Thread: First time user...going to be first time "new bow" buyer

First time user...going to be first time "new bow" buyer

Hello everyone, I'm looking for as much information as I can find on every bow I can. Of course I am looking at the three big name bows, but I am very open to suggestions about the rest of them.

I have owned several other bows (Browning Black Knight, Myles Keller Impact Plus, and most recently a 4-year old Parker hunter) for hunting, but I am ready to step up and buy a brand new bow (the others were are hand-me-downs). My main focus has always been hunting, but I would like to dabble in some tournaments in the future. My draw length is 29" and I have been pulling 70 lbs.

I am partial to the parallel limb technology, but I noticed not all manufacturers have embraced it yet. I don't have any real preference to what type of cam I use (don't know enough about them to have a preference). I think that I would like a bow with a minimum A-to-A of 32" and a minimum brace height of 7".

I have heard that Ross makes a very good bow, though I don't know anyone that shoots one. I have read several articles on the Bow Logic 32 and the Browning Illusion, but the articles are few and far between.

The only bows that my local pro shop carry are Mathews and Pearson, so I don't have the option to try out several of them.

Any help through facts/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug_4
    Hello everyone, I'm looking for as much information as I can find on every bow I can. Of course I am looking at the three big name bows, but I am very open to suggestions about the rest of them.

I have owned several other bows (Browning Black Knight, Myles Keller Impact Plus, and most recently a 4-year old Parker hunter) for hunting, but I am ready to step up and buy a brand new bow (the others were are hand-me-downs). My main focus has always been hunting, but I would like to dabble in some tournaments in the future. My draw length is 29" and I have been pulling 70 lbs.

I am partial to the parallel limb technology, but I noticed not all manufacturers have embraced it yet. I don't have any real preference to what type of cam I use (don't know enough about them to have a preference). I think that I would like a bow with a minimum A-to-A of 32" and a minimum brace height of 7".

I have heard that Ross makes a very good bow, though I don't know anyone that shoots one. I have read several articles on the Bow Logic 32 and the Browning Illusion, but the articles are few and far between.

The only bows that my local pro shop carry are Mathews and Pearson, so I don't have the option to try out several of them.

Any help through facts/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith
    Hi Keith:

Welcome to ArcheryTalk. Lots of good folks here.

Have you seen the www.huntersfriend.com website?

Lots of great comparison information all laid out in side by side chart format.
    Great informational articles about archery as well.

Have you seen the $399 Martin Bengal with parallel limbs?
    http://www.martinarchery.com/?page=bows&bow=bengal

Another parallel limb bow to take a look at is the Rytera Bullet X.
    Rytera will send a bow to your specifications to any pro shop in your area, if you don't have a Rytera dealer in your area.

No charge. Try out the bow. If you don't like it, still no charge and Rytera pays the shipping out to your pro shop as well as the return shipping.

If you're interested, just send a private message (pm) to "The Griffin".
    www.nutsandboltsarchery.com
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...=who+wants+dvd
    Send me an email for DVD = $25.00....

alanlui@comcast.net

I would get the Martin Bengal for ~ $400. Then you will have plenty of money left for the sword sight and whisker biscuit. You will have an awesome bow with killer accesories for a decent price.