Archery Talk Forum banner

Slammerhead report

905 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  *wk* 
#1 ·
Well, I switched this year from the steelhead to the slammerhead, both made by Rocket. My steelheads were blowing through pretty good and wanted to see if extra cutting diameter would be OK. Steelheads are 1 1/8 and the slammerheads are 1 3/4.

I have shot 4 deer with these heads so far, all were complete passthroughs.

Doe 1 was broadside at 12 yards, broke ribs going in and going out. Didnt need to follow the bloodtrail as she dropped in about 25 yards.

Doe 2 was broadside at 23 yards, went between the ribs, she dropped in about 15 yards.

Doe 3 was slightly quartering away at 32 yards. Broke a rib going in and out through the off shoulder(no bone) She dropped in about 40 yards, but had a massive bloodtrail that Ray Charles could follow.

Doe 4 was 22 yards broadside, blasted through both shoulders, breaking the leg bone on the way out. She ran about 40 yards and piled up.

So far I have been very impressed with this head. On all 4 shots, the head was completely intact, only a single bent blade on the head that broke the leg bone.

See less See more
#3 ·
450 grain Beman at 270 out of my Patriot set at 72 pounds with a 28.5 draw.

This comes to about 73 foot-pounds of KE

I havent taken any pics yet, but next deer I shoot (leaving for stand right now in fact) I will take some pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.