Down to these 2 poses...

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Down to these 2 poses...

I harvested a mid 150s 11 pointer this year. It Fieldressed at 207 and has almost a 25" c neck measurement. I am down to these two forms. OTS semi sneak and mears semi sneak. I have several same quality deer mounted as semi uprights on the wall . If I get a bigger one down the road I have a wall pedestal picked out, but for now which of these two? OTS OR MEARS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I love my Mears semi sneak!! I don't you could go wrong with that if you have a good taxidermist!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Both are good choices.
    The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"-George Washington

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Thank you. . Anymore

I've mounted on both of those forms a bunch, and my favorite of the 2 is the Ben Mears SS. Here are a couple examples...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mears_ss.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	5151841
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobb.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	5151849
    Timberland Taxidermy
    10813 NE Witt Rd
    Cameron, MO 64429

Quote Originally Posted by TimberlandTaxi View Post
    I've mounted on both of those forms a bunch, and my favorite of the 2 is the Ben Mears SS. Here are a couple examples...

[iurl="http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=51 51841&d=1480663894"][/iurl]
    [iurl="http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=51 51849&d=1480663948"][/iurl]

You do very nice work.. thank you!
    I have noticed that many of the taxidermy.net guys like the OTS forms better, but I think that's because they are more user friendly. I have been told that the OTS is Ohio deer which fit our indiana deer very well, but I just think the mears northern forms seem a little more king of the woods to me.. Would you agree? Also read that the OTS has a short neck even more so than the mears which has always been the complaints about them. Is that true?

ots Semi sneak man. Congrats on the buck

Thanks for your input.. anyone else?

Ttt

Ttt

ots semi

I have always liked the OTS. But it is what you feel is going to look good.

Thanks

So in my original post above I said my deer had a 25" c measurement. It was actually the swell measurement so I think I said that wrong. I believe my taxidermist was saying the B measurement was 25". So is the B measurement the swell? and if so the ots brand only goes up to 21 or 22"s . So I may have made my decision.

Ttt

The mears will prob give you a more swollen rutted neck look. 25" is pretty large. was that the meat measurement after it was skinned?

It was the swell measurement at 24.5" My taxi said he could get it on a 25" form easily after tanned. So I have had 3 other bucks with a 23 and 24" swell and the forms chosen had a b measurement at those measurements. What confuses me is that OTS has smaller b measurements than c which is the opposite of every other form company. It looks like ots biggest size in semi-sneak is 22 If the B measurement is the swell. If their swell measurement Is the c than that changes things. OTS would be for example 22x25. Ben mears would be 25x23.
    He was a hog, I just want to remember him that way. If there's not much difference in size I will try the ots because that's what my new taxi likes to use most otherwise I will stick with what I know.

The size should be the same. Just the way they do size numbering may be different. so if mears b is a 22 OTS c will be 22. what was the eye to nose measurement?

8" eye to nose
    It would be mears c as a 22 and ots b as a 22 if I'm following you correctly.

I was saying just the opposite

http://ohiotaxidermysupply.com/index...038ac810a2c3d9

see if that pic helps you.

I like the top one!
    Sitka Elevated II Everything / Prime Centergy, Vapor Trail, TR React Trio, TR Stabilizer / Black Eagle Deep Impact Arrows / Vortex Viper HD's /
    Arrow Wild Company: Sitka Gear / Prime Bows / Black Eagle Arrows / Vortex Optics / Wicked Tree Gear / Big and J / Lumenok / Lonewolf / Covert / Hunterra / Mtn Ops / Stic-N-Pic / Mrs. Doe Pee /

After all that I went with a wall pedestal. Thanks guys for your time!

Of the two, I to would chose the Mears as well. I mount a lot of wts on that form and they are really nice to work with. They have a nice mature look to them that clients really love.
    wildlifebydesign.net

ots