Archery Talk Forum banner

G5 xr Sights?

858 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Dale_B1 
#1 ·
I have been shooting an HHA for the last 2 years and really like it but at times I think of going back to a fixed pin sight for hunting to eliminate movement and allow for quicker response time to shots. Some of the multiple pin movable sights or movable pins seem like may be the best of both worlds. What are the G5 XR sights like? Anyone have any experience? Thanks

#2 ·
I like my Xr2. The main drawbacks are the pins not being bright enough, and I have always thought that it was a bit noisy. The system as a whole is very well done, and the best of both worlds in my opinion. I like that only the floater pin moves when you dial, not the whole housing, like the other multi pin sliders, keeps your fixed pins at the same distance no matter what you set the floater at.

#3 ·
I just sold my XR4. Amazing sight. I thought that it has the clearest sight picture out of any multi pin sights I have used and the 4 pin being a slider was awesome. I did however buy the light for those gloomy days right before dark. 9/10 imo

#5 ·
no, I wouldn't say so. I can't say 100% how much of the noise I hear is coming from the sight. I am replacing my rest because I think that is a source of noise as well, but I am keeping the sight because I like it so much. I am also looking to move to heavier arrows, after which I will really know how noisy the sight is. I did have the opportunity to shoot a buddy's Mathews Z7 extreme this season while mine was waiting on string/cables, and I was amazed when I missed two different deer on different days and almost got second shots due to how quiet the bow was and they just really didn't know what was going on. Now, I can honestly say I haven't missed yet with my rig with the G5 Xr2 on it, so it is hard to compare, but I feel some of the noise I perceive from the bow comes from the sight.

#6 ·
Personally i would stay with HHA. Much better sight in my opinion. If you get the xr sight really watch and make sure the little nut that holds the dial on stays tight. Mine woukd come loose and then when you twist it to change yardage it moves and the sight does not. If you dont know exactly what yardage it was set at before this happens then you have some trial and error to figure that out which is hard while you are hunting. It didnt stay on my bow long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.