Thread: Best cold weather socks?

Best cold weather socks?

Which ones are the best for really cold weather?
    Thanks
    Elmer

Smartwool!!! the only way to go

I got some Cabelas one that are real nice. They go almost to the knee and are nice and thick. So far have been nice and warm in my rubber boots, which has been a problem for me on all but the warmest days! Think they were like 12 bucks a pair. They also make Polar tech socks, which I would imagine would be pretty warm too.

One thing that I have noticed over the years is that if your boots are not warm, warm socks will only make them marginally better, so get good boots to begin with. Also get socks that wick moisture from ur feet as sweaty/wet feet are clamy and cold.

Hope this helps,

J-

cold weather socks

FILSON i have tried all from cabella,bass pro ,wigwam,etc.i snowmobile as well as hunt.the socks retail for 22.00 but well worth it.they are merino wool blend.they are heads above others.so is the price but cheaper because you wont have to buy anything else !!!

Cabela's Deluxe Cold-Weather Socks....stock # JG-81-1676.

Without a doubt, the best socks I've ever found for warmth and comfort. I use them with high rubber LaCrosse Alpha-Burly Sports and they are superb. From the boot to the washing machine to the dryer and back on my feet again. NO PROBLEMS. I love 'em. $13.99 a pair. You can't go wrong.

Check them out!

Good Hunting!

Seal skin if there is any chance of moisture being around.

The cabelas deluxe cold weather ones are the ones that I was talking about too, just couldnt remember what they were called, LOL

J-

socks

I agree with Jay-bow. The cabelas cold weather socks are the best I have used for extreme cold weather.

Smart Wool... if you haven't tried them... then you don't know what you're missing. I can wear my UNINSULATED Alpha Burlys all the way into the 40's w/o my feet getting cold.

Bass Pro Shops Red Head All Purpose Lifetime guarantee hunting socks are the best I have EVER used, period.

Money spent on high end socks is money well spent. I used to work on my feet for 12 hour shifts and cover several miles during that time. I found that the Thorlo and Smartwool socks made all the difference in how my feet felt at the end of the day. Chasing elk in North Idaho and sitting treestands for whitetials during the December late season also gave them an opportunity to prove themselves. Also, I'm a hard core steelhead fly fisherman. I wade throughout the winter and spring swinging flies in water down to 32 degrees. Another great proving ground for socks.

After several years of wearing top quality socks made by Thorlo, Smartwool, Patagonia, etc. I read about the BPS Red Head All Purpose Lifetime guarantee hunting socks on one of the hunting forums. Ok, sounded like a good sock, but I wasn't in the market for another top quality sock being satisfied with what I found already worked. However, while back in Charlotte, NC a couple years ago visiting family, we stopped by the Bass Pro store just for something to do. There in a large bin were the socks I had read about. So, I picked up a pair to try (I think they were about $9). Didn't think much about them until I got home and wore them to work. They were more comfortable, kept my feet drier and stayed up better than any of the other socks I owned.

Now I own about 5 pair and wear them to work and in the field hunting or fishing. I only have one pair of one of the other brands left and when they wear out I'll replace them with another pair of the Red Heads. Work for me.

Chris

The ones with batteries.

The ones with batteries.
    Till the batteries die.. or the socks short out...

i dont know much about what socks are out there, but get WOOL. wool still insulates very well even if its wet. I learned this in boyscouts (used to have wool socks too...never did get them wet)

Smart Wool... if you haven't tried them... then you don't know what you're missing. I can wear my UNINSULATED Alpha Burlys all the way into the 40's w/o my feet getting cold

That's "COOL", but Friday morning I wore the Cabela's Deluxe Cold Weather's with my uninsulated Alpha Burlys. It was 26 degrees when I woke up at 4:30AM. Now that's "COLD", at least by my standards for New York state in October. I sat on stand till high noon without a single shiver. And saw three small bucks.

These socks are all I need. Check 'em out!

Good Hunting!