a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Hoyt Riser Limb Gap!?

Hoyt Riser Limb Gap!?

Hoyt gurus I am in need of your help! Please take a look at the four pictures that are linked to this post. My friend recently pointed out my bow has a huge gap where the bottom limb meets the rise. I believe something is terribly wrong because the Cam alignment markings are off for the bottom cams and the bow is pretty loud when it fires (think gunshot).

What I believe is the problem is that the black plastic limb cup (best way I can describe it) for the bottom cams are too shallow thus allowing the huge gap. When the old owner changed limbs, I think he replaced all those plastic things but did not consider the correct sizing (just my theory).

Is this a normal Hoyt thing?
    What can I do to fix it?
    Should I stop firing it until I get it right?

The first two are the bottom limbs which have a gap. The last two are top limbs for comparison of a snug fit. Please take a look.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7...limbgapej8.jpg
    http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9...imbsidecn7.jpg
    http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4...mbnogapdb6.jpg
    http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5...imbsidema0.jpg

Thank You
    Mike

I just looked at mine. I have the gap like is shown in the first two pictures of yours. My bow is a 2003 Ultratec. I'm thinking the previous owner may have put in the wrong rockers (plastic things under the limbs) on one side. How is the tiller on the bow? Something is not right. Also looks like one pocket is bottomed out while the other is backed off a few turns.

Thats the word I was looking for... rockers! The tiller is set perfectly. Even if it was bottomed out, the picture would look the same. By the way, if you also happen to have the "gap", does your bow make a pretty loud noise when fired, and do your cam sync markings look uneven?

Thanks for chiming in!
    Mike

Exclamation The limb pockets are not the same...

If you look at the side views you've provided...the first one is a "dash-dot-dot" and the 2nd one is a "dash-dash" model...they are NOT the same in appearance, nor function in the pre-loading of the limbs!
    "What I get paid for are the practices...I would play the games for nothing." Tim Horton - NHL Defenseman

Deano

Sent you a PM.

Mark

So it seems there are 2 different limb pockets on the same bow... Anyone with an 04 Pro Elite with the same issue? Any way to remedy this problem (assuming I do not have access to the original equipment that came with this bow)? I was thinking of using sports tape to modify the rocker's height... What do you think?

Thanks,
    Mike

Did you buy this bow new, or used? The limb pockets are obviously not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by kninetik View Post
    So it seems there are 2 different limb pockets on the same bow... Anyone with an 04 Pro Elite with the same issue? Any way to remedy this problem (assuming I do not have access to the original equipment that came with this bow)? I was thinking of using sports tape to modify the rocker's height... What do you think?

Thanks,
    Mike

go to a hoyt dealer, the rockers are not expensive.

I bought this used. Is the rocker height adjustment a good permanent solution?

EDIT: I just found out with the help of fellow AT member fn257 (thank you) that the correct cup is 28P, and the misaligned cup is 26P. Looks like I have to find someway to remedy this...
    Last edited by kninetik; January 19th, 2007 at 07:53 PM.