Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Let's See Your Non Archery Related Kill's And Hear Some Stories

Quote Originally Posted by saskguy View Post
    Shot this guy in 2004 with a muzzleloader. Hunted him for 3 yrs and found 4 of his sheds, he was likely 8 1/2 yrs old.

Shot this guy in 2005 with a muzzlelaoder, had found one set of his sheds but actually only laid eyes on him 3 times in 3 yrs.

Shot this guy in 2006 with a muzzleloader, actually passed him up the yr before by mistake, it worked out well. I patterned him over the summer and got lucky on Oct. 9.

Any way you could post the score of those great bucks?

.30-06 Springfield, Remington Gamemaster

NW Minnesota
    Attached Images Attached Images

06` Opener - 11 point - 12 ga. smooth bore
    PSE Proshop LiteSpeed - Trophy Taker Pronghorn - Limbsaver S-Coil - Tru-Fire & Fletchhunter Wrist Release - Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Hunter Plus
    pathfinderfishandgame.com

last day of duck season we killed 40 ducks they are in the oat and on back of the truck
    Xtreme Stabilizers

what a nice pictures

my wifes 2009 bull. She used a 260 rem. Model 7.

230 yard shot.

She was very happy she did get this bull. we seen alot of elk, just couldn't get on to them.

good luck hunting.
    Last edited by oct71; October 7th, 2009 at 12:02 AM.

I had passed up a lesser 8pt opening day of Missouri's gun season. The guys in our group said I would be sorry and should have taken him. Took a doe later in the day but still hung on to my buck tag. First weekend goes by and no more shooters.
    Second weekend of gun season saw no deer Saturday morning. Early in the afternoon we jumped this dandy 8pt out of a fence line next to a weedy bean field. I was not going to pass this one up. 24" main beams, nearly 12" G3's, 19" inside spread, and he carries his four circumference measurements well out on each beam totalling 40+inches.

"crackerized" '06,'07 Tributes:wife,kids,dogs,: !everybody needs a new EXperience!!?? not necessarily in that order
    "At no time is freedom of speech more precious than when a man hits his thumb with a hammer."
    I wish I was at http://www.lagunavistaranch.com/contact.html(Jed is out of Crown)

My 13 yr old son and I got 3 opening morning. He got his first buck ever (small 6pt.) I took a doe and a small racked buck just to make the memories. Then Monday I took my 9 yr old out (first time he has ever actually had a weapon to use during season, usually he just sits and watches with his brother and I) He shot his first deer ever. It was a decent doe. We have had a GREAT season in my eyes and a full freezer. No monsters but hey its not always about the trophies. Bryan
    2010 Alpine Nitrous N20 Full Skull Camo

KS buck. 250 yds with .270 Gross 182
    07" HCA Iron Mace
    Vforce, FOB, Montec

What would yall do in this situation?

It is muzzleloader season here in MO. So I drove by my hunny hole this afternoon and there was a truck sittin in the driveway. I pulled in behind the truck, and the owner of it was standing there. I asked his name and if he was related to the land owner. His reply was no mo brother owns the land right next to the property. I informed him that no one other than myself and the owners brother-in-law, and nephews were allowed on the property. He said well him and his brothers have been hunting there for years, and informs me of where his stands were. I told him once again that no one was allowed on the place. he then informs me that he is gonna go over his brothers place and circle around and slip into the property from the north side. I had to tell the guy again, NOT ALLOWED!!! He said ok. So I went home after he left, and got ready to go back hunting. I get there he is parked down the road on his brothers place. I slipped in to my stand and started to climb the ladder. Made it to the ladder brace and felt my stand move. I climbed another rung or two and pulled on the ladder, it leaned from the tree about a foot. The guy had been at my stand and removed the straps from the top while leaving the ladder brace strap!!! I got down and walked to another stand and he had put a chain around it with a padlock on it!!! I then found his tracks where he had walked in after I had run him off. As I am trying to regain my composure and not go bust the guy in the mouth, I am walkin to the truck and I here him shoot. It was a meat shot. I waited at his truck till dark he never showed. Not to mention the guy and his brother have stolen about 1200 dollars worth of timber off of the property in the past week. It has been a week since I have been in there. So I am a little pissed.

I meant it has been a week since I have been bow hunting this property, so they have done all of this stuff with in the past week. And I found his tracks in the snow, we got hit with about 3 inches lastnight and this mornin so I went back there to be in the beans.

Just a little guy, but on the last day of the trip and not seeing much, I wanted something for the freezer.

Winchester Model 70, 7wsm, 140g barnes TSX tipped. 215 yards after a 3/4 mile stalk.

Nice animals people

My Pennsylvania deer

Daughter's First Deer

My 30 something daughter said she wanted to try some new experiences in 2010. So for her very first deer hunt out we went yesterday (16 degrees) for the muzzleloading opener here in Ohio. We thought it was a decent doe that was passing in front, but it turned out to be a young (102 pounds field dressed) buck that had already shed it's headgear. Sitting behind her I was more nervous than she was, but she put the saboted slug right into the pump station. I am proud of her!
    ....................Sent via Overland Pony Express.............

"We've upped our standards. Up yours"

Yote...nearly had a double.

Here is my 2009 WI rifle buck. Heck of a hunt, Took him with my 7mm Mag rifle

Rytera Alien X
    Rytera Alien Nemesis
    G5 Strikers

I'm out hunting....try again later

Ok...A "Non-Archery related" kill story....HMMMM....

It was fall, 1975. I had just gotten out of the Navy in June, and had a date with a gal one night. I had to go to her house and pick her up.

This was in Portland, Oregon, and anyone who has ever lived there knows that Opossums are all over the place and come out at night and they are a problem to pets and children with their bites and disease. A few years before, my dad and I each had early morning paper routes and we would regale each other on just how many 'possums we had run over each night.

Anyway, I turned up the street where this gal lived and danged if there wasn't a 'possum crossing the street! I ran up on it. Put the heavy, engine end of the car on top and let it sit there, but it was a small car and didn't weigh much.

After a time, I went on and picked up the gal and we were on our way back out the same way to go to a movie or something...

The 'possum was still alive! I say, "Oh look...someone has ran over a poor 'possum and left it in the road." I stop and get out, go look at Mr. 'Possum in the headlights, go to the trunk and get my tire iron. I tell the gal, "I can't do anything to help it, so I'm going to put it out of its misery."

Then I beat the 'possum to death and we continued on our date.

2009 Bradford Co. buck

Here's mine. Got him on friday 12/4/2009 @ 9:05am with a Winchester model 70 7mm mag at about 65 yrds.
    Hoyt CRX 32
    United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania
    Lone Pine Lodge

Oryx

33" bull, 318 yards, .375 Ruger, M77 African

I drew the once-in-a-lifetime hunt here in NM. It's a tough hunt, what makes it tough is not the oryx and their incredible eyesight, but all the pressure from 104 hunters on 225 sq miles, you can hardly go anywhere you don't see 3-4 other hunt parties.
    I passed on a large bodied bull, at 225 yds, earlier in the day becasue he broke off both horns. After all the first day is all about the horns. I almost pulled the trigger on him, he was one very big animal.
    In the evening though i got into an area where i could not see any other hunters, spotted 2 bulls grazing in the mesquite. Those 2 disappeared as I was trying to get closer, don't know where they went. But i spotted this one about 3/4 mile away and went after him. I knew he wasn't super big but i decided to go after him anyway. He was about 200 feet higher than i was so there was no using the terrain to hide, just move slow and easy. when i got about 4-500 yards he decided to leave his post and he started down the hillside. I kept on him till i got to 430 yards and got set up for a shot, but i didn't like the angle and he wasn't holding still. He moved on down into the mesquite, which then allowed me to run about 1/4 mile to close some distance. Shortly after my run, he appeared again at 318 yards and i had to take the shot standing with my shooting sticks.
    He dropped right there and was at least 1.25 miles. straight line, from where i started.

Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. H.L. Menken
    09 MARTIN WARTHOG 72# 31" wicked1strings

Quote Originally Posted by gbear View Post
    33" bull, 318 yards, .375 Ruger, M77 African

I drew the once-in-a-lifetime hunt here in NM. It's a tough hunt, what makes it tough is not the oryx and their incredible eyesight, but all the pressure from 104 hunters on 225 sq miles, you can hardly go anywhere you don't see 3-4 other hunt parties.
    I passed on a large bodied bull, at 225 yds, earlier in the day becasue he broke off both horns. After all the first day is all about the horns. I almost pulled the trigger on him, he was one very big animal.
    In the evening though i got into an area where i could not see any other hunters, spotted 2 bulls grazing in the mesquite. Those 2 disappeared as I was trying to get closer, don't know where they went. But i spotted this one about 3/4 mile away and went after him. I knew he wasn't super big but i decided to go after him anyway. He was about 200 feet higher than i was so there was no using the terrain to hide, just move slow and easy. when i got about 4-500 yards he decided to leave his post and he started down the hillside. I kept on him till i got to 430 yards and got set up for a shot, but i didn't like the angle and he wasn't holding still. He moved on down into the mesquite, which then allowed me to run about 1/4 mile to close some distance. Shortly after my run, he appeared again at 318 yards and i had to take the shot standing with my shooting sticks.
    He dropped right there and was at least 1.25 miles. straight line, from where i started.
    wow. congrats. I never knew there was such a hunt in NM
    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing...Moderation is for cowards." Shane Patton, Lone Survivor

Killed this 8-point in Mississippi with a .270 130 grain. Shot him at about 50 yards at 4:45 in the evening, biggest deer I've ever killed. He had about a 16 inch spread.

2010 Turkey

4/28/10 6:00 am.

After a 2 year dry spell trying to get one w/ a bow. Broke out the old bang stick and put one down.

Smile

Last year's 7pnt. taken with .243 Remington VLS.
    Did a day run to a WMA and took my climber, having recently attached a gun rest on the right side. I knew most guys would be on the ground and probably moving back to the trucks / vehicles before noon and back soon after. So I set up for a 'lunch bucket' hunt. I saw three deer durring the before noon hours, being slick and moving through & around. One hunter apparently had no clue I was up in a tree near by and finally spotted my orange hat up 17'. He waived off but returned 10 minutes later claiming he was turned around and asked for directions. I figgured the spot was blown but about an hour after that I spotted this 7pnt buck comming in behind me from right to left about 130 yards out. Would have heard but not seen him if I was on the ground. Had time to line up for the shot, nice `n steady like
    100 gr. Sierra left a blood trail the Gov. of NY could follow, but he only went about 35-40 yards.
    PSE Proshop LiteSpeed - Trophy Taker Pronghorn - Limbsaver S-Coil - Tru-Fire & Fletchhunter Wrist Release - Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Hunter Plus
    pathfinderfishandgame.com

So i don't have any pictures but....

It was opening weekend of Bow Season 2009. I was sitting in my stand in the corner of a corn field. I had not seen anything all night, except for a bunch of rabbits in and out of the corn. It was prime time so i happen to have had my bow in my hand. It was getting close to dark and i noticed a rabbit come flying out of the corn. Not long after i noticed a body that i could barely make out comming through the corn. I immediatly pulled back my bow, and low and behold it was a cyote. He was hot on the trail of the rabbit...i had the advantage because i was already ready. I let it fly and shot him right in the upper shoulder. I sat for about a good 20 minutes to make sure i didn't push him. When i got out of my stand it was just about dark. We had great blood and hair everywhere, however we never found him that night.

Went back and found the trail the next morning, but came to an open spot in the corn and lost the blood. Needless to say we never found him, but im sure he was dead. Sucks because it was a good shot - taken at about 35 yards.

so i just re-read and says..."non bow" my bad...still a good story

Well it would be too hard to decide which one or two to put here, and some of the better stories behind them are a bit long winded. So just feel free to browse the links below my signature and pick out any you want to hear about, and post the link at the bottom left and I will splain away. Or not.

There are some of deer, hogs, yotes, sharks and fishing as well.

Enjoy.
    Later,
    41mag

My Pic's
    More Pic's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast