Ravin R15

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Thread: Ravin R15

Ravin R15

Ravin will be introducing another Crossbow at ATA. The R15 will have a speed rating of 425 fps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I don't understand why they would do that with the R-9 just coming out. Waiting to see..

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Ravin has the R15 on their website. Looks the same as the R9.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I see that. My dealer is route to the ATA. He is going to change my order from the R9 to R15. I will have a firm price next week as he is meeting with Ravin after the show back home.
    Should be a very interesting week...

Quote Originally Posted by BGC65 View Post
    I see that. My dealer is route to the ATA. He is going to change my order from the R9 to R15. I will have a firm price next week as he is meeting with Ravin after the show back home.
    Should be a very interesting week...
    My guess is that it is going to cost about 200 dollars more than the R9

Looks like I'd better go back to the R9. I just don't see the $500 value in an extra 35 fps unless I'm missing that is different between the R9 and R15

Quote Originally Posted by BGC65 View Post
    Looks like I'd better go back to the R9. I just don't see the $500 value in an extra 35 fps unless I'm missing that is different between the R9 and R15
    It looked the same to me. Unless they are going to have a better scope and arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrific_tom View Post
    It looked the same to me. Unless they are going to have a better scope and arrows.
    I was contacted by an engineer @ Ravin, they are looking at high end arrows as an option.
    The things you do today will be tomorrows topics of conversation, make it a good story!
    Authorized Scorpyd, Tenpoint, Wicked Ridge, Horton, Excalibur and Stryker Dealer
    The Best Hunting Arrows In The World, Guaranteed!
    Hidden Content

I did send Ravin CS a question about differences between the R9 and R15. I am hoping there is more of a difference than just the 35 fps...

Here is a link to check out the difference between the R9 and R15.
    http://ravincrossbows.com/products/crossbows.
    The difference is speed in feet per second, draw force, kinetic energy and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by easterbunny View Post
    Here is a link to check out the difference between the R9 and R15.
    http://ravincrossbows.com/products/crossbows.
    The difference is speed in feet per second, draw force, kinetic energy and cost.
    Correct, all these would be results of the heavier limbs. I was hoping for the money difference they had a different rest, different arrows, etc...
    $500 for 35 fps doesn't do it for me. Glad to hear all the positive reviews from everyone who are at the ATA. Sounds like it took the show

New to AT. Does anybody know anything about the Ravin company? Are they a subsidiary from a larger non-bow manufacturer? How long have they been making bows or crossbows? I like what i hear and see but, that's a lot of money to be a guinea pig on a new a revolutionary type of bow?
    Thanks