Thread: Bowtech Stryker Review

Thumbs down Bowtech Stryker Review

I was at Gander Mt. on Wednesday and did a review on the Diamond Black Ice and a quick review on the Bowtech Stryker. The Stryker review is as follows:

$1,600 for a cross bow, homey don't think so. ....

You call that a review !

What is your true agenda, Slippy ?

Sag
    Bowman Accu-Riser I and II...Greatest built American bows of all time
    Hamskea Versa Rest, Hogg Father sight, Paridigm stabilizer.
    Scorpyd Crossbows... nothing else compares
    Zeiss Victory HT 10x42 binoculars...simply superb

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    What is your true agenda, Slippy ?

Sag

The "agenda" is that $1,600 bucks for a damn crossbow is flat out silly and I don't care if Bowtech, Diamond, Horton or Fisher Price makes it.

Plus, I don't think any crossbow that shoots faster that my shotgun should be allowed to be used during ARCHERY SEASON.

The truth comes out :-)

My review of the Stryker is (:-)

It's the most accurate crossbow I've ever shot.

It's top quality equal to anything out there.

It's heavy just like many of the Ten Point versions.

It's large.

It's shoots arrows at over 405 FPS as advertised.

It is legal for bowhunting in Virginia and I would guess any state that allows crossbow hunting (correct me if I'm wrong).

It's expensive just like many of the Ten Point versions.

If you can't afford to buy one,then there are other products on the market that are priced down to $299.00. You make your decisions and live with the results.

If you don't like crossbows being in archery season now just wait 20 or 30 years when old age catches up with you. I hope you are lucky enough to live that long as I have.
    :-)
    MOON

Super "Small" Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

There is no doubt that this piece of equipment is HUGE and would take a rather strong person to operate it properly not to mention a wench to bring it into an elevated tree stand. And unlike most IBO speeds advertised by Bowtech, I hear the Stiker most certainly reaches the advertised IBO of 425 (looking at the ad in a magazine right now) Of course WEIGHT wasn't included. This weapon looks like it could knock over an army tank.

Very wicked looking.

There is no need to spend $50,000.00 on a car either, but people do it all day long. You can buy a new crossbow for as little as $295.00 if that is all you want to spend, but if you choose to buy a Hyundai because it suits your needs, dont complain about the guy in the BMW sitting next to you at the stop lites...

As far as the speed goes, be prepared to see more of this I feel...even in the compound and Trad side, speed is becoming everything and technology is allowing manufacturers to push the design limits. I know a few states are putting max poundage limits on Xbows, but a few may start putting FPS limits as well. Personaly, if a deer is standing at 30 yrds, and a bolt passes thru it at 255 FPS or 375fps I really dont think the deer cares...you still need to be a bowhunter because irrelivant of the speed, the broadhead needs to be placed in the kill zone. When I can shoot a deer in the neck with a crossbow and have it drop like a stone like it would with a rifle then it will no longer be archery for me...

just MO

Wyvern

You can buy a Stryker at Archers Nook in Ontario complete package for $1338 US. Not Taxes and no duties to U.S. only Shipping cost.
    Less than the cost of some Ten Points.

Talking Mtn_hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Field View Post
    The "agenda" is that $1,600 bucks for a damn crossbow is flat out silly and I don't care if Bowtech, Diamond, Horton or Fisher Price makes it.

Plus, I don't think any crossbow that shoots faster that my shotgun should be allowed to be used during ARCHERY SEASON.

I was courious, just how many crossbows do you currently own ?

What are the brands and models? Attach some pictures of them !!!!

I know you must have SEVERAL in order for you to make such an UNEDUCATED statement !
    If your shotgun shoots no faster than my STRYKER, it probably is made by Fisher Price !!

The world if full of people like you... Those that can't afford, or refuse accept the newest tech advancements, and rather than admit to it, choose to sit on the side lines throwing rocks and slandering products and Companies.

Go back and invest 30 + years in shooting archery equipment , and then maybe, JUST MAYBE.. someone will listen.

Until then go enjoy your Fisher Price Toys !

CC

with matched arrows it does 405fps.

I handled one-and was very impressed! The model the dealer had lasted less than 2 weeks in his archery shop!

I would welcome anyone carrying one to share the archery season with me although I might ask him to let me try a shot

Quote Originally Posted by MTN_HUNTER View Post
    I was courious, just how many crossbows do you currently own ?

What are the brands and models? Attach some pictures of them !!!!

I know you must have SEVERAL in order for you to make such an UNEDUCATED statement !
    If your shotgun shoots no faster than my STRYKER, it probably is made by Fisher Price !!

The world if full of people like you... Those that can't afford, or refuse accept the newest tech advancements, and rather than admit to it, choose to sit on the side lines throwing rocks and slandering products and Companies.

Go back and invest 30 + years in shooting archery equipment , and then maybe, JUST MAYBE.. someone will listen.

Until then go enjoy your Fisher Price Toys !

CC
    fair question derserves a fair answer, had a horton super mag and sold it once I recovered from shoulder surgery and decided crossbows are for old people, injured people, or just lazy people.

My shotgun is a Remington 870 and I will outshoot you any day of the week with it.
    Last edited by Revival; February 17th, 2007 at 10:08 PM.

fair question derserves a fair answer, had a horton super mag and sold it once I recovered from shoulder surgery and decided crossbows are for old people, injured people, or just lazy people.

My shotgun is a Remington 870 and I will outshoot you any day of the week with it.

And one more thing I would like to add to my review just for you.

You dont like crossbows...fine. Posting like you did and picking a fight on the crossbow thread is stupid. You are entitled to your opinion, but go chat on the "all shotgun" threads....

Wyvern

Hey Slippy -

With your screen name and the redness in your little icon....what side of the tracks do you play?

You need to come back to the real world with the rest of us real folk.

Mike

Talking

And one more thing I would like to add to my review just for you.

Figures ! One crossbow and your an expert!
    You seem to come across as someone who would NEED a shotgun in order to stand a chance at hitting a deer.
    And I am neither old, injured, or lazy. But I am also not young, ignorant, nor stupid! I choose to shoot crossbows because I like them for a hunting tool, period.
    As far as you outshooting me, maybe you can, but I promise you I'd give you a run for your money at 1000 to 2000 yards !!!
    My longest kill to date is 729 yards with an Original 1874 Sharps taking a 2500 lb. Bison. One shot, One Kill. THis was with Aperture (open) sights.
    My shotgun is an old Mossberg 835 with a custom choke that I made. I only use it for turkeys. Here is a pic of my 30 yard group. Post yours .

Oh ! Thanks for the attaches icon... Now we all know what you look like !!

Nuff Said

CC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Slippy, This section is not here to spew your idiotic statements intended to simply start trouble. Read the section rules and consider this your only warning. Did you get board with the mundane world of vertical bows? So many posts, so little wisdom...

Here's a little tip from your uncle Brad;

If a 400fps crossbow can shoot better than your Remington, I recommend you check out an Ithaca 37 and some rottweil brenneke slugs... I think I get about 1300fps out of my 2 3/4" shells. I'm sure I would have no problem out shooting you either. I've won plenty of bets on just that subject. Heck, my 11 year old daughter would probably leave your head hanging in shame.

NOTE ADDED (2/19/07): I should not have responded so harshly. Despite Slippy's previous anti crossbow statements, I should have simply stated that the forum section rules were being violated and given the warning. Slippy, I apologize. - Brad
    Last edited by Revival; February 19th, 2007 at 02:44 PM.