a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Darton

Talking

I will be shooting my Pro3000 at the IBO 1St leg in Bedford this Friday.

I used to be a PSE shooter than tried the Darton line. My first one (which I still have) is the 70# Maverick Recurve Express. Really love this bow and can't see me ever getting rid of it. My wife shoots a Maverick XT and she too really loves her bow. 2 days ago, I bought a new Pro3000. I've only been able to shoot maybe a dozen arrows out of it so far but am already really liking it.
    Archers Against Cancer - Shooting for a Cure!
    Event Founder and Organizer!
    Help Us make A Difference!
    Supporting the "Gene Goodreau Patient Assistance Fund"

is it safe to say that there are alot of shooters out there that are missing out on a great bow. I love my darton avalanche, for the little money i spent to buy it, i couldn't go wrong. Very overlooked bow right now.

mine is a 2005 model with the latest of the hd green camo. looks fricking awesome. my boss has the magnum extreme with the older brownish camo, he saw mine and said it looked awesome!
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

Quote Originally Posted by RT1 View Post
    is it safe to say that there are alot of shooters out there that are missing out on a great bow. I love my darton avalanche, for the little money i spent to buy it, i couldn't go wrong. Very overlooked bow right now.

mine is a 2005 model with the latest of the hd green camo. looks fricking awesome. my boss has the magnum extreme with the older brownish camo, he saw mine and said it looked awesome!

No new responses from anyone?

interesting
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

I have shot Darton bows for many years. First one was the Yukon. Started shooting different bows in 2006. Now im back to DARTON. AS 300

WooHoo!! 2nd Tempest 4th Darton on the wall right now!

Been shooting Dartons since 2000.

Just bought my 2nd 06 Tempest from Stenger Archery. This one is camo and will be my #1 hunting bow. I am very excited to get it and begin to outfit it for hunting.

I love my competition Tempest a bunch. Beautiful, fast, quiet. Made me a better shooter overnight.

So I'll sell one of my 2 Cyclones, I think the newer one, a Cyclone LD.

My older Cyclone RC is pretty ratty looking. It was a bright finish competition bow and now has a hand painted flat finish. But it still shoots very well and will be my back up hunting bow.

My Dartons are all solid shooters, quiet enough that people on the shooting line comment on the quiet and the speed together. . My Dartons are also very reliable and stable requiring little maintenance to keep their accuracy. I use good quality strings but not the expensive "Winners Choice" class stuff. Even so I only need to mess with synch and timing every couple of years, and never a limb problem.

I wish I had a dealer in Chicagoland but honestly, I buy used and keep bows a long time, so I guess I wouldn't be much of a customer.
    Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits...the God of our salvation. Psalms 68:19 KJV Hunt 06 Darton Tempest. Beman Field 340s w' NAP QuickSpins & KillZone, F-85 TFO sight Comp 06 Darton Tempest; Victory X-Ringer, ACC 300s. TrophyTaker rest, Tox' sight. Backup 96 Darton Wrangler w' Rev' Archery cams Muzzy rest, TruGlo TFO Hunting bows Anchor Sight optical "No Peep" T.R.U.Ball Sabretooth 4 finger release.

Darton Rules

Started out with the viper, the when the maverick was introduced in 96 i snatched one up. I am now currently shooting a 2002 model Maverick and love it. I have owned the Rebel, Rampage, Titan XT, Magnum 33, and the Maverick. It says alot about a company when your flagship bow is the same for 10 years. Best grip on the market, plenty fast, tuning marks still on the money, still shooting same factory strings and cables since i bought the 02. Set at 68lbs, 30" draw w/dloop, xx78 2213 super slams, with muzzy 4 blade 90gr broadhead through the chrono at 309 fps. I have fondled many bows the last few years but she always keeps me coming back for more. Todays new bows are just to short for my likeing and not nearly as forgiving as the 37 1/4 ata as my sweet ugly, outdated, past her prime,old and decreped bow. But to me she is a beauty.

us darton dealers

Any US darton dealers viewing, please let me know who you are,I have a question or two

thanks

Shot the new line up yesterday. i think they shoot just as well as the hoyt and mathews line. Very impressed!

If people aren't giving these a look than their crazy.

just sold my 08 pro3000 im not sure i will ever own another...
    Evo.
    LD Pro-V, LD-Pro.
    MBG Vengence.
    Stokerized.
    R.I. BHFS State Champion.

Shot the new line up yesterday.
    you suck

any hints, draw stop for the pro series maybe.
    sponsered by:My wife my bank and me,myself,and I

Quote Originally Posted by WHITETAIL1000 View Post
    just sold my 08 pro3000 im not sure i will ever own another...

how come, they are close to the same speed as all the "fast" bows. Well accually they hit the advertised IBO not like some others with out having to be "super tuned"

Reed
    sponsered by:My wife my bank and me,myself,and I

now that was uncalled for!!!!!!!!!!!
    Evo.
    LD Pro-V, LD-Pro.
    MBG Vengence.
    Stokerized.

i used Darton for many years brobably longer than anyone here! it was my choice to change brands, i wanted a bow that did"nt waight so much the pro3000 is 41/2 pound bare.
    Evo.
    LD Pro-V, LD-Pro.
    MBG Vengence.
    Stokerized.

i used Darton for many years brobably longer than anyone here! it was my choice to change brands, i wanted a bow that did"nt waight so much the pro3000 is 41/2 pound bare.
    that's the only one negative i can say about the new line. I like what mathews did with the lighter weight drenalin. i think when they get over 4lbs. that's too heavy. Nontheless they shot awesome, much credit to darton. I wish they would get recognozed more.

i had both 07pro3000and 08pro3000 07 was 60-70, 08 50-60, the 08 shot much better i dont know y, and the 08 was a little lighter for some reason. Darton bows have treated me well in the past shot some real smoker bucks i decided to try something new this year. Thanks Darton Bows for many years of fun and sucess.
    Evo.
    LD Pro-V, LD-Pro.
    MBG Vengence.
    Stokerized.

Thumbs up Here's my list.

Darton Excel
    Darton 45 MX
    Darton model 45
    Darton Viper
    Darton/Proline Mountain 2000
    Darton Maverick
    Darton Viper #2
    Darton Tundra Extreme
    Darton Rampage
    Darton Avanlache
    Darton Tundra #2

Great shooters, no question.
    DTM 355 SS walnut stock, Leupold VX 1 1-4 heavy duplex
    DTM 330 Swamp Donky Long Magnum, Redfield Revenge
    BEEs, Laser 2 Pros, Slick Tricks, Ramcats.

i had both 07pro3000and 08pro3000 07 was 60-70, 08 50-60, the 08 shot much better i dont know y, and the 08 was a little lighter for some reason. Darton bows have treated me well in the past shot some real smoker bucks i decided to try something new this year. Thanks Darton Bows for many years of fun and sucess.
    don't you think you might come back?

I have a long list of darton bows that i have owned, and i do still have a 07 pro3000 that i can use anytime i want, and yes i might pick up another Darton someday.
    Evo.
    LD Pro-V, LD-Pro.
    MBG Vengence.
    Stokerized.

I've been shooting Darton since 1990, ooops 18 years..!! And I have no intention in buying/shooting another brand.

I've heard of other "big brands" having alot of trouble with limbs and other stuff but I've never experienced any of that with a Darton bow!

Right now I have a PRO3000 and that one is going to be around for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by ASAT_Pro View Post
    I've been shooting Darton since 1990, ooops 18 years..!! And I have no intention in buying/shooting another brand.

I've heard of other "big brands" having alot of trouble with limbs and other stuff but I've never experienced any of that with a Darton bow!

Right now I have a PRO3000 and that one is going to be around for a long time!
    what is your setup and speed?

what is your setup and speed?
    Well, right now no speed at all..
    I'm waiting for a new string, been shooting too much!
    Darton DS-3800 + RipCord + MT Black Gold Ascent + BEA Rampage + Slick Trick + Tight Spot + ASAT 3D Camo (or Ultimate suit) = Equipment you can rely on!

My FaceBook page..

04 magnum extreme, it's the first darton i've ever owned and i will say this, my browning nitro was much more forgiving but i love this darton. i've been shooting it since i bought it in 2004 and i'm very impressed

Quote Originally Posted by 00lugnut00 View Post
    04 magnum extreme, it's the first darton i've ever owned and i will say this, my browning nitro was much more forgiving but i love this darton. i've been shooting it since i bought it in 2004 and i'm very impressed

I to thought the magnum was hard to shoot and hold steady. I bought the avalanche instead. It was easier to pull and hold steady, just a touch slower but more forgiving.

Great grip and cam system, no vibe and stealth quiet.
    For $300 new i couldn't go wrong!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast