Archery Talk Forum banner

Torqueing bow??????????

409 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jab73 
#1 ·
No matter how i hold bow i am holding bow so it faces to the right. This is the second 2016 bow that i can not shoot. This is a 2016 Obsession Defcon 6m,my first Obsession bow. This is a used bow so string and cables should be broken in. I am shooting high wrist i guess as i hold bow withe just thumb and first finger with all the pressure on the web between the thumb and finger. Bow fits loose not tight. Might be time for a cross bow as i am tired of this same problem on 2 Different bows. i have move the fat cam spacers that were on the right to the left side and that got rid of the right tear. this worked for a few shots but now i get tear left. Moved top fat spacer to the right side worked for a few shots the went to crap again so now both fat ones are on the left side, i am a right handed shooter. Love the bow but its not worth all the trouble and if the New bows are this picky to shoot i will shoot an old one or a crossbow. 40 years and now i can't shoot a bow?????? I guess its time to sell this one and look for a older bow that i shot good before. Shoot straight everyone, and good luck.

#2 ·
Have you adjusted your centershot? That has a range that is an acceptable variance? That will often fix side to side tears. But sounds to me to be a form issue. Is the bow fit properly in draw length? Are you pulling too much poundage? Is your anchor consistent? With your high wristed grip are you being consistent with that or are you forcing your hand open (fork fingers) and placing tension on the back side of your hand. Let's get some pictures of form and also let's get the bow in spec and see what is going on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I learned how to shoot with a high wrist
So I know exactly what you are talking about.
But the newer bows are designed to be shot with a low wrist.
Pressure on your palm.
Base of your hand.
To the right of your life line.

There are several examples of this in the threads on archery talk.
FYI it will give you a shorter draw length.
It's a more relaxed grip than the high wrist grip.
Also use a sure shot grip thing on your hand when learning it does help.
Good luck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.