2017 elite lineup released - Page 2

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Should have made a bow that has a faster ibo w/ bigger ata than 32".
    Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I think these Elite 2017 threads are great.
    They could've made a bow that would land you a hot super model pulling up with a Ferrari full of Ben Franklins, and somebody would complain it wasn't a Lamborghini.

Roller gaurd, got it.
    Split Limb, got it.

If you're purely chasing speed, you were never an Elite shooter.
    They have 32 to 35 Ata bows. They have great hunting and target bows.
    They will never be feather light.
    They may look like another bow.
    They may look unique.

For crying out loud....shoot one or all of them....
    16 Elite V37, 30.5/50, DCA, HDX, Sword Titan II, Zbros, ABB and Hillside supplied.
    Hoyt Podium X40, 30.5/50. Dead Center Archery. SH Edge Swap, Sword Titan, LP.
    Sword Sights Field Staff

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nicko View Post
    I hear you Mark. Even if I was in the market for a brand-new bow, that price point is a deal killer for me. If somebody is OK dropping that type of coin, more power to them.
    No way I'd put that kind of money into an elite. Great shooting bows, my impulse was 5 for 5 this year. With that said, I bought that bow used in perfect condition w/3 sets of custom strings for 625 last summer. Other brands hold their value way better and cost less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indians did it with sinew and a stick. What's your excuse?

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LetThemGrow View Post
    C'mon Joe post up already.
    Posted on the PA thread too....please be advised, just my .02, maybe only worth .01 to some.......

My impressions of the Option 6 & 7.....

Aesthetics's
    Interesting to say the least, the limbs are rather typical, the riser though is unique. I didn't care for the look or "feel" of the roller arm. The finish was typical.

The feel
    I found the grip interesting, slightly different than the typical grip, but far from the V-grip, I actually prefer the the previous grip. I couldn't get anyone to explain to me what was different in the grip and I couldn't pinpoint it.

The valley and wall were typical Elite, smooth and solid. I felt the valley on both was shallow and I do prefer that in a rig, I don't enjoy the steep, harsh valley, even if it does result in a lesser holding weight. There was something about the roller arm that seemed "in the way", I know that sounds a bit strange, but if the shoe fits.

Like some of the early Elites, I found the DL short...for example I am a true 29.5" and the 29.5 was a little short. I was able to shoot a 6 at 30" and it was perfect, much like the 08 and 09 GT500s and Z28s.

The shot
    I found it to be very typical of the Elite lineup. Neither will be short circuiting any chrony's, but they both were "faster" than my E35 and Synergy, my custom 08 GT500 was faster than both the 6 and 7. I thought it was relatively quiet with virtually zero hand shock.

Cost
    OUCH, but what new rigs these days don't break the bank. The 6 and 7 carried and MSRP $1300. I'm willing to be there will be dealers/retailers selling them higher and folks will be buying them. I believe the new Hoyt's, Prime's, Mathews', PSE's, and Bowtec's are all in the $999-$1499 range....thank God for the AT classifieds right.

Overall impression...
    New look, same feel, same general performance.

Matt, I do believe you will be able to get the VGrip with a special order, if that's something you're looking for.

Pretty sure I'll be settling on a Centergy this year. Everything I like about Elites but better speed, pretty much perfect (for me).

Hope this helps.

Joe
    Hidden Content RingerCams - Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize!!!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content the 12-ring . com Hidden Content

Thanks Joe!

I still can't get over that price point. Is it the Chivas Regal effect? Increase the price of something regular and the masses think it's "high end" and sales actually go up?

I pass on principle alone.

I too have been lusting after at least trying a Prime Rize or Centergy but Obsession has treated me very very well last few years despite their brand specific common issues. I've had very few of those issues.
    2016 Obsession Def Con M7: Jeff Dixon/Brdymakr, 2nd Chance Archery

2016 Obsession Addiction OBB :2nd Chance Archery

Thanks for the update Joe. Feel on bows is very subjective so what feels like filet to one person might feel like hamburger to another. The only way to know for sure is to go out and shoot the bows ourselves. But I would have to be blown away to pay that much.

Thanks Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by dajogejr View Post
    I think these Elite 2017 threads are great.
    They could've made a bow that would land you a hot super model pulling up with a Ferrari full of Ben Franklins, and somebody would complain it wasn't a Lamborghini.

Roller gaurd, got it.
    Split Limb, got it.

If you're purely chasing speed, you were never an Elite shooter.
    They have 32 to 35 Ata bows. They have great hunting and target bows.
    They will never be feather light.
    They may look like another bow.
    They may look unique.

For crying out loud....shoot one or all of them....
    Amen

Maybe Ill try one this summer when people are selling them in the classifieds for 600$.

Looks like they pulled a lot of Mathews features into their lineup. I like Elite but the riser seems a bit bulky. Cant wait to shoot one to see if it changes my mind.

Looks like the next gen Bear Motive, which I owned a two bows ago. Not a knock against Bear as that was a great bow, but I moved to a Heli-m and now the Impulse 31 because I like the parallel limbs and a shorter A2A (and better resale value than Bear).

Solomon said it best, "there is nothing new under the sun."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 Elite Impulse 31 - Verde

"Now then, get your bow and arrows, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me." Genesis 27:3

I'm ready to shoot one and see how it feels to me. If the 6 isn't something that fits the bill then i'll be buying an Impulse 34 with V grip.
    "ELITE- Impulse 34"

Team 14 All Stars "Bucked Up"
    Team 32 "Bleed Em' & Reap"

Not a fan I'll look to get a nicely discounted E34 next year. Joe, in my experience split limb designs have a tendency to have cam lean problems. The last split limb I shot was a 97' Hoyt Deviator. Are modern split limbs better in this regard?
    "my doggie turned to me and he said, let's head back to Tennessee Jed"
    "Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, Mister Charlie told me so"
    I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

Every year I'm liking my old Elite's better , and better . JMO

The Revol has a bit of my attention for its specs, but I'm pretty certain that my Energy 35 will be staying right where it is as my hunting rig.
    Elite Energy 35 70# @28"
    Carter releases
    Korde's Kustom Longbow 50# @ 28"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Musto View Post
    Not a fan I'll look to get a nicely discounted E34 next year. Joe, in my experience split limb designs have a tendency to have cam lean problems. The last split limb I shot was a 97' Hoyt Deviator. Are modern split limbs better in this regard?
    The split limbs are likely an upgrade. I would be more concerned with that fixed roller than anything. In my experience a fixed roller on a binary cam with no ability to yoke tune can be more difficult to tune.
    Darton DS 3800 60#, 28.5DL, 400gr Eastons

Yep, if there's trouble with the fixed roller, maybe next year there will be an adjustable one....And the bow will be another couple hundred higher! Still loving my "old" Elite's!
    '16 Synergy, '09 GT 500---'12 Pulse
    Limbdrivers, Sword Centurion
    Proline threads, Doinker Dish
    GT Pro Hunters
    FOB's & Exodus

I want a revol with the yellow riser, but I will wait to find a used one next year. I don't see myself anytime in the near future spending that price on a new bare bow.

I'm still loving my '15 80# E35.
    Semper Fidelis

Looks like a new dropper and sight for the Z28 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by B4L Okie View Post
    Yep, if there's trouble with the fixed roller, maybe next year there will be an adjustable one....And the bow will be another couple hundred higher! Still loving my "old" Elite's!
    It is adjustable. It just doesn't flex.
    True humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less. - C. S. Lewis
    2015 Elite Synergy, 2010 Elite GT500, 2007 Hoyt Vectrix XL all 60# 29" DL
    Gold Tip Hunter XT 340 - 28"
    Rocket Steelhead 100 and 125

I've never rushed out to get a new bow, but I shot and then ordered an Option 7 in ninja black this morning. I'll be replacing/selling a much loved Synergy, but keeping an I34. I've shot Elites since late 2014, but have no particular allegiance to the brand. In fact, I was fairly set on ordering a Halon 32 when I drove to the dealer.

Even though I didn't pay full retail, I agree that the price tags are starting to get ridiculous. Oh well, I'll be more fiscally responsible in other areas of my life I suppose.
    Psalm 127: 4-5

Quote Originally Posted by huntbigb View Post
    How do you figure? Way different

Look at the specs. The 6" BH versions are within 1fps of each other, both 32" ATA, within 4/10ths of a pound, the cam shape is very similar though I'll admit not the same system, past parallel split limbs, roller guide, no matter how you slice it they're not 'way different.' The Reign is within 7fps, also only 4/10 of a pound lighter than the Halon, same ATA, roller guide, past parallel split limbs, even more similar cam design to the Halon (albeit with better adjustability). What makes them so different?

Quote Originally Posted by ATAhhshoot View Post
    Look at the specs. The 6" BH versions are within 1fps of each other, both 32" ATA, within 4/10ths of a pound, the cam shape is very similar though I'll admit not the same system, past parallel split limbs, roller guide, no matter how you slice it they're not 'way different.' The Reign is within 7fps, also only 4/10 of a pound lighter than the Halon, same ATA, roller guide, past parallel split limbs, even more similar cam design to the Halon (albeit with better adjustability). What makes them so different?
    Looks. Design.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAhhshoot View Post
    I literally just shot the Halon and he Option side by side. They look and feel nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by huntbigb View Post
    Looks. Design.

What specifically? And what do looks have to do with anything? It's basically just a stick of metal in between the working parts (limbs). You can make whatever design in there you want but it's still just a chunk of metal. I have had a Halon for a while now how does the Elite feel compared to the Halon? Which one did you like better? I would say the Halon is top heavy but overall balanced well. I haven't shot them side by side but on paper they all three sure look like damn near the same bow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast