a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Rytera Triad Shooters...

Cool Rytera Triad Shooters...

For those shooting the Triad, what limbs/cam combination are you using and what are your thoughts?

Anyone shooting a Triad with Elite limbs and the M-pro cam?

Also, does the M-pro use ball bearings or roller bearings?

I've shot the Triad, Elite Limbs both with the Nitrous X and the Furious X cams and am considering a backup bow but with the Vipro or M-pro cams...

thanks
    thenson

Vortex Field Staff / Victory Archery National Shooting Staff / Paradigm Field Staff
    / Bowjax Shooting Staff / BullDog Targets - Lifetime Warranty / Schrade Pro-Staff

anyone shooting a Triad with Vipro cams?
    Vortex Field Staff / Victory Archery National Shooting Staff / Paradigm Field Staff
    / Bowjax Shooting Staff / BullDog Targets - Lifetime Warranty / Schrade Pro-Staff

I know that TCR1 has one with elite limbs and I think Furious cams....

I believe that Irefuse does as well.....
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

I don't have a Triad with M Pro or Vipro. I am about 99% sure that would be a new build and the folks at Martin would have to figure out the correct string lengths before you could even put it together. I believe the ATA and BH would be slightly bigger than the Triad with the Dyna cam just because of the larger cam size.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

What is your thinking behind going with the M Pro or Vipro cam?

I need to do some reading on the differences behind bearings, but I am pretty sure that the M Pro and Vipro cams are sealed cartridge ball bearings.

I am shooting the Triad elite with Furious X system as BH said. I don't have the correct modules on it at this time, so I can't give the draw curve agood evaluation. However, my expeience with the handle/limb/cams has been all very positive. I have some new strings sitting waiting for the modules to come.

When ordering the bow with Furious, always ask which module would be best (you want to be towards the top of the module) for your draw length. Then specify that you want that module on your bow.
    Last edited by TCR1; March 6th, 2007 at 10:53 AM.
    Targets are calling my name again! Back to pins (for now)!

It is not possible (well, anything is possible) or rather, for best results...we have found that the M-Pro cam can only be used with the 13" limbs in a parallel limb configuration. Theoretically it would be possible to build the Triad in this manner but the resulting specs would likely be anything but desirable...large brace, extremely short A to A, etc.,etc.

Custom Rytera

I found out yesterday from Phil at the Martin Custom shop (great guy to deal with by the way) that the Elite limbs have to be custom ordered when you initially order the bow. To replace the limbs after the fact is a major undertaking from what I understand.....I'd like to go with the Nitrious or Furious X system on my Triad.....I just have to figure our the spacers and what cam/modue size is needed.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mountie View Post
    I found out yesterday from Phil at the Martin Custom shop (great guy to deal with by the way) that the Elite limbs have to be custom ordered when you initially order the bow. To replace the limbs after the fact is a major undertaking from what I understand.....I'd like to go with the Nitrious or Furious X system on my Triad.....I just have to figure our the spacers and what cam/modue size is needed.......

Actually it is all quite simple and the limbs do not have to be custom ordered.

Joel, so how is the Triad with Elite limbs and the Dyna cam? Would there be any negative cable wear issues with the Dyna dams?

Is the Triad with Dyna cams/elite limbs a common configuration? or a rarity?

thanks,
    thenson

I just sold a dyna cam model to Mountie.. Should be receiving my Nitrous model today I hope.. Both are the standard limbs.

I really liked the Dyna cam. It was very smooth and it rolled over and held nicely. Had really good pop to it as well.

One of these days I'll get my hands on some Elite limbs for the Triad and will try a few different configurations..

Quote Originally Posted by thenson View Post
    Joel, so how is the Triad with Elite limbs and the Dyna cam? Would there be any negative cable wear issues with the Dyna dams?

Is the Triad with Dyna cams/elite limbs a common configuration? or a rarity?

thanks,
    thenson
    I suppose it is possible...to say it is a rarity is an understatement...it has never been done. Personally I wouldn't fiddle with a one-cam system on a target model bow. The only combination I would consider would be the new Furious-X cams and the shoot through system...that's what I have on order anyway.

Cool Trias

Quote Originally Posted by Joel C View Post
    I suppose it is possible...to say it is a rarity is an understatement...it has never been done. Personally I wouldn't fiddle with a one-cam system on a target model bow. The only combination I would consider would be the new Furious-X cams and the shoot through system...that's what I have on order anyway.
    Joel, so are most of the Triad shooters using them for target? 3d or indoor?

Has there been any head to head comparisons between the Triad and the S4?

thanks
    thenson

thanks
    thenson
    There will be a head to head comparison in my house by the end of the week..

I'll have the Nitrous cam Triad and a elite limb/Furious cam S4.. Should make for some fun times..

thanks
    thenson
    T,
    I'm using mine for anything that is 2 dimensional, indoor, outdoor, field. I would use it for anything with marked yardage as well (like redding or known distance 3D). I could use it for unmarked 3D, but then I wouldn't really need a Copper John Competition sight and my Bullet X

I am thinking the Nitrous cams would be fun to play with on my Bullet X. As a short draw archer (27") a little more speed would be nice, but the pull on the M Pro cam has been good to me. Just need to get that 65% let off module to make me gush a little more
    Targets are calling my name again! Back to pins (for now)!