Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Largest indoor archery range

Talking Michigan Largest indoor archery range

Well I have to say I am VERY excited to have some great news for all archers in the Michigan area. Full Quiver has been rebuilt and its HUGE! Not only is it huge it going to look like a world class archery facility. The indoor range is going shooting area is 90 feet wide and 200 feet deep. My understanding is going to extremely well lighted and heated. The observation area is going to have the look of a log cabin with field stone and a fire place. It also going to have a separate children's play area with TV. Plenty of setting and amenity's that is going to make this one fantastic experience for all who enjoy this sport of archery. The main parking area is also well lighted and should easily host more than 200 cars. So many die hard shooters are going to be make this home away from home. By the way I am lucky enough its only 15 minutes from my home.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg f1.jpg (107.8 KB, 4447 views)

looks like you could turn that into a heck of a range.

Talking

The address is
    9309 Webb Road
    Wales, MI. 48027
    They have not hooked the phone line back up yet but this was the old number 1-810-325-1307

Here are some more pics!
    • File Type: jpg f3.jpg (111.5 KB, 2701 views)

Talking

Absolute JOY!
    • File Type: jpg f4.jpg (103.4 KB, 2686 views)

Is the whoe floor of the range area going to be concrete or is going to be a combo of concrete and gravel? Just curious.

wow that is beautiful.

from a financial perspective is this venture likely to pay for the construction loan and general overhead (taxes, insurance, maintenance, repairs, utilities)? I have no idea what the business plan is but wonder if dues and shooting fees will cover everything and perhaps provide a positive cash flow.

please understand that I don't want to "rain on the parade" and most definitely wish you much success. Just wondering. Will the facility be leased out for other functions such as meetings, concerts, paintball events, swap meets, flea markets, craft shows etc?

Are there similar working models that have been successful?

I wish you well and much success. Beautiful facility. I'd love to shoot there.

ox

Looks like a great place, what do you expect the heating bills to be?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12
    Is the whoe floor of the range area going to be concrete or is going to be a combo of concrete and gravel? Just curious.
    All concrete finished off with a nice 2 part epoxy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Oxford
    wow that is beautiful.

from a financial perspective is this venture likely to pay for the construction loan and general overhead (taxes, insurance, maintenance, repairs, utilities)? I have no idea what the business plan is but wonder if dues and shooting fees will cover everything and perhaps provide a positive cash flow.

please understand that I don't want to "rain on the parade" and most definitely wish you much success. Just wondering. Will the facility be leased out for other functions such as meetings, concerts, paintball events, swap meets, flea markets, craft shows etc?

Are there similar working models that have been successful?

I wish you well and much success. Beautiful facility. I'd love to shoot there.

ox
    Well the great people behind this project are really committed to archery and promoting youth participation. They are also financially secure. I am relatively sure the prices are going to modest.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetail99
    Well the great people behind this project are really committed to archery and promoting youth participation. They are also financially secure. I am relatively sure the prices are going to modest.
    Cool
    As long as they are spending money, they might want to add this
    http://www.archeryinteractive.com/technohunt.html

looks like it is definately shaping up to be a fantastic range......hopefully some day i will be able to shoot there....

they sure seem to be moving toward huge ranges in MICHICKEN.....i was at the shop Terry Reynolds owns and you were able to shoot 70 yards indoors....it too was huge....

get us some photo's when this place is complete.....would love to see the finished project.....
    Love'n-archery>----> BULLSEYE
    WWDD-What Would Darrin Do
    Hans Aint so SOLO - May the Force Be Strong
    You Might Have A Bow Problem If U Bust More Limbs On a Way To The Shoot Then Bugs On Your Windshield
    Stand down....or be SAT down

Man that is AWESOME !!!! I would love to have the money to build something like that here in Pennsylvania. It would be great to have it right near the Mason Dixon Line. (Pa Md. Line) It would make a killing in this state. Good Luck and What a Great idea. It is going to be beautiful. Keep posting pictures of the progress for us.

Or sit there!

Quote Originally Posted by OneBowTie
    looks like it is definately shaping up to be a fantastic range......hopefully some day i will be able to shoot there....

they sure seem to be moving toward huge ranges in MICHICKEN.....i was at the shop Terry Reynolds owns and you were able to shoot 70 yards indoors....it too was huge....

get us some photo's when this place is complete.....would love to see the finished project.....

Quote Originally Posted by RF2316
    Or sit there!

right....right....WRONG
    Love'n-archery>----> BULLSEYE
    WWDD-What Would Darrin Do
    Hans Aint so SOLO - May the Force Be Strong
    You Might Have A Bow Problem If U Bust More Limbs On a Way To The Shoot Then Bugs On Your Windshield
    Stand down....or be SAT down

Are you serious????? This range will be the only one Between Lapeer and Canada....North and South only God knows.....

archery range

how far from the Lansing area is that? Just curious- may have to go check that out some time when its done. Looks very nice so far.

I believe you'll go through Emmet, Mi. if you're on M-19 between I-94 and M-53. Northwest of Port Huron.

A proposed grand opening date????????

That's fantastic news!! Any idea when it will reopen (a fire destroyed the original indoor facility last summer)? I'm about 25 minutes away!!

how far from the Lansing area is that?
    1 1/2 to 2 hours, I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBowTie

Now don't get any ideas, OBT. The Barn is fine at 18 yards.

TANC

Iowa City, IA. La Grange, IL. Traverse City, MI
    I'm not really familiar with emmet, Google maps is putting it up by Petosky, but that's not 1.5 hours from lansing at all.

So i'm guessing it is by port huron... so I won't be making it down there ever... oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by 88 PS190
    I'm not really familiar with emmet, Google maps is putting it up by Petosky, but that's not 1.5 hours from lansing at all.

So i'm guessing it is by port huron... so I won't be making it down there ever... oh well.
    Yep, about 15-20 miles west of Port Huron.

Awesome!

I am definitely jealous! The closest place to Canton for me to shoot at is 23 miles away! Isn't the G5 factory near there also? I'll definately be stopping by there when that place opens!
    Sent ya a PM too...

Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrw
    I am definitely jealous! The closest place to Canton for me to shoot at is 23 miles away! Isn't the G5 factory near there also? I'll definately be stopping by there when that place opens!
    Sent ya a PM too...
    I don't know the factory address (they have a PO Box in Memphis, Michigan) but G5 is definitely in the same general area.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast