Thread: What's the best way to cook a venison tenderloin?

What's the best way to cook a venison tenderloin?

I'm looking for a new way, so what's your favorite?

Jimmy Jones

Slice loin into filets (thickness you desire), marinate in ranch dressing, and whatever spices you like for a couple days. Wrap bacon strip around each peace (hold with toothpic). Throw it on the grill...delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowslngr View Post
    Slice loin into filets (thickness you desire), marinate in ranch dressing, and whatever spices you like for a couple days. Wrap bacon strip around each peace (hold with toothpic). Throw it on the grill...delicious!

Marinate and just grill the slices, eat off the grill

Frying the slices is good too
    God - Wife - 3 Kids
    Mathews Chill 70-30 /Spot Hogg Real Deal 5 Pin
    MPSI Bushmaster / NAP Apache 5"
    Carbon Express Maxima 350 / NAP Killzone TT
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jones View Post
    I'm looking for a new way, so what's your favorite?

Jimmy Jones

I've got lots of favorites-- This is what I did last night and is a variation of a reciepe I got from the food network website:

Take a chunk of loin or 'strap about 6 inches long and remove the silverskin. slice it down the middle (lengthwise) about 2/3 of the way through. Open the slit up a bit and get a skillet or grill pan really hot, lightly coat the meat with oil and sear it on both sides until it is a golden brown. Then pack the slit with about 4 oz. of good blue cheese (I like English Stilton). Tie the stuffed loin up with a few pieces of string and put it back in the pan. Put the pan i a 350 degree oven and roast the whole thing until the meat is medium rare (use a probe themometer) Let it rest for a few minutes, slice and serve-- Wow is it good.

Whole loin, marinade for about a half hour, sprinkle with Montreal Steak seasoning, grill for about 10 mins to the inch of thickness on the bar-b (m-rare)

Slice into thin strips and serve immediately..... Never had anyone that didn't love it...

what i do is slice the loin so its about an inch thick that way you can make about half dozen little fillets.
    then in a ziplock bag I put about a half bottle of pineapple teriaki sauce from Lawreys. then i will put in about a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of brown suger. and then add some chili powder for some zing you figure out amount you like. then I leave that sit for about 6-8 hours. longer the better.
    On hot grill i throw them on about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes on each side.
    comes out tender and just a little pink on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowslngr View Post
    This is a great way! Try throwing a jalepeno in the middle though, you want to talk about tasty.

get a ziplock bag and put 50/50 of flour and drakes crispy fry mix in then garlic salt and garlic pepper in the bag.cut meat into bite size pieces dip in egg and put in mix then fry them up in some hot oil.these are always gone at my house so fast.

Grill

Throw your tenderloin or straps in a ziplock bag overnight with some olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and hotsauce. Throw on a hot grill over low flames until medium rare.

The best and simple too.

Take one tenderloin about 8" long ,poke holes all over with a fork, marinate overnight in golden italian or zesty italian dressing. Before cooking wrap end to end in bacon slices and hold the bacon on with toothpicks. Cook on top grill of bbq so as not to worry so much about flare ups. Check with meat thermometer to see when its done. There might be a little strip of red in the middle of it but if your thermometer says its done then its done. The bacon should crisp up really nice. Cut into steakettes the thickness of a the slice of bacon and serve. Tastes like something out of a ritzy restaraunt. Enjoy

I took a whole strap, injected it with (sp?) worshtershire and ranch dressing, mixed to get the dressing thin enough to be injected. seasoned outside with Tonys creole and Mrs. dash garlic and herbs. also marinaded in worshtishire in covered pan 2 days in fridge.
    Slow cooked on charcoal grill( put all charcoal to the back of the grill and put meat in the front), fat side down(what little there is) on a piece of foil just big enough for the meat, with hickory smoke wood chips.
    when done I poured mushroom soup over it and sprinkled with garlic salt. Absolutely to die for, melts in your mouth.