Thread: Pennsylvania and Food Plots??

Question Pennsylvania and Food Plots??

In the digest it says that you can hunt aroumd or in an area with natural bait, food, corn, hay, grain so what does that mean for food plots. The residue of them will still be there. Do you plant them anyway or is there an exception. My neighbor planted one on public property and hunted the trails to it not over it. IS this legal. I would like to plant a few in a field on public property we hunt but i want to know if this will cause trouble with the state park that owns it or the GC. Thanks At.

yes it is legal to hunt over food plots. piling 100 lbs. of corn and sitting over it is a defferent story!!

you will love the food plots!!

Food plots are 100% legal to hunt over or near, also In some parts of the state (South East ) bait is now also legal ( five pounds a day).

Quote Originally Posted by bowdude300 View Post
    In the digest it says that you can hunt aroumd or in an area with natural bait, food, corn, hay, grain so what does that mean for food plots. The residue of them will still be there. Do you plant them anyway or is there an exception. My neighbor planted one on public property and hunted the trails to it not over it. IS this legal. I would like to plant a few in a field on public property we hunt but i want to know if this will cause trouble with the state park that owns it or the GC. Thanks At.
    Is it legal to cultivate public land for personal use or hunting? Here you can not. I would ck with those governing public land use for legality.
    I have discovered there are two sides to every argument. First and foremost, is my side, then there is the side thatno reasonably intelligent,informed,sane, and self respecting person could possibly hold..Bob

I am 99.9% certain that cultivating State Game Lands in PA is illegal, and I would guess that applies to state parks as well. Local public lands with multi-use may have specific regulations that may allow it, but your friend should look into this before planting food plots on anything but private land. It would stink to find out the hard way.

You can hunt over food plots, though. The PCG actually plants them on some Game Lands.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Dave View Post
    I am 99.9% certain that cultivating State Game Lands in PA is illegal, and I would guess that applies to state parks as well. Local public lands with multi-use may have specific regulations that may allow it, but your friend should look into this before planting food plots on anything but private land. It would stink to find out the hard way.

You can hunt over food plots, though. The PCG actually plants them on some Game Lands.
    Right on!
    Keep smiling… It makes people wonder what you’ve been up to.

Does corn count as a food plot even though it says you can't hunt over corn or soybeans.

ttt

I searched through the regulations on the PGC site and it looks like it all depends on the definition of "Bait"...you can hunt agricultural land, including cornfields without a problem. Would a small, growing patch of corn in a wooded area planted simply for hunting purposes be considered bait? I couldn't find anything to address that question. I'd suggest emailing the PGC and asking.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/b...9&bc=0&c=69912