a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Adjustment on Darton Maverick with CP6 cam?

Adjustment on Darton Maverick with CP6 cam?

Owner called from the shop and someone brought in a (2003?) Darton Maverick (with recurve limbs) and the CP6 cam. Does anyone have info on how or what draw adjustments are? The cust. needs it shortened. It lists on the limb it is 27" to 31" and now is at about 28". He thought it needed a module but the owner said it looked like it was just an adjustment but there were several adjustments on it. Trying to save a bit of trial and error as it's getting busy now.
    Thanks. Jon
    P.S. Darton sight only goes to 2004 for the tech bullitens and they are for a C/P/S system. How different is this than a CP6 adjustment wise?

Last edited by IroquoisArcher; August 28th, 2006 at 11:22 PM.

I'm sure Darton would gladly send you a copy of the Maverick Express bulletin.

It sounds like you're in a bit of a hurry, though, so you could download the bulletin for the Rampage. The baseline tuning instructions therein will apply directly to the Maverick Express. Adding 1/8" to 1/4" to the numbers in the Rampage chart should tell you what to expect while using the same settings on the Maverick. I do believe the efficiency recommendations in the Rampage chart are screwed up, though; best efficiency is to be expected in the 1A, 2B, 3C, 4D or 5E positions.

I do have a copy of the Maverick Express bulletin, so I could help you with Maverick-specific info. It would help to know which module the bow is currently equipped with (probably an E1 or E2), what the current module and string anchor settings are and what drawlength is desired.

Thanks. The owner called last night since he calls me "Mr. Internet" and wondered if I had any info. on it. I already e-mailed Darton and will check after I get home from work and head over there. I did go to their site and get some of the instruction sheets but most were for the C/P/S and I didn't know how different they might be. Figured we could figure it out but again as it's starting to get slammed there you haven't the time to spend a couple hours doing something simple.

You'd want a bulletin for a bow equipped with the CPS Express. While the current CPS Extreme is similar to the older CPS Express (what you're dealing with), the drawlength charts and the baseline tuning procedures are different. Of the bulletins they have posted, I believe the Rampage bulletin is the closest to being what you want. I am mystified as to why they don't have a bulletin for the Maverick Express posted; there's alot of those bows out there.

I've never emailed Darton, but I've always gotten great service via the telephone. If you don't hear anything back from them, try calling them.

Thanks again for the information, it is VERY helpful. Printed off the Rampage tuning tips. Guess might as well forget Darton e-mailing. I've tried twice now and get the same "visit our web site or call..." I know they are busy but thought this one would be easy to just say to go to this site and download.
    Thanks again.

They will email you back if you insist on them doing so, they don't like to, but they will after about 2 or 3 emails, they will answer any questions or give you information, very reluctanly (sp).
    2012 HOYT VECTOR TURBO 50# #3B CAM
    2013 MATHEWS HELIM 50# 28.5 DL
    FRED BEAR BARSALINO T/D 60# 28.5 DL

you are much better off calling darton directly. that way you will have a clear understanding of how the module and string adjustments work.

Thanks again for the replies. Just got back from the shop and saw the bow. It has an E3 module on and is in the 1A position so according to the Rampage Express tuning paper should be 27 3/4" draw. We measured it to 28 1/4" so there may be some stretch in there. Am going to call Darton tomorrow to find cost of an E2 module, the customer needs it shortened by approx. an inch.
    Thanks again for all the help.

The bow is pretty close to what it should be - the Maverick chart says that with the E3 in position 1A the DL should be 28". Like I said, the Rampage chart, while close, is 1/8 - 1/4" short throughout.

You'll need an E2 module (DL range = 26 1/2 - 28 1/2") run somewhere between the 2B and 3C position OR you'll need an E1 module (DL range = 25 1/2 - 27 1/2") run in the 4D - 5E zone.

If you're sure the customer needs to be at 27 1/2" or under you may want to go with the E1 module; if you're in a spot where the module ranges overlap the smaller module will usually show a speed advantage of a few f/s.

Oh, and don't forget to ask them to include a Mav Express bulletin when you order the mod.

When you do the initial tune on the CPS 6, you need to have the cams in the 3C position.