Archery Talk Forum banner

Getting started

367 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  MountieHunter 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've been shooting 3D for a few years now for fun just at random clubs and state park courses but now Im ready to start shooting more and traveling to better courses. I want to start by getting my IBO membership but reading through everything is scrambling my head. Not to many people I know even shoot 3D so I have no one to help explain. Im from WV and it seems like each state has their own triple crown shoots and a state championship along with the national level shoots. The IBO posts the schedule for the national shoots but I cant find schedules for the state shoots? How do you guys know when your state shoots are? Thanks, any other advice for a starter would be great too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Yes I checked that and found that it didnt even show the 3rd leg that took place in lumberport this past weekend. So how well does it actually show shoots?

#4 ·
And I would go ASA also but cause im in college and can only afford one bow I dont feel like limiting my hunting bow to make speed for ASA.

#7 ·
I think you'll find that a true hunting bow isn't going to be very competitive. But a second set of arrows will drop the speed if needed.
ASA is a better format if available in your area.

#6 ·
Yeah look at 3dshoots.com, had a few local shoots but none of the ibo shoots. Anyone know about a state ibo page?

#8 ·
I know im limited with my hunting bow right now, i realize that but being in college right now I cant really help it. And i dont feel like constantly resighting between 3D and hunting season with two different arrows. Hopefully when I graduate I can get a good 3D only bow but for the next two years or so its gonna be my hunting bow

#9 ·
So I plan on shooting HC or MBR for now with my hunting bow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.