Hoyt Satori - Page 5

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hoyt Satori

I'll be getting a 17" or 19" Satori riser, but I'm gonna wait until they're readily available. My Black Bear Warfs have me covered for 21" risers.
    Serial Trad Police Offender

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I don't think I can justify a Satori at this time. Though I am intrigued, I simply can't afford it. I will probably buy a used Dorado when I can find one I can afford. Hopefully they will be more plentiful when the Satori is released.
    I do have one question. Having never owned or shot this type of bow, how does one determine what size riser is appropriate for them? All of my bows are one piece wood recurves, reflex deflex and longbows.
    Thank you. Its been an interesting thread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by penumbra View Post
    I don't think I can justify a Satori at this time. Though I am intrigued, I simply can't afford it. I will probably buy a used Dorado when I can find one I can afford. Hopefully they will be more plentiful when the Satori is released.
    I do have one question. Having never owned or shot this type of bow, how does one determine what size riser is appropriate for them? All of my bows are one piece wood recurves, reflex deflex and longbows.
    Thank you. Its been an interesting thread.
    depends on your stature, your DL, your shooting style ect....the longer the riser the more forgiving of a bow it is, but me personally I like 17'' risers with medium limbs, I prefer a 60'' bow for my hunting style and 3D rig
    Bob Lee Signature~ 47# @ 28''
    Jeffrey's Archery Royal Hunter Recurve~47#@ 28''
    Shakespeare Necedah~40# @28''
    PSE Nova Barebow finger shooter~

Quote Originally Posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
    depends on your stature, your DL, your shooting style ect....the longer the riser the more forgiving of a bow it is, but me personally I like 17'' risers with medium limbs, I prefer a 60'' bow for my hunting style and 3D rig
    Yep. At my draw length I can't shoot anything longer than a 60" out of some of my treestands, making them pointless as hunting bows. 60" tops for me, but longer draw shooters will have steeper string angles at 62" and up, and will have more play in some situations.

Thanks guys. I have a 27 inch draw length. I shoot only targets and my favorite bows are 62 to 66 inches, though I have bows from 54 to 72 inches. I prefer 30 to 40# bows. I also prefer light bows but occasionally shoot my Tamerlanes and Wing Presentation target bows in my collection.

At your draw I would shoot medium limbs and marry that with a 19" riser for a 62" bow or with a 21" riser for a 64" bow. If you want a full 68" target bow I'd buy a 25" riser of another make and then put the medium limbs on it.

What do you guys think of the limbs for the satori? I am talking about the wood/carbon limbs, not the bamboo cores (out of my price range). For the money they don't seem like a bad option. The ones who plan to buy this riser, will you use the satori limbs or will you use something else? I am thinking about trying the satori limbs myself.
    "When I'm not hunting I'm thinking about hunting. It's on my mind, because it's in my blood. When the hunt calls, my bow points the way. Until there is no more ground to cover and no more stories to tell. When you are a bowhunter, the hunt never end."

I'm wondering if they are the same construction as the Buffalo limbs? When I had my Buffalo the limbs seemed to be fine as far as speed goes but then I bought a pair of ILF BF Extremes to put on another riser and the Buffalo limbs started to feel like dogs compared. I did let my friends shoot them and they all said they seemed "dead". I sold the bow and two sets of limbs after that.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/hoyt...rve-limbs.html

This seems like the same limb as what is being used for the satori. The description of each limb seems the same.
    "When I'm not hunting I'm thinking about hunting. It's on my mind, because it's in my blood. When the hunt calls, my bow points the way. Until there is no more ground to cover and no more stories to tell. When you are a bowhunter, the hunt never end."

I'll be shooting my tradtech RC extreme limbs on mine
    I love Bow Hunting

Yeah I'll be shooting Cwilder's old Carbon Extremes on whichever one I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by penumbra View Post
    Thanks guys. I have a 27 inch draw length. I shoot only targets and my favorite bows are 62 to 66 inches, though I have bows from 54 to 72 inches. I prefer 30 to 40# bows. I also prefer light bows but occasionally shoot my Tamerlanes and Wing Presentation target bows in my collection.

I have similar specs. I like my 17" riser w/ mediums.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: tradtech titan II w/ blackmax carbon extreme limbs , Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow

Just saw this thread, I'd be interested on some 19" riser reviews when most of you get them.
    Alex

Not to get too far off track. What are the pros or cons to the Hoyt factory limbs. Looking at the 19 Satori. Need to decide to go with Hoyt limbs or what would be better. I will use it for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cwilder View Post
    I'll be shooting my tradtech RC extreme limbs on mine
    Chris

You sold your carbon extremes ...... they are a collector item now

Quote Originally Posted by JParanee View Post
    Chris

You sold your carbon extremes ...... they are a collector item now
    I had about 10 sets of them . I do like the new limbs more
    I love Bow Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Sauk Mountain View Post
    Yeah I'll be shooting Cwilder's old Carbon Extremes on whichever one I buy.
    Love these limbs
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: tradtech titan II w/ blackmax carbon extreme limbs , Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow

Quote Originally Posted by sawtoothscream View Post
    Love these limbs
    For now they're on one of my Black Bear Warf's. I don't have a proper string for the bow, all I have is a *barf* Dacron string that's the right length. Just ordered a BCY X string from Daniel at HCBS, that'll really tell me what these limbs are made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauk Mountain View Post
    For now they're on one of my Black Bear Warf's. I don't have a proper string for the bow, all I have is a *barf* Dacron string that's the right length. Just ordered a BCY X string from Daniel at HCBS, that'll really tell me what these limbs are made of.
    Should enjoy them. The draw feels great on them

Hoyt is pretty much top of the line and the Satori looks fantastic. But I might point out that if you aren't married to shooting off the shelf (Satori has a radiused shelf) you could put together an Olympic recurve for a lot less money. Most risers are offered in black and there are a few companies that make carbon limbs that don't have loud graphics. I've looked at TradTech and Martin bows, with metal risers and holes drilled to accept plungers, etc., then I think, how would this be fundamentally different from my Olympic recurve? For that matter, you can probably put together a Hoyt Formula bow for less money. Is it the same thing? No, probably not. Would I buy a Satori if I had the money? Yeah, but I don't. I haven't seen the price yet, but I bet it's pretty high.

Case in point (regarding my last reply).
    You can buy this riser- http://www.lancasterarchery.com/kaya...rve-riser.html
    And Kaya sells some pretty nice carbon-glass limbs, with subtle graphics, for about $190.
    So, for less than $500 you could have a bow that doesn't look all that different from the Satori and I'd be very surprised if it doesn't shoot as well or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Pearson View Post
    Hoyt is pretty much top of the line and the Satori looks fantastic. But I might point out that if you aren't married to shooting off the shelf (Satori has a radiused shelf) you could put together an Olympic recurve for a lot less money. Most risers are offered in black and there are a few companies that make carbon limbs that don't have loud graphics. I've looked at TradTech and Martin bows, with metal risers and holes drilled to accept plungers, etc., then I think, how would this be fundamentally different from my Olympic recurve? For that matter, you can probably put together a Hoyt Formula bow for less money. Is it the same thing? No, probably not. Would I buy a Satori if I had the money? Yeah, but I don't. I haven't seen the price yet, but I bet it's pretty high.
    *Sigh* The Satori is a hunting bow/riser. No, Formula and ILF are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Pearson View Post
    Case in point (regarding my last reply).
    You can buy this riser- http://www.lancasterarchery.com/kaya...rve-riser.html
    And Kaya sells some pretty nice carbon-glass limbs, with subtle graphics, for about $190.
    So, for less than $500 you could have a bow that doesn't look all that different from the Satori and I'd be very surprised if it doesn't shoot as well or better.
    Most of the people interested in a Satori riser or complete bow aren't encumbered by having to build the cheapest bow possible. If a person on a budget wanted a bomb proof ILF rig they'd be hard pressed to do better for the money than a Warf'd riser with a set of used Black Max limbs.

Oly risers are typically expected to have long stabs and v bars... so they are usually quite "top heavy". Can be shot without stabs or weights but you get a lot of tip back to the head if you shoot a looser grip.

"Hunting" risers tend to be shorter (sub 21") and more neutrally balanced (or bottom balanced) since we're not usually walking around the woods with a 30" stab. So less tip back post-shot.

The Hoyt Excel is still a strong budget ILF buy, but really needs some weight or short stab to mitigate the tip back (unless you have a tight grip which is generally not so good for form.)

check out the hoyt 840 limbs. lancaster does a rewiew on them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5