DIY target stab build. - Page 2

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wow. it looks nice and has good functionality.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RGV hunter View Post
    Here is my version of this design. I changed it up a bit but it is still similar. I like this better than the hi-tek kit. Thanks for the idea.
    Attachment 5426777
    Is that heat shrink tubing?
    Problems worthy
    of attack
    prove their worth
    by hitting back.

--Piet Hein

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Yes it is heat shrink tubing. Works great. I shot with it today.

I took a few shots without the stabilizer and noticed that I was off target. I then shot with the stabilizer on it and it made a big difference. I added some weight to the end.

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Yes it is

I have to say when I first saw this thread I was thinking "Yawn another stabilizer thread" but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised this is the first time I've seen a thread where the arrows were super glued together. Seems like a really inexpensive way to make a very strong light and stiff stabilizer rod. Now if we had a decent sources for end caps that fit all the myriad of arrow sizes we would be golden. Still it is a really cool idea and worth the read. Thanks for sharing!
    NWSpinner,com
    Become a string maker but don't waste your time wrapping your servings by hand check out the NWSpinner!

Teach a kid archery, you'll be rewarded with a lifetime of smiles!

This one that I made works really well. It makes a big difference.

instead of soldering your bolt in use lead ( old tire weight, sinkers, etc.). Just melt it with a torch & pour it in your cap. You can make weights by doing the same with the lead but use the nut in these caps so you can screw them on the end. make several that are different weights so you can change it out as needed & it will match your stab. Just my 2 cents worth on it.
    REDNECK SHOOTIN` A BOWTECH -- SOMETHINGS GONNA DIE !!!!!!!!!

That looks amazing! I am going to attempt to make a hunting 8in version. Thinking of filling with silicone for additional weight and vibration damping material. I've done that in my tennis racquet handles before. How did you remove the logos off the shafts?

Quote Originally Posted by aggietex08 View Post
    That looks amazing! I am going to attempt to make a hunting 8in version. Thinking of filling with silicone for additional weight and vibration damping material. I've done that in my tennis racquet handles before. How did you remove the logos off the shafts?
    Scotchbright works great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Acetone will take the labels off too.
    Elite Pure, VaporTrail Pro V, CE Mach 5, SH Hogg-it, SH Wiseguy, Catfish Customs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2