Thread: Best Wrist Release Aids

Best Wrist Release Aids

I'm thinking of buying another wrist release aid and was hoping I could get some advice from you folks.

There are just so many of them and many of them seem to be the same (although from their prices, they are clearly not).

My thoughts are that I want one probably with dual calipers, a trigger latch right up near the jaws, and a crisp adjustable trigger that came be set from light to fairly heavy and hold its settings reliably.

Since all makers seem to make claims like this, are there archers out there who have good experience of these types of release and would like to share their opinions and experience please?

i really like my jim fletcher flathead, its got a foward trigger

well with the exception of the dual calipers, look at the scott mongoose line I have a little bitty goose, that is great. No travel trigger any where from super light to super heavy, and it stays where you set it. Good releases, switched to a hand held, so I never use it, but it is probablly the best wrist stap release in my opinion.

wrist release

carter two shot the best by far....

Carter or Scott

I too would suggest the Carter 2 shot, or the Scott Mongoose or little bitty goose. I have shot all three, and they all are very nice releases. I am currently using a 2 shot and a hand held Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by glennx View Post
    carter two shot the best by far....
    enough said!

Scott Sabertooth is a very good release.

Take a look at the TruBall Cyclone.

After 12yrs. with a Scott Little Goose I switched to a Carter Two Shot. Carter is easier to shoot with back tension.
    Chuck
    Kanati Longbow 42lbs.

Carter 2 shot or quickie plus.

Fletchhunter or Flathead by Fletcher archery are two of the best releases for hunting I have ever used. I love how you can tuck the release down in your sleeve for climbing into a stand. And the releases are very comfortable and last for years. I still have mine from 15+ years ago and it still works just fine.

i agree with whats been said, i have owned a fletchhunter for 12 years and love it, just picked up a little bitty goose and i have to say the trigger is better on the goose, just more crisp, but i'd bet you'd be happy with either
    Vegetarian Eater

13. scotts wildcat

Can't go wrong with any of these: TruBall, Scott, Carter, Fletcher. Based on your desired qualitities, I would look closely at the TruBall Copperhead Xtra or the Scott Sabertooth.

overkill.
    Hoyt Vector 35, Sword Sights and Dead Center Stabilizers 60X Custom strings Staff Shooter

I really like the Truball Copperhead Xtra.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyfence View Post
    well with the exception of the dual calipers, look at the scott mongoose line I have a little bitty goose, that is great. No travel trigger any where from super light to super heavy, and it stays where you set it. Good releases, switched to a hand held, so I never use it, but it is probablly the best wrist stap release in my opinion.

The best training aid for a caliper shooter is Bernie Pellerite's "Can't Punch Release". It is basically a Scott Mongooose with a special trigger which will keep you from punching and teach your how to use a caliper release with back tension without punching. I have never even considered another release for hunting although I did remove the training trigger. The Mongoose will put an arrow where it needs to go forever.

You can get these releases at LAS or robinhoodvideo.com I would get the buckle version, it is much easier to get a constant release position.
    Little Jon Archery Products
    Bowstring Jig and Serving Winders
    BCY String Material distributor, Bowstring making and tuning Phone Orders 800-437-9145

I agree with Randel L.

OVERKILL BY FAR IS THE BEST!!!!!!
    Hoyt Alpha burner
    EASTON /GOLDTIP
    CBE (NONE BETTER)
    SCOTT SS B/T

Wrist Releases

The ones I have now are: Scott Little Goose, Fletcher Flathead, & TRU Ball Short and Sweet. I have been buying backups for all of them so you know I intend to keep these. I too, like the trigger forward. The flathead and short and sweet are my favorites with maybe a slight edge to the short and sweet. I have shot a Carter Quickie 2 plus of my buddies and that will be my next release. The trigger crispness and adjustability of the Carter is better than anything I have tried. I am a rifle shooter and am very fussy about trigger travel. There was a little more travel than I liked in the Little Goose even with adjustment but still it's a fine release. My wife shoots the Little Goose and likes it. My son likes the Flathead. You get any of these and you will be happy.
    Kenny

releases

I like the Fletcher Flathead and the Cobra Black Mamba.

Gator

Lots of good release out there, I own five or six... over the weekend I shot tried out four of them... After shooting them and testing my groups, I went back to the release I like the best, the Gator Jaw release... It just feels right, adds to my short draw length... I can't understand why other companies haven't caught on that two jaws are better than one... gives me the center release advantage w/o the string loop...

Im a big fan of the Truball short-n-sweet. Ive tried nearly everything listed and also enjoy the Scott little bity goose. Carters are nice but I find them to be bulky by comparison and far more $$$.

Another vote for the short N sweet. Great trigger! Trigger in line with the hook (I like the hook WAY better than 2 jaws...but I shoot a loop) and if you get the pro model, the rope attached to the release keeps it torque free.

On top of all that, it's a bargain as well!
    Better archery through science.
    Vectrix XL #60 31.5"
    Strother Moxie #50 31.5"
    www.carbofastdirect.com

Wow!!! Thanks guys. What a listing! I'll do some study on each of the ones you suggested and see what I can come up with.

I really appreciate all of this advice. This is where the Forum shines and what makes it so great.

Thanks again!