Thread: Carbon Express Spine Chart -- How Accurate?

Carbon Express Spine Chart -- How Accurate?

Does anyone have any experience with how accurate the Carbon Express spine charts are? I am looking to buy some terminator selects and am not sure which size to get. The chart says I need the 45-60, but I have heard that spine charts are usually underspined and you should pick the next size up. I'm thinking that could change from manufacturer to manufacturer.

My setup is a Hoyt Ultratec at 60#, 27" draw. I'm getting about 240 fps with a 440 grain arrow. Thanks.

Smile Carbon Express

I really like some of their shafts but they don't publish spine ratings for any of their products that I have found. They cover such a wide span of weights for a given shaft size that I am skeptical of the charts recommendations. At least with spine ratings you can see what you need to do with point weight, poundage, and shaft length to get the proper setup.
    The X-Jammers and Line Jammers are great indoor arrows and spine is not as critical indoors. But for Field and FITA I like to be able to see the printed properties of the shaft I am going to use. Maybe the spine ratings are available and I just don't know where to look.
    Jbird
    Lancaster Archery * Vortex Optics * Carter Releases * BCY String Products * CBE Sights * Vanetec Vanes
    Buy a copy of the US Constitution for you and your Children. It will remind you of who we once were. Vote the Dems out and get your life back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbird
    I really like some of their shafts but they don't publish spine ratings for any of their products that I have found. They cover such a wide span of weights for a given shaft size that I am skeptical of the charts recommendations. At least with spine ratings you can see what you need to do with point weight, poundage, and shaft length to get the proper setup.
    The X-Jammers and Line Jammers are great indoor arrows and spine is not as critical indoors. But for Field and FITA I like to be able to see the printed properties of the shaft I am going to use. Maybe the spine ratings are available and I just don't know where to look.
    Jbird
    Jay, AA has all the up to date spine calcs. If you need specifics let me know, I'll be happy to help out.

The spine on the 45/60 is .385 if you e-mail them they will tell you what the spines are.

Thumbs up Thanks Guys

I appreaciate that info. May look at the 3-D Selects. Wonder what the spine ratings are for those shaft choices?
    Thanks,
    Jay
    Lancaster Archery * Vortex Optics * Carter Releases * BCY String Products * CBE Sights * Vanetec Vanes
    Buy a copy of the US Constitution for you and your Children. It will remind you of who we once were. Vote the Dems out and get your life back.

That spine rating helps me out, but I'm still not sure which size to get. Any info or advice?

Oh yeah, I am using a 125 grain point.

curious guys. i just got some X-Jammer Pro's and it says the spine is .297 on the chart. however, i am curious as to what people would recommend for my setup? 2012 hoyt Alpha Elite, 61 lbs, 29" draw. arrows cut at 27.25"
    pin nok/bushings, and 2.5" Dura Vanes. here is the issue though. with 140 grain tips they are still underspined (bad left tear) ? any thoughts?
    Erick S. Hicks
    2010 Nemesis, 09 Alienx, 02 scepter ll, 05 shadowcat,

Quote Originally Posted by alienshooter View Post
    curious guys. i just got some X-Jammer Pro's and it says the spine is .297 on the chart. however, i am curious as to what people would recommend for my setup? 2012 hoyt Alpha Elite, 61 lbs, 29" draw. arrows cut at 27.25"
    pin nok/bushings, and 2.5" Dura Vanes. here is the issue though. with 140 grain tips they are still underspined (bad left tear) ? any thoughts?
    The left tear isn't happening because you are underspined. It's either caused by you, or your could try yoke tuning to see if it eliminates it.

Carbon Express lists the actual spine, or deflection, of all of their arrows on their website. When choosing arrows, I would recommend you use their Draw Weight Calculator and then refer to the chart using the calculated weight.

Quote Originally Posted by kahunter View Post
    That spine rating helps me out, but I'm still not sure which size to get. Any info or advice?

Oh yeah, I am using a 125 grain point.
    You will be just fine. But if it were me I would look into Blue Streak(250)better arrow and tolorances. Just follow their chart you will be just fine.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Jbird View Post
    I appreaciate that info. May look at the 3-D Selects. Wonder what the spine ratings are for those shaft choices?
    Thanks,
    Jay
    Jay follow the CE charts they are pretty spot on. I use 3D selects myself. What are the specs of your bow? I can give you a recommendation what to look at.
    Have a good day and a better hunt