Thread: Parts needed for Hunters View treestand.

Parts needed for Hunters View treestand.

Hey guys, I need to find the pins that go into the "Hawk" climbing treestand. You know, the ones that hold the cables in the frame. Is that something that I could get at a hardware store? I know I could use just a nut and bolt, but thats more than I want to mess with at 5:00 in the morning. Also, I noticed when I moved my stand today to look for the pins, I had rusty water run out of the stand, should I be concerned about it weakning from the inside out? If any of you guys have any of those pins that you want to get rid of, send me a PM and I'll buy them from you.

Proud to be a Bowhunter.

Anybody?
    Proud to be a Bowhunter.

do you mean like these?? if so ...homedepot sells them or any hardware store too

Yep, thats the critter I'm looking for. Thanks alot, I'll be going to Home Depot in the morning!
    Proud to be a Bowhunter.

Paul, like Jersey Hunter said, any hardware or farm supply store should have what you are looking for, but they will probably be silver or gold color, not black, but a little flat paint should take care of the visible part. As for the rust, if water is allowed to stand in the tubing long enough it could cause some problems. They need to be stored where water can't collect in them, and if it is a problem while in use, drill some very small holes in the low points where the water collects to let it drain out. I water hasn't been in there too long, it should be ok. If water has been in there very long, drain it out and let it dry out, then tap on the areas where the water collects and see if any rust comes out. If not, you are probably ok, if you get rust coming out of it, I would be careful using it, as they use isn't very thick. I hope this helps.

TC