a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For the money what is the best hunting arrow?

For the money what is the best hunting arrow?

I am going to be purchasing some arrows, and need to know the best carbon hunting arrow for the money?

Well depends on how much you have to work with. I love carbon express and the arrows they make. My favortie for hunting are the maximas which are about 130 a dozen. And terminator lite selects which are about 80 or so a doz. You really cant go wrong with any carbon express arrows.If you want small diameter and heavy try the cx edge.

trying something new

always shot carbon express 3D selects which are pretty pricey. just ordered some goldtip prohunters on special for $90. If it wasn't for the special price I would have gone with goldtip hunter xt's. Their about $75 per dz.

I go through about 5 dozen arrows a year because I like to shoot my bow. I hunt everything with it, rabbits, squirrels, Deer, Bear, Elk, Coon, you name it I stab it with an arrow. I like the cheap Pse hunter arrows, Gold tips are good but there a little more, and some rabbits arn't worth it. I have shot the $100+ dozen arrows and they shoot the same to me as everything else. Some may be a little stronger but it dosn't matter much when you shoot a tree with it. Start with the cheep ones and see if they work for you.

gold tips

I have shot quite a few different brand arrows, but for a reasonable price I would be surprised to find a more durable arrow than a gold tip xt hunter. While i have had other arrows break due to poor shots like striking the rebar in a 3d target, glancing off tree trunk. I will have to share this with you and I hate to admit it because it was pretty embarrassing; but recieved some new arrows the other day GT xt 5575's decided could not possibly wait to get to range so set my block target at the whopping distance of ten yards nocked arrow began to draw back and forgot to get my finger behind my trigger. Of course besides almost knocking myself unconscious there goes my new,never before shot arrow into the concrete side of my house. the arrow tip was very badly damged, the nock went flying somewhere but after flexing shaft etc found zero nada nothing at all wrong with it went out that weekend and shot the entire 3d course with that same arrow. again all the time flexing it to assure that its is fine. Now that is one tough arrow, however I do not recommend shooting an arrow into concrete as a test. But I am impressed have had other arrows crack, split after much less violent impacts. I think they are a very good value arrow for the money and they group really nice for me.

gold tips

ever since i changed to carbons i have shot gold tips. I shoot expediton hunters. and i love em. I get a dozen fletched arrows for $65.

gold tips

i have heard from every pro shop i have gone to say that gold tips are the best. just like rcr said u can flex them bend, them and in my case shoot oak trees with them and they go back to original straightness.

gold tip or carbon express. I would go with the higher end ones with the tighter tollerances personally.

I 've shot or shoot arrows from the different manufacturers, (Easton, Carbon Express, Beman, and Gold Tip. I found that the less expensive shafts are almost as durable as the more costly one. The accuracy is not that noticable on the 3D course but I weigh arrows and seperate by weight. I like the Beman ICS hunter (black) for hunting. A dozen of these are about half the price of Maxima's which I really like but in my opinion cost too much.The bottom line is the price you are willing to pay.

Carbon Tech is the shaft of choice at my shop. Gold Tip and then Beman are next. Easton and then CX are next after that.
    Carbon Tech is a very accurate, and consistant shaft. They are also very tough.
    Many people are switching over from GT I'm finding. Don't get me wrong, GT has a good shaft and a good selection as well. We sell a lot of them. People are just liking the CT's better at the moment. It might be something else next year.
    As far as the best hunting all carbon shaft for the money, I'd have to say the Carbon Tech Whitetail, or the Beman Black Max.
    JMO,
    Jerry

Gold Tip is the best arrow Period! They are tough,and if you look around you can find good deals on them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat Hoyt
    I 've shot or shoot arrows from the different manufacturers, (Easton, Carbon Express, Beman, and Gold Tip. I found that the less expensive shafts are almost as durable as the more costly one. The accuracy is not that noticable on the 3D course but I weigh arrows and seperate by weight. I like the Beman ICS hunter (black) for hunting. A dozen of these are about half the price of Maxima's which I really like but in my opinion cost too much.The bottom line is the price you are willing to pay.
    Bemans all the way, thats what i have alweays used since shooting carbons, i cant say that they are better than any other but i do know they have workd out for me so far. 6 yrs runnin strong.

I've been shooting CX 3D selects and standard CX arrows for a while now. I just picked up some terminators b/c I wanted a heavier arrow for hunting. For how much the terminators cost and what you can get them for on this site, I don't see how you can beat them. They shoot dead on with my 3-D selects (though a little slower). I think they cost half the price.

Can't beat it.

I would say that the best carbon arrows for your money are GT XT Hunters 7595`s and they run for anywhere between $75-$90 per dozen. They are amazingly fast with 100grain or less tips. And blazor viens will help stabilize the arrows quite well when broadheads are on the arrow.
    Last edited by RedFingers; August 1st, 2006 at 01:08 PM.

acc 360's

gold tip

Have shot 4 brands of carbons, pse, carbon impact, easton, and carbon express. Liked the cx maximas...alot. They cost a little more, but remember value, and cost are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander
    Carbon Tech is the shaft of choice at my shop. Gold Tip and then Beman are next. Easton and then CX are next after that.
    Carbon Tech is a very accurate, and consistant shaft. They are also very tough.
    Many people are switching over from GT I'm finding. Don't get me wrong, GT has a good shaft and a good selection as well. We sell a lot of them. People are just liking the CT's better at the moment. It might be something else next year.
    As far as the best hunting all carbon shaft for the money, I'd have to say the Carbon Tech Whitetail, or the Beman Black Max.
    JMO,
    Jerry
    CARBON TECH all the way

GOLD TIP EXPEDITIONS for the money thats what will be in my quiver!!!

excellent hunting shaft and cheap to....

Good thread.. I was just about to post this same thread. Im just getting into bowhunting again after a ten year lapse since I last shot...

What do most people shoot for grain weights with their carbons? I used to shoot 75 grain tips way back when, but was planning on shooting 100 grain this year? They seem to be more common.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat Hoyt

I couldn't agree more. The ICS Hunters are really a great performer at any price. Straight, consistent, incredebly durable and available for $55 per dozen on shafts.

Oh yeah, I think they are still running a $10 mail in rebate for fletched dozens. Some places just give you the discount up front and handle it for you.

I've been very pleased with these shafts. I also shoot the Maximas...great shafts, too.....but I think the Bemans are much better when you consider the price.

Good luck...you've got plenty of good arrows to choose from!!!

Carbon Tech Whitetail , great shafts .
    You buy a dozen , you will have a dozen of arrows who will group at any distance , no flyers like from some other overrated manufacturers .

Carbon Express CX300,s =or- .003 hard to beat for the money
    Second choice Beman Hunter Elites pricey but as close to perfect as you can get
    Easton fatboys or Carbon Express CLX Select Arrows for 3D

Thumbs up Carbons

I like the Carbon Express, I use Terminator Hunters, great arrow reasonably priced. Found that most carbons are relatively similar in shooting. Look for sales.

Quote Originally Posted by 442fps
    Carbon Tech Whitetail , great shafts .
    You buy a dozen , you will have a dozen of arrows who will group at any distance , no flyers like from some other overrated manufacturers .
    442 is right...the best all around arrow for the money. There is a reason that Carbon Tech only sells their arrows by the dozen.
    PSE MILITIA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast