a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Borwning Bantam compound bow?

Borwning Bantam compound bow?

Hello,

I am shopping for a compound rig for my 14 year old son. He currently uses an older Browning recurve bow. We recently went to the local Sportsmans Warehouse and he was just knocked out by the modern compound bow technology out there. So was I. Of course the price of the rig he was handling was in the $500-600 dollar area.

I ran across this Browning Bantam bow at a local sale for $165.00 including some accesories. I am assuming this is an older bow even though to my eye it looks close to new. I get the feeling the price is a might high? Plus this might not even be appropriate for moving my son into the compound bow arena.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions anyone would care to make about what I really should be looking for or the rig posted. He will need about a 26" draw lenght?

As you can see I've got a lot to learn.

Thanks,

Dan

I wouldnt touch that bow tooooooooooooooooooooo old go something like the Browning Rage or Adreline
    Have a look at second hand bows here at AT much better bows around than the 1 you found

Thumbs down I have one, but...

I have the Browning Bantam. I doubt it will work for your son. By looking at the pictures, it appears that the cams are ones that I could actually use. Look to be 29-30" draw. They don't really adjust lower, other than putting on a too short string. The bow has a very fat handle, makes the infamous Mathews grips look absolutely slender. There are centershot issues making rest selection difficult. There is no draw weight adjustment either. I am taking mine on as a project. For a youth bow, you should be looking for something that has draw length and weight adjustment to allow for growth and increased strength. Having 2 16 yr olds, and a 12 year old, we have been through this. Cost effective bows would include Browning Micro Midas 2,3, or 4, Alpine Micro, PSE (various models). Go up in price a little, and go for the Diamond Edge or Parker Challenger. Lots of much better choices around than the bow you are considering, and I should mention that I got mine for $75. Not the bow for your son, I'm sorry to say. Good luck finding the right one.
    <')))><

Hi that bow should be bought to be put into a musem its that old