Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets Be Honest

Lets Be Honest

hOW MANY OF YOU PEE IN THE WOODS WHEN HUNTING OR SCOUTING AND HOW (sorry didn't realize I lock the caps) many smoke ,dip or drink coffee in your stand while hunting. What are your results.

Quote Originally Posted by rjtfroggy View Post
    hOW MANY OF YOU PEE IN THE WOODS WHEN HUNTING OR SCOUTING AND HOW (sorry didn't realize I lock the caps) many smoke ,dip or drink coffee in your stand while hunting. What are your results.

still was able to kill a deer
    Mike LePera
    Britesite.US

All the time... old... weak bladder... Never seen it bother the deer where I hunt.. Of course... don't pee where you are going to sit...

All the time and it doesn't bother the deer. Last year one of the bucks I shot came right to my tree and was sniffing right where I had done my business before he was Vulcanized, he didn't live long or prosper.
    "CRACKERIZED"
    CARTER'S ARCHERY
    (816) 232-2577
    www.cartersarchery.net

All the time. People even claim you can pee in the scrapes and it will atract deer.

Everytime....unless it's below 20...

I chew but I try not to pee. Although I don't think urine will spook deer. I have heard that deer can't really distinguish urine from different animals. I have killed many deer with my bow while chewing in the stand.
    Darton DS 3800

It's rather quite simple; You either do it or you don't!

Many years ago, as I entered a beanfield that I had to cross to get to my stand, I took a leak by the ditch. From my tree I could see the spot and about 3 hours later 5 does came out of the woods right where I took my leak and didn't even begin to act like there was anything different than usual. Since them I have seen deer walk right over where I left a deposit without any sign of interest. Now when I have to let it go, I do it where ever I am.

NOTE: I have seen evidence of severe agitation after peeing in a scrape, it is almost like a fit of rage has occured at that site. I do it every chance I get.
    " Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end "

www.downeastarchery.homestead.com/DEAC.html

I've peed in the woods when small game and turkey hunting, but avoid doing it around my stand. Once or twice really had to go when deer hunting and just climbed down and went off a few yards behind a tree. During shotgun season one time really had to go an couldn't wait so I climbed down, ran about 10 yards, dug a quick hole and did my thing. Deer didn't seem to react at all, although from that stand this past season bowhunting, only saw like 2 deer from that stand all out of range.
    ~2011 Elite Hunter RT AP 25" DL, 52/53 lb, QAD HDX, CJ Mark I, Beman ICS Hunter 500s~
    ~2013 Elite Hunter Black Riser/Snow Camo Limbs 25.5" DL, 50lb-ish , VT Limbdriver Pro, Black Gold Widowmaker, GT Velocity XT 500s~
    ~Trails Cams: P32, P41, S40, SpyPoint IR5~

Quote Originally Posted by rjtfroggy View Post
    I have always peed out of my stand, it has never bothered the deer. As strange as it sounds I've had some curious about it!!?? Many years ago I talked to a deer biologist, he didn't find that peeing bothered them, it was always body odor/odor from your hair/hands etc. Evidently people have a
    certain group of bacteria that live on them, it's the gases that these bacteria
    give off that the deer can sense.
    "crackerized" '06,'07 Tributes:wife,kids,dogs,: !everybody needs a new EXperience!!?? not necessarily in that order
    "At no time is freedom of speech more precious than when a man hits his thumb with a hammer."
    I wish I was at http://www.lagunavistaranch.com/contact.html(Jed is out of Crown)

Always go out of my stand, never had it bother the deer.
    Crackerized '06 Hoyt Trykon 28.5" DL, 65#Lethal Weapon 1, Original Trophy Taker, Doinker power bar, GT pro hunters,Gatway 3" feathers.
    '07 UltraElite 28.5"DL, 60#, Sure-loc Supreme, 3D gold premier rest, UL GT Pros, 2 1/2 feathers, and Doinker Carbon Elite 28.5".

rainbow right out of stand,don't bother deer,dont dip,smoke or drink coffee.
    stephen J.Bear...

Quote Originally Posted by metalarcher View Post
    All the time... old... weak bladder... Never seen it bother the deer where I hunt.. Of course... don't pee where you are going to sit...
    It is uncomfortable sitting on a wet spot.....isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by preyquester View Post
    rainbow right out of stand,don't bother deer,dont dip,smoke or drink coffee.
    That does cause allot less commotion than climbing down, and running the 100 yd dash.

My freezer is full

Guilty on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by pseshooter300 View Post
    All the time. People even claim you can pee in the scrapes and it will atract deer.
    Yes it will. These are mock scrapes with my pee. Hard to get people to accept this no matter how much proof you show them. I am open to new ideas and I just started doing mock scrapes with my own urine last year. Very good results.

Steve

"It's a Navy Seal type bow. It works by pulling it back and shooting it."

yup guilty as peed

I had a sister and brotherinlaw that lived in south west Wis. They hunted northern part of state and told me over and over they got more deer around the urinal than any where. They always left one person in camp to hunt close by it. My son and i have always went in the woods. I stured up a deer one year by peeing in the scrape. Always read and told not to bother the scrapes. But we made this one madder than anything i guess as the scrape got bigger every time we did pee in it and cover it up with leaves and sticks. I got an 8ptr from this spot. I have used about all the scents and stuff out there i reacon but i stopped when all it seemed like it did was spookem. So all i use now is scent sheild or scent cover spray. Last 2 deer i got was 13yds and 10yds with the bow. Hey i works for me what else can i say. AC
    scottstarnes.com>>>----->spyderwebtargets.com>>>------->www.epekhunting.com>>---->Elusion camo >>>---->PSEarchery.com
    Have fun with archery and archery will be fun for you.
    I've learned that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.
    I am related to a Genius and a Moron.

i believe some of these people are smoking crack!
    jammin' and solocammin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stewart76 View Post
    Camel Lights actually.

Everything but chew.(dont have that habit)

Quote Originally Posted by stewart76 View Post
    Didn't see that option listed

Quote Originally Posted by pseshooter300 View Post
    A few years back I killed a buck that came in and sniffed the scrape that I pee'd in an hour prior... My bloody arrow was sticking in the dirt, dead smack center of the scrape.

I was trying to see if I was the only one who did this stuff in the woods, I guess not.
    Biggest deer I have ever seen was about 1 1/2 hrs after I peed in his scrape, he came back and destroyed everything within 8feet of it.Later on maybe a year or two to prove it to my hunting partners I peed in a small scrape on the edge of a feild that we walk in through 2 days later we check it and the ground is torn apart in about a 4square foot section. One of the guys after seeing with his own eyes still doesn't believe it.
    I have had to put down my pipe and once or twice my cigar ,or coffee and to make a shot with both a bow and a gun.
    So what is the truth here are the animals that live in close proximity to man accustomed to our smells and generally ignor them or am I and others just luckey sob's.

Guilty on all counts. but no coffee.......MtDew.

If you have to go...then you have to go. I usually just kick up some ground, do my thing, then try to cover it over with dirt and leaves at the least if I am on foot. Up in the treestand...I usually just let it fly if I can't wait. Hasn't ever stopped the deer from coming in either way. They never seem to notice where I went as well.

From what I gathered from the above earlier posts...it appears as though we all like marking our scent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast