Thread: Ticked Off

Ticked Off

I tried for several months to get the Admin here to start a Field Archery forum, based on the fact that every time a discussion about Field gets going on the General forum it goes on for pages and pages. I never even got a response from Admin.

Now they've started a forum just for compound finger shooters. For crap sake, that has to be an even smaller minority than field archers.

Nothing against you guys shooting your compounds with fingers. Heck, come and shoot field with me. The NFAA has a couple classes for you, depending on your sights and you can always shoot Barebow with me and my recurve.

Dave

I shot field archery for several years and really enjoyed it. I quit because there were no clubs or shoots. The last times I shot the sectionals there were only a hand full of competetitors. I started shooting Valdosta with Wayne Pearson and they had plenty of shooters. I turned to 3D because it was the only game in my area. I have always said I just did not understand why people will not shoot Field Archery. It was a great game, but the majority of the people do not want to shoot that much. If it comes back I will shoot . A shooter is a shooter. It just depends on which game. You should not be ticked ; just work to help your cause. Heck I will join your cause!
    [B]Old Folks Class Converted Finger to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T
    I tried for several months to get the Admin here to start a Field Archery forum, based on the fact that every time a discussion about Field gets going on the General forum it goes on for pages and pages. I never even got a response from Admin.

Now they've started a forum just for compound finger shooters. For crap sake, that has to be an even smaller minority than field archers.

Nothing against you guys shooting your compounds with fingers. Heck, come and shoot field with me. The NFAA has a couple classes for you, depending on your sights and you can always shoot Barebow with me and my recurve.

Dave
    I never heard anything about it.
    Always Strive to do What is Right
    PM me if you'd like to own your own archery store in Huntsville, AL
    BEST Zenit Riser
    W&W Limbs
    REDHDCHARM string loop material

I'd think Field shooting would fall under the FITA forum but I know it's primarily recurve shooters. Dave, I though you were into recurves? It strikes me funny that not only are we finger shooters but we're sort of subdivided into recurve/longbow fingers and compound fingers and even further into hunting and target shooting groups. Actually, one of the many things I like about archery is that there is so much room for individuality. I'm going to shoot one of my compounds AND recurves today, just to maintain my diversity, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by AKRuss
    I'd think Field shooting would fall under the FITA...
    Field archery in the United States has always been under the perview of the National Field Archery Association so it doesn't come close to FITA. FITA has their own version of field archery, which I also participate in, but it has even less participation in the US than NFAA Field Archery. There are only 3 FITA field events I know of around the continental US.

I never heard anything about it
    Recordkeeper,

I posed the suggestion on the New User's Forum, then sent repeated e-mails to the Forum HQ (or what ever it's called?) and never even got a response.

Lfutral,

I didn't mean I was ticked at you guys, heck I'm one of you (with a recurve). It was the idea that no one even acknowledged the suggestion about a field archery forum that got a burr under my saddle blanket. (smiley face goes here)

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; November 19th, 2006 at 07:22 PM.

Dave,
    You are more than welcome to talk field archery in here. I shoot field archery every year for the past 16 years and look forward to shooting it next year.
    Barebow is out of sight
    F4L
    NFAA/NAA Level II Intermediate And NASP Coach

This place should be open to anyone who shoots fingers. I am a target archer but I shoot compound off finger in the GNAS limited compound class (in the UK)so there has been very little for me on the FITA board. advice on how to avoid finger pinch with a short recurve is just as relevant as with a compound.
    For this section to do well we need the finger shooters. Field and any one else who can help others or get help.
    Last edited by jerrytee; November 20th, 2006 at 07:01 AM.

Come to the UK there are more finger shooters than release shooters
    A man's got to know his limitations!

Come now DaveT..i'm a finger shooting Field archer..I think this is a great spot to hang out

btw..happy thanks giving to all my American friends.

Cheers
    Cheers
    Randall Wellings..NFAA Master Coach..RHC USArchery
    archerywizard@straighlinearche ry.com
    PSE..Barnsdale Archery..Easton
    OnTarget 2 software...Specialty Archery LLc..Feather Vision

???????

Now they've started a forum just for compound finger shooters

Sorry Dave but I don't remember seeing anything that said this fourm was for compound finger shooters ? Just finger shooters don't exclude yourself because you shoot a recurve. Besides this is a HAPPY place so either get happy or get the hell out of here ! Just kidding grouphug !

Was anyone paying attention when I said, "Nothing against you guys shooting your compounds with fingers. Heck, come and shoot field with me. The NFAA has a couple classes for you, depending on your sights and you can always shoot Barebow with me and my recurve."

I'm not mad at anyone. The "ticked off" comment was at the idea that a smaller minority could get it's on forum and field shooting can't.

As for compound fingers only, read through all the threads. There is a definite bias (loading) toward compounds. Almost nothing for or about recurves. That just archery these days. Nothing new there and no hard feelings, at least on my part.

Dave

13 year member

Dave T,

I am a 13 year member of the NFAA. I have shot 3 Nationals and Vegas 3 times. I have shot 6 sectional tournaments. My shooting partner is the state director.

We are finger shooters and we are a small group. We needed some support to see if there are more of us out there.

Arrow
    "Anyone can be a parent, but it takes someone special to be a Mommy or Daddy." My Kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow
    We are finger shooters and we are a small group. We needed some support to see if there are more of us out there.
    Arrow, I have no problem with that. More power to you. I just felt the same way about field archers but aparently the admin here on AT didn't agree.

Dave