Archery Talk Forum banner

Just Gotta lavish praise on my High Country X10 Speed Bow

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  txcookie 
#1 ·
First I wish to apologize as this posting admittedly contains no information of any actual technical value and it's only purpose is for me to take this opportunity to lavish as much praise on High Country's X10 line of bows as the opinion of a relative novice such as myself can do so credibly.

Well have basically finished setting up and sighting in my X10 Speed Bow I bought used (but in excellent condition) from a outstanding fellow member of this web site. Over the last 30 something years I have owned and shot bows from York(1), Golden Eagle (2), Martin (1), Parker (1) PSE (3) Bowtech (1), Alpine (1) Darton (2) and my last purchase of my second High Country. My first was a HC Sniper and now a X10 Speed bow with solid Barksdale Limbs and Trinity II cams.

I equipped it with a QAD Ultra rest, a Fletcher 1/4" tubeless peep. The bow already came equipped with string silencers and a great quiver and I put a Cobra 4 pin .019" fiber optic sight on it and a 8" Limb Saver stabilizer I already had. I can offer no explanation as to why, but never before in my combined entire archery experience have I EVER been able to shoot a bow so accurately so easily and quickly. Almost from the first shot after tuning the bow I was shooting the best groups I ever have.

Tried something different using a level line of tape to sight in my archery sights vertically and horizontally for the first time out to 40 yards and it worked superbly and I was utterly amazed how quick and easy it was VS a traditional bulls eye sight in. I have for years always saved certain specific targets from both firearm and archery shooting for a multitude of reasons. I dug out my best targets from my last four bows 2 Dartons and 2 PSEs.

Now keep in mind I have shot this new HC X10 Speed bow less than 200 times totally and already I am shooting dramatically better groups at 35 and 40 yards with both target points and broad heads than I ever did with my last four bows, again I have NO idea and no explanation WHAT SO EVER for this save for this possible reason.

I did some side by shooting of my X10 and my favorite Darton and PSE bows and it hit me almost instantly how much better the X10 felt in my hand and for lack of a better explanation the X10 simply "Fit Me" better. It was almost as if it melted into my hand and became an extension of my arm. I absolutely love shooting my X10, so much so I will once again get back into 3-D shooting, admittedly mostly for the fun for it.

Also I don't know what my bows FPS is but so far from 0-30 yards I only need 2 pins and all my arrows stay within a 7" circle. Clearly with out doubt this bow is dramatically faster than any of my other bows and there all set at 60-62 lbs draw weight. I can not wait to shoot it to 40 and 50 yards to see what happens, as I am limited to shooting to only 35 yards in my yard, but I have a area available to me not far from my home where I have unlimited room and can shoot with complete safety.

All in all I am beyond happy and satisfied with this superbly made excellent performing bow from High Country, it may only be my second HC bow and first one in over 23 years, but it most definitely won't be the last.

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah, I second many of the things the OP said. I bought a new X10 that a former dealer near me had on the shelf sitting around for a few years now and gave me a killer deal, and I think it is the best combination of speed and performance while still being lightweight I have used yet. Simply an awesome bow, highly recommend it to others. Shot it today and knocked my target off the stand I have it on because it rips arrows with such awesome speed!

#7 ·
Great little bow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.