Archery Talk Forum banner

Silvis Boots?

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ELKhuntR 
#1 ·
Anyone on here use Silvis Boots? A local store here in KY sells them and they say they've never had a complaint with them and they sell out every year. I was wanting a good lace up boot that was fairly warm and waterproof and the Silvis boots are pretty cheap on the prices I've seen....Anyone used them any on here???

#2 ·
Worth buying??

I think so. I did buy a pair from BPS about a year ago...got them home and after walking around felt they were too big so I took them back. I was going to get a smaller size but they didn't have my size. They did feel very comfortable and appeared to have been made very well. I know they use a Vibram sole on all their boots. I did some research and found that most people don't know much about them b/c they are relatively new to the US market. However, they have been making them in Europe (Italy) for years. I know Chuck Adams uses them exclusively. I will definately consider buying them when I go make another boot purchase. Cabela's has them on sale right now for $60. I think at that price, it is a great bargain. Also, check out the Meindl's. I bought the Ibex line and love them. They are a bit pricey but well worth it in terms of comfort. Either way, I think you would be happy if you decided to go with Silvis.

#3 ·
Cool thanks for the headsup on them...I knew Chuck Adams wore them plus I've seen pictures of Cameron Hanes wearing them...That's what got me interested in them...If Cameron Hanes wears them on the hunts he does they have to be good boots, cause he's the backcountry man as far as I'm concerned.
Anyone else own any Silvis boots????

#7 ·
Dude, I just stated that I saw a few pics of Cameron Hanes wearing them..I'm pretty sure if he wanted to lace up a different pair of boots he could, the only reason I said that is because I know how he is the "backcountry" man and I know he only uses high quailty stuff....I wasnt trying to come off like a Fan-Boy just stating the obvious.
But at the same time if someone that has the kinda experience that Cameron does endorses something I do take that into consideration when buying a product....Oh, Cameron Hanes & the rest of the EASTMAN'S Hunting Staff are sponsered by Schnee's Boots...So the pics I seen of him wearing Silvis might have been older ones.

#6 ·
I been wearing them since 2003 pre Chuck Adams. Warren Strickland was the face before Chuck was anyways. But I love them and won't wear another boot. Vibram soles are pretty much the main in Europe like Gortex here is in the states. I have 4 pairs and even casual. Great quality product, can't go wrong with your purchase.

#11 ·
I wear a few boots each year and have one of the Silvis Adams endorsed boot and my only complaint is they are fairly large however I think i might have got a wider size. Seeme wider than most. Great boot overall, insulated so I use them when bulking up socks.

I just got a pair of Red Head boots with Scent Lok and I swear they're built by Danner. Has the same heel construction which I think Danner has one of the best. The Danner pronghorn design really keeps your heel locked in place and limits the amount of movability your foot has in the boot. which helps minimize blisters.

My pronghorns are my fav for hiking and Lacross Alpha Burly's for whitetail but the new Red Heads are pretty comfortable.

Broke them in yesterday for the first time at one of the local 3-D tournaments. 45 targets through canyons and brush and they did great.

Also, unless you see these guys actually in the field with the product, don't assume that's what they're using. photo shoots are photo shoots and sponsors come in all shapes and sizes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.