Archery Talk Forum banner

Is anyone here an official scorer......

783 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  No Mercy 
#1 ·
Just wandering if anyone was an official scorer for P&Y or B&C? I've sent all of my paperwork in,but I hear it's hard to get selected for an opportunity to go to a scoring clinic.

#4 ·
I'm a scorer for B&C. It usually takes a while. I actually know a couple of guys that applied for two years before getting selected. Keep submitting, it'll happen. They get A LOT of applications. I just got lucky, but it's great fun and you get to see a lot of deer and talk to some great folks.

#5 ·
As soon as P&Y gets enough people that want to be certified in a certain region, then they will probably hold a seminar in that area for those interested. I live in the panhandle of Tx and drove to Albq., NM for the course. Wrote B&C several years ago about becoming a scorer and was told their course is 5 days and I would be invited to one whereever. Couldn't see taking a weeks vacation to become a scorer.

#6 ·
I'm an official P&Y measurer.....

I applied back in 2002 and was finally selected this past spring to go to Chatfield for the July 2006 measuring class. It can take a while to be selected dependant upon the number of measurers in your area and the number of trophies coming out of an area as well. The nearest P&Y measruer to me is 35 miles. After that the nearest scorer is approimately 60 miles in the opposite direction. Keep hanging in there, you may get a surprise in the mail like next April from P&Y headquarters.

#7 ·
I'm also a P&Y measurer. Attended the class in Chatfield in 2000 or 2001. Absolutely love it. Been toying with applying for B&C, but 5 days is a chunk... since I'd have to take vacation for 3 of them.

#8 ·
It took me 3 years to get invited to a B & C clinic. Kevin and Glen Hisey were teaching it...so it was pretty easy to get certified for both P & Y and B & C. LIke mudslinger2 said-they wait until they have enough people in an area, or until there is a dire need for a scorer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.