Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63

Thread: Jay Gregory

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Jay Gregory

    Jays going to be the speaker at Nebraska Bowhunters Banquet this week end has anybody ever heard him speak just wondering what to expect



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cross Timbers
    Posts
    454
    I like him, and he does a great seminar.
    aimhard


    No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
    Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor. – Theodore Roosevelt (December 7, 1903)

  3. #3
    I havent heard him, not sure that I would want to, but who knows it may be informative

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    340
    I would like to see Jay speak. I think he is a great bowhunter and represents the sport well. I hope you enjoy it and let us now how it goes.!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    25' up a tree
    Posts
    3,369
    I'd rather visit Tammy while Jays away

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,610
    Jay spoke at a little convention of whitetail hunters when the MDC was inquiring about the opinions of Missouri hunters on the regulations that the MDC should put on their deer seasons. His ideas were pretty good about what the MDC should do. I agreed with him on his views. But i'm not a big fan. JMO
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL Black Ops
    Gold Tip Kenetic Pro 400 with 100gr. Magnus Buzzcut
    TruGlo Tru Tec Quiver, Limb Driver Pro V, Vapor Trail Strings, Tru Ball Short-n-sweet

  7. #7
    I couldn't tell you what to expect but I think he has one of the best hunting shows out there. He always shoots some very BIG bucks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Northern Missouri
    Posts
    1,174
    With his new hairstyle, I can't take him seriously. He looks kind of ******ed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    296
    I spoke to him several years ago about a treestand and he was less than helpful almost a jerk and I could care less to hear him talk.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by choogiem View Post
    I spoke to him several years ago about a treestand and he was less than helpful almost a jerk and I could care less to hear him talk.

    lol, are you kidding? I am sure Jay Gregory has better things than deal with Peons like you and me? Come on man

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    134
    I don't know the guy.....but I hunted w/ a outfitter out west a few years back where Jay did soem filming for his shows. Seem the outfitter was out promoting his businees while Jay was hitting on his wife ...My two cents.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Clinton, MS
    Posts
    1,466
    You guys are rough!
    Jay will do a great job, and will definitely mix with the crowd!
    Enjoy!

    Clifford Neames
    Wild Outdoors Team
    "There is a beast that taunts me. And I shall have his head!"

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    You guys are rough!
    Jay will do a great job, and will definitely mix with the crowd!
    Enjoy!

    Clifford Neames
    Wild Outdoors Team

    Oh come on buddy, this is mild stuff and you know it

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lanett, Alabama
    Posts
    733
    I think he puts on a great show, but don't rreally care for the way he left realtree to go with mossy oak. He was a nobody until realtree picked him up. 'Went to the prom with one and left with another."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    south Jersey
    Posts
    1,455
    I have seen Jay at a seminar here in Jersey a few years back, He was awesome! He took the time afterwards to sign my son's bow and a pic. He's an awesome hunter for sure.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    newcastle, wy
    Posts
    6,925
    probably will be a good seminar, but for some reason, i just dont care for him.

    sorta like that tom nelson of the american archer. again, probably a great guy, but for some reason just not a fan.
    OZONICS- proof that with leased land, and enough technology, even Tom Nelson and Jay Gregory can actually kill something.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Iowa Draw (Leonard, MO)
    Posts
    379

    Hahahahaha!!!!

    Haha his hair is pretty crazy right now!!! I too, hear that he likes to get REAL FRIENDLY with the females in the crowd!! He is a Missouri boy and I have heard a pretty good story or two on him. Could just be hear say??? But, One included, him, a no tresspassing sign, an angry land owner, and a Shotgun!!! True or not it had a pretty funny ending!!!
    Last edited by lforce; February 27th, 2007 at 12:22 AM.
    Remington Country

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Clinton, MS
    Posts
    1,466
    Too bad Snopes doesn't have the truth about all of these rumors, so that they would be put to rest, once and for all!
    It is unfortunate that people like to gossip!

    Now, the hair thing, I have to agree with!
    Tammi likes to mess with it!
    "There is a beast that taunts me. And I shall have his head!"

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    3,578
    Quote Originally Posted by passthru68 View Post
    I think he puts on a great show, but don't rreally care for the way he left realtree to go with mossy oak. He was a nobody until realtree picked him up. 'Went to the prom with one and left with another."
    If it wasn`t for Jay Gregory, and Don Kisky, the Drury Brothers would never have been any more popular than some of the guys peddling their DVDs on here. Some of you guys, with your ridiculous internet rumors, really need to keep it to yourselves. I`ve never heard Jay speak at a seminar, but he`s on my short list of people that I would listen to.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Galion OH
    Posts
    13,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerman1 View Post
    I'd rather visit Tammy while Jays away
    the way he shoots ,are you nutz? it looks like he will hunt anything even skunks.
    stephen J.Bear...

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by lforce View Post
    Haha his hair is pretty crazy right now!!! I too, hear that he likes to get REAL FRIENDLY with the females in the crowd!! He is a Missouri boy and I have heard a pretty good story or two on him. Could just be hear say??? But, One included, him, a no tresspassing sign, an angry land owner, and a Shotgun!!! True or not it had a pretty funny ending!!!
    I dont know buddy, In the end it wasnt very funny for the guy holding the shotgun

  22. #22

    Jay Gregory

    Jeez guys if you have something to say dont hold back on my account ... just kidding had no idea this would generate so many opinions.A nyway good or bad thats who we have.Next year we have Keith and Brooks from Double Bull really looking forward to that,Saw Brooks at Jamboree a couple yrs ago good guy --Thanks for the input think I`ll leave my wife at home!!

  23. #23
    WOW..I have never visited this forum before but felt compelled to look with all the e-mails I have been getting about it..

    I am very excited to be headed to Nebraska this weekend for the Nebraska Bowhunters Banquet, I look forward to meeting everyone there..
    I usually don't respond to this kind of "gossip" on the internet, but its almost amusing how these rumors get started with no sense of what the truth is..

    I don't know if it is just cruel intentions by people that might not like us or if people really believe the stuff that they read on these forums..

    I did not leave Realtree..They let us go..Lucky for us Mossy Oak welcomed us into there family..I still have a very good relationship with the folks at Realtree, they are good people..This is a buisness and sometimes tough decisions have to be made, thats all it was, a buisness decision..

    The people who talk about me being shot have absolutly no Idea what they are talking about..NONE
    For obvious reasons I do not talk about being shot..And I wont again..But for the record ..I was shot in the back with a .270 on April 4th 1990..There were no hunting seasons in, I was carrying a pair of binos. I was never charged with trespassing. I was life flighted to KC, the bullet ripped a hole through me the size of a softball..Im lucky to be alive! Not very funny stuff if you ask me!

    Tammi Wyatt and I are normal people just like the rest of you, yes we are EXTREMLY lucky to have the job we have,,It does not make us any better than any of you or worse..

    Opinions are great and everyone has one, but just because someone prints or says something doesn't make it true..

    Sorry for the book..
    If any of you would like to contact me personally here is my e-mail addy jay@thewildoutdoors.com

    Good luck this spring!

    Jay Gregory

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Jay View Post
    WOW..I have never visited this forum before but felt compelled to look with all the e-mails I have been getting about it..

    I am very excited to be headed to Nebraska this weekend for the Nebraska Bowhunters Banquet, I look forward to meeting everyone there..
    I usually don't respond to this kind of "gossip" on the internet, but its almost amusing how these rumors get started with no sense of what the truth is..

    I don't know if it is just cruel intentions by people that might not like us or if people really believe the stuff that they read on these forums..

    I did not leave Realtree..They let us go..Lucky for us Mossy Oak welcomed us into there family..I still have a very good relationship with the folks at Realtree, they are good people..This is a buisness and sometimes tough decisions have to be made, thats all it was, a buisness decision..

    The people who talk about me being shot have absolutly no Idea what they are talking about..NONE
    For obvious reasons I do not talk about being shot..And I wont again..But for the record ..I was shot in the back with a .270 on April 4th 1990..There were no hunting seasons in, I was carrying a pair of binos. I was never charged with trespassing. I was life flighted to KC, the bullet ripped a hole through me the size of a softball..Im lucky to be alive! Not very funny stuff if you ask me!

    Tammi Wyatt and I are normal people just like the rest of you, yes we are EXTREMLY lucky to have the job we have,,It does not make us any better than any of you or worse..

    Opinions are great and everyone has one, but just because someone prints or says something doesn't make it true..

    Sorry for the book..
    If any of you would like to contact me personally here is my e-mail addy jay@thewildoutdoors.com

    Good luck this spring!

    Jay Gregory
    you never know whats true on either side. but Jay seriously, this hair thing, whats up with that?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    1,665
    Jay goes down in my book as one of the first greats if you ask me....allot of others have followed recently..but he was one of the first.

    He was growing big bucks and killing them back before it wasnt "cool" to do it. Look back at all the older videos..he was there...he has allot of kills behind him and allot of experience so I would say the seminar will be good.

    He kills a huge buck...not just big....but huge...every year and that says something...and not all of his hunts from what I can tell are at an outfitter.

    Yes he has a cool job...but coming from a guy that spent 3 weeks straight in Illinois last year filming and hunting with no kills on film...it ain't all that easy. It takes a little more dedication than most people would think...and you dont get to where he is at by being a slouch!!!!

    And by the way..whats wrong with flirting a little....IMHOP if you ain't flirting with the ladies you are flirting with guys...and if you ain't doing either your dead!!!

    He better watch out though...from what I hear Tammi is a little hottie!!!
    And obviously smart to!!


    Anyway...enjoy the seminar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. where is the CHAT with JAY GREGORY!?!?!
    By canadabowhunter in forum General Archery Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 13th, 2009, 06:55 PM
  2. Jay Gregory in Nebraska
    By 12BBWHNTN in forum Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 4th, 2007, 01:16 PM
  3. jay gregory broadheads
    By redman in forum Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 30th, 2006, 12:35 PM
  4. Jay & Tammy Gregory
    By 3DBIGBULLX in forum General Archery Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: July 16th, 2006, 01:07 AM
  5. Decoy Jay Gregory was using....what brand?
    By gmherps in forum Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 9th, 2006, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •