Archery Talk Forum banner

Defcon Rollers

1K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  rldcpa 
#1 ·
In a matter of 4 weeks I shot the cables off my Defcon...IDC what generation roller guard this is the only fix other than cable slide...

.007 Halo and a dremel to make room for the increased cable diameter...done!
Grass Auto part Vehicle Plant Tripod

See less See more
#3 ·
the gap between the roller and housing was very tight so i took a little of the housing itself and re assembled

#5 ·
I think they make this a little tight...should a guy want to so with a different string material that has a bigger diameter it will rub on the housing
Auto part Brake Metal Vehicle brake Steel

Machine tool Wheel Machine Water Glass

Plenty of room now

#11 ·
I just picked up my M7 this past wknd and have probably +200 shots through it now. I've been paying attention to this area and am not seeing any signs of wear yet. How long did it take to show up for you? You mention 4wks, but how many shots?

#15 ·
I shoot alot hard to say...I will say that it took a little to start but once it did went fast...I only had little wear on the big roller the little roller was terrible lost 2 strands

#12 ·
I was planning to get The Defcom M7 months ago, but must wait for this issue to be resolved as I shoot daily and I do not want to buy strings every few months. Maybe the 2017 will have a better solution Like Mathews or Prime. Otherwise I think I might get a Rival or Halon X which is also a longer ATA of 35"

#20 ·
Well I had mine torn apart and I have the roller bearings and as far as I know they spin all the time. Im starting to believe the cables may jump in there a little causing the wear. the tolerence on mine between the roller and guard was very tight.If you look at any other mfr they have plenty of room to no guard...just a thought?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.