Archery Talk Forum banner

Serving and D-Loops

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Jari 
#1 ·
Ok, I've finally decided to go to a D-loop (I know....I'm a slow learner), and I have a question.

Do you tie a small ball of serving between the arrow nock and the loop knot? If so, do you do it above or below the arrow nock?

And, is it smart to use the string nock (I think that's what it's called -- the thing you crimp on the string) above the arrow nock and a ball of serving below?

OR

Do you just say fooey and not use anything. Just cinch the loop knot super tight w/ needle nose pliers so it won't squeeze the arrow nock when you draw?

I've seen all of these methods used, but would I really like your opinion on which you think is best.

Thx one and all ! :D

#2 ·
Tied in nock points

I use tied in nock points over and under the nock inside the D Loop to prevent the loop from pinching the nock.
I have about 1 to 2 mm more space than the nock itself.
There are some people saying that you should use only an tied in nock point below the nock inside the loop to be more straight in line with the arrow, but I do not really see the advantage with this. I have tied in nock points inside the loop and even small tied outside to make sure slipping is not happening. Works very well.
Do avoid the Brass nock locators, they will eat your serving and nocks in no time....

#4 · (Edited)
Thank you both very much! I really didn't know if what I typed made any sense....even to me :)

Man Jari, those pics sure do make a BIG difference! (I printed your D-loop tutorial and will use it today to help me) Guess a picture really IS worth a thousand words! I need to break out my digicam and refresh my memory on how to use it.

Thx again!

#6 ·
Here's a shot of my bow, tied below the nock so that when you pull the release, which will rise up, it will be directly behind the arrow at full draw. Actually DC tied this one...........ck

Attachments

#7 ·
How's this one?

I slide the knots together and nock above the loop. This way I don't lose any of the power stroke (27" draw:( ) and I can still shoot my backtension release!

But if I was a normal size guy, I'd do what my Swedish Teammate (Jari) does!

He even uses pretty colors and everything:D

Before I met these swedish guys here, I thought that the swedes were just good at cooking pastries LOL:D

Those guys know their stuff:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.