Thread: Who's taking Chlorophyll Tablets?

Who's taking Chlorophyll Tablets?

I don't remember who started the thread on taking Chlorophyll Tablets to aid in scent control. Well curiosity got the best of me and I went out and bought some the next day (around Sept. 13). The tablets I bought came from Vitamin World. They're called Chlorophyll Concentrate, extracted from Alfalfa. They contain 50 mg of Copper Chlorophyll and are to be taken 4 times a day. Is this a normal concentration (mg) consistent with other brands? For those taking Chlorophyll, what is your brand/dose? How long do you need to take it prior to hunting season? October 1st is the opener here in Indiana. I've been taking them faithfully for five days now (2 in the morning and 2 at bedtime). Give me some input please! This is something new to me.

ive never heard of that sounds like a waist of money...save your money and just buy some sent killer or a sent lock suit ....just my 2 cents

It works better than scent-loc. Just be prepared for green....If you've been using it for 4 days I'm sure you're aware.

you gotta be kidding me???

oh god,i have heard it all now,no scent pills!!! where is it going to stop,wash your clothes in no scent soap and the same with your body,get in the tree down wind of where deer travel and hunt,its as simple as that fellows!!!!!

Thanks for the tip, Jason. It's just that simple

They work.. Have been using them for years. Its not overnight,, I have always started about 3 weeks before season and used it through the whole season.

To the negative posts, do a bit of research.

GTR

GREEN in the bowl

Yep...it works, to an extent. I have been taking it before and during bow season for better than 25 years...just took 2 pills this morning! Like mentioned, be prepared for GREEN in the bowl. But more than that, I notice a difference in underarm and other body odors after the first few days. Not a cure all, for sure, but in my view, it works as well or better than many of the newer scent control products. Being out west, I hunt much of the time from the ground. I am also fortunate enough to be in the field most of the year. I notice that elk, for example, will still smell you, but they react as if you are farther away from them than you actually are, which sometimes gives you the time you need for a shot while they are sorting things out. While I buy mine at the health food store, there is a reason that pharmacies sell the stuff to folks who have had colon surgeries, and have to wear the bag. Nothing replaces staying down wind during the stalk, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer-Andy
    How long do you need to take it prior to hunting season? October 1st is the opener here in Indiana. I've been taking them faithfully for five days now (2 in the morning and 2 at bedtime). Give me some input please! This is something new to me.

Sorry, I did not answer all your questions.. My father and I have taken 1mg per lb of body weight for 20 years or so. I take the same as you... Im ~215lbs and I take 2 in morning 2 at night. Years ago there were no top brands, it was cheap, now I buy the cheapest at GNC.

GTR

I take Derifil tablets

They are 100mg chlorophyllin copper complex sodium. Adults 12 and over take 1 or 2 tabs per day up to a max of 3 per day.
    I think it may help in a small way and have been taking it for years. It is no substitute for the basics of odor control and staying down wind.

Rx
    ArcheryTalk is a Gun Free Zone. Check out www.GunTalkWorld.com for gun related items.
    Sending payment via PayPal Gift option? Bad idea

Thanks for all of the replies. It sounds that many AT'ers are benefiting from these Chlorophyll tablets to some degree. I understand that it is not a substitute for good scent contol measures such as scent eliminating detergent, sprays, deoderant, and hunting with the wind, however an extra little edge wouldn't hurt. I think for no more than it costs, it's worth a try. Besides acting as a natural body deodorizer, it has a lot of other health benefits too. Lowers Cholesterol, detoxifies the blood and liver, helps regulate blood sugar (good for diebetics), increases body's oxygen carrying capacity and improves digestive and intestinal function. These are just a few of the benefits. To all of you that are still skeptical, do the research and then decide. It's still a healthy decision regardless of its benefit to scent control.

Google "nullo" - they have been around for about 40 years and only suggest one pill morning and evening...
    In the magic of the autumn woods, my soul is nourished.

Chlorophyll tablets do work,I mainly take them for my breath before I go out hunting but if you take them on a regular basis they can help reduce your body odor,I know a nurse that works at a nursing home and they give them to the elderly that are bedridden most of the time so it helps to reduce their body odor.

I take one with every meal, starting a week or two before the season opener. I'm convinced they help reduce body odors.

I got some Triple Chlorophyll from GNC. Its 60mg and the container says don't take more than 1 tablet a day.

Happy Hunting
    Dan

I tried them once years ago but never saw where they made a big difference?

Been using "Nullo" for a few years now. Start off with partial doses (compared to what they recommend) and work your way up or you may find they work better as a green laxative!

Been using chlorophyll tablets for 20 years. Ever since one of my Dr. hunting buddies told me about them. At on time Tink's even marketed chlorophyll as a scent suppressant.

Ask your doctor

As a Family Practitioner I can tell you that chlorophyll does have odor masking ability, but a better option if you simply didn't resist that garlic or Mexican food the night before your hunt is charcoal tablets. They are available at most pharmacies. Take two to three the night before and notice that the unpleasant "burp taste" is gone in the morning. There is a reason we put activated charcoal down NG tubes when patients overdose on drugs/alcohol; the charcoal will bind up most drugs and does the same thing with odors. Nothing against chlorophyll, but in a pinch, charcoal beats it hands down.

Isn't chlorophyll in wheat grass juice?

My wife has been tryin to get me to drink that crap for years.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzzyAddict
    As a Family Practitioner I can tell you that chlorophyll does have odor masking ability, but a better option if you simply didn't resist that garlic or Mexican food the night before your hunt is charcoal tablets. They are available at most pharmacies. Take two to three the night before and notice that the unpleasant "burp taste" is gone in the morning. There is a reason we put activated charcoal down NG tubes when patients overdose on drugs/alcohol; the charcoal will bind up most drugs and does the same thing with odors. Nothing against chlorophyll, but in a pinch, charcoal beats it hands down.
    Your right about the garlic, spicy food deal. The odor does seem to come out of your pores afterwards. Best to avoid that during hunting season. I've heard the charcoal thing before and there's a product on the market made from it that's aimed at hunters. From what I understand activated charcoal is supposed to absorb things within your digestive tract but not throughout your body like pit odor etc. Here's a link http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/n...act_0014.shtml

As for chlorophyll it does work. You want the natural stuff though, not the artifical chlorophyllin.