Elite's Flagship Bows for 2017 - Page 2

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckA84 View Post
    If you want 7075 that bad you can buy a brand new PSE Inertia for a whopping $699...or Decree HD 32 for $799...oh and those both have split limbs and flexing anti torque cable systems.

I'm personally not seeing the justification for the massive price increase, but they are nice looking bows.
    Exactly! This is a case of GREED! Bye bye Elite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mathews Halon 6

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Love my elites and will 100% shoot one of the options. But I am already 99% Sure I will not shell out the bucks for one. Like another poster said all that "new" technology has been around for a while. I predict prices will drop if sales sag.

I wonder if the tempo riser is the 7075. It definitely does not have the double cage. I see that bow as an impulse with a few upgrades. If the price is right that might see healthy sales.
    My name ain't Richard but my wife calls me the Deerhuntindick

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I may be wrong but doesnt mathews run fixed rollers?

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Fixed rollers are not a step forward, they are a step back. I'd take a flex or angled slide - or even straight slide - way before a fixed roller. The only company dumb enough to used fixed rollers in the past handful of years was Hoyt and they came to their senses and developed the Zero Torque flex rollers to address the torque issues that fixed rollers cause. Nobody uses them anymore except the new geniuses at elite.

Split limbs have been used for decades. Elite is just getting with the program.

7075 has been used by a few manufacturers without the crazy price increases elite is pushing and while I don't think they are a bad idea, they've technically yet to be proven to add anything in terms of accuracy or tunability for shooters over other bows being made with 6000 series risers.

In addition, charging $100+ more than the established big boys is not a step forward but may instead be a step off a cliff.
    Elite
    DOE COMMANDER PRO STAFF

Mathews doesnt run fixed rollers?

Fixed rollers are not a step forward, they are a step back. I'd take a flex or angled slide - or even straight slide - way before a fixed roller. The only company dumb enough to used fixed rollers in the past handful of years was Hoyt and they came to their senses and developed the Zero Torque flex rollers to address the torque issues that fixed rollers cause. Nobody uses them anymore except the new geniuses at elite.

7075 has been used by a few manufacturers without the crazy price increases elite is pushing and while I don't think they are a bad idea, they've technically yet to be proven to add anything in terms of accuracy or tunability for shooters over other bows being made with 6000 series risers.

In addition, charging $100+ more than the established big boys is not a step forward but may instead be a step off a cliff.
    Elite
    DOE COMMANDER PRO STAFF

Elite's Flagship Bows for 2017

For the last two years Elite has done nothing or put out anything that has caught my interest. I will keep my 2010 bows that I have and shoot them till the break. With two kids in college shelling out 1098-1199 for a hunting bow is ridiculous. The average guy like me wants a bow that can shoot a pie plate at 20,30,40 yard.

Elite we are not all Levi type shooters. With your price tag you have eliminated a large part of the working class folks. You know the ones who go to work everyday, pay taxes and their kids college tuition. You are now just another company like the federal government completely out of touch with their fan base.

LH '13 Elite Pulse Black riser Max1 limbs
    LH '10 Elite Judge RTAP
    LH '10 Elite GT500 RTAP
    LH '10 Elite GT500 Black riser RTAP limbs

No, Mathews does not use fixed rollers (at least that operate in the same manner). They use reverse assist rollers that to some extent reduce torque during the draw cycle. The cables are on the other side of the rollers. The elite rollers will increase torque through the draw cycle just like the old Hoyt rollers did before the designers recognized the issue and fixed it. I'm not a huge fan of the Mathews design but it's not nearly as bad as the elite rollers. A flex roller is WAY better and frankly the new PSE system is probably the ultimate.

This sums it up. ^^

The pricing is certainly not compelling, but unfortunately we are seeing from others as well. Bowtech recently recleased their BT-Mag for $1299. I was waiting for Bowtech to release a longer ATA bow along the lines of the Reign, hoping that the draw cycle would be useable at 30", but at $1299 and their history with limbs no way would I even consider it. I have a PSE Evolve 35 on the way, well under $1000 with custom strings. I hope $1299 does not become the standard flagship Aluminum bow price.

As much as I don't like the prices , that's not the main reasons I'm turned off by Elite's new bows.
    I feel like I'm looking at my Hoyt without a yoke when I look at them.
    Other than the riser dual cage, they're pretty similar.
    I wish they had stayed "Elite". But if they did, guys would have screamed ..no innovation here.
    Bow design is starting to go toward car design. They all look alike.
    '14 ELITE ENERGY 32 REVERSE AT
    '16 ELITE IMPULSE 31
    '15 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo...the speed monster
    "ELITE MAFIA"

Quote Originally Posted by jcv400ex View Post
    Exactly! This is a case of GREED! Bye bye Elite!

Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    A fan of all bows.
    Keep the youth interested in the outdoors and archery. This sport depends on them.

Very well said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    A fan of all bows.
    Keep the youth interested in the outdoors and archery. This sport depends on them.

Quote Originally Posted by X-file View Post
    It seems elite is following suit with the car names. They went from a GT 500 to a Tempo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    classy

I think 1000$
    Would sure be my max on a new bow that I love.
    That's why I don't have a Hoyt carbon.
    I can't justify the extra money for the same job.
    My i34 was on sale brand new for 750$ in September.
    The new bows are almost double.
    Also in my opinion no company has offered a new bow with better specs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Okay. Here's another take on it. Was Elite able to provide ample amount of bows to dealers? If they figure we can only produce "X" amount of bows and not keep up with the demand....then what price point does demand go down to a manageable level and we do not loose profits?

2016 Mathews Halon 6

Does the 7075 have that distinct noise like a Prime bow with their 82x? I'm not sure what 82x is, but I would guess it would be close to 7075?

bow prices are crazy just figure as soon as you walk out of the shop your bow is worth 300 less I just buy a year old bow for half price.

I held the option 6 and 7 last night and don't burn me for saying this but this is going to be a bad year for elite.
    Mathews HALON (blackout), Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro, Spot Hogg HF, Tight Spot, Beestinger
    Prime Rize (blackout), Vaportrail LD Pro V, CBE Tek Hybrid, Tight Spot, Beestinger

Quote Originally Posted by PJC15 View Post
    I held the option 6 and 7 last night and don't burn me for saying this but this is going to be a bad year for elite.
    Well you understand that people will question your opinions on Elite's new bows since you have a HALON as your avatar... Why don't you explain your comments rather than just saying "this is going to be a bad year for elite".
    ELITE ENERGY 32
    Easton AXIS with 75 gr. Brass HIT Insert/125 gr. G5 Striker
    CBE TEK Hybrid Pro/VaporTrail Limb Driver Pro V/Bee Stinger

How does PSE use 7075 aluminum and not charge $1299....hmmmmm.....
    Affordable Canadian bear hunts N.W. Ontario, PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by PJC15 View Post
    You held it and that's the extent of your short review?

They don't have an investment group to keep happy...

Quote Originally Posted by whack n stack View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ex-wolverine View Post
    They don't have an investment group to keep happy...
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by whack n stack View Post
    It looks like the PSE risers require alot less metal and machining time. The dual risers cages look like they would add quite
    a bit of extra machining. I personally like the changes Elite has made. The wider limb platform should make for a more
    stable platform to control limb twist and the new grip looks to be a huge improvement from the previous banana shaped
    grips. I like the roller guard versus a cable slide also.
    2015 Darton Executive

I'm very interested to see this play out. My personal opinion is that these prices have far outpaced wage growth/inflation.

If they can pull this off, most all mfg's will follow suit. It'll be like the Rage sticker shock, when they dared to price 3 heads for $39.99. It worked for them and the rest followed to a large extent.

Quote Originally Posted by MSP21 View Post
    Well you understand that people will question your opinions on Elite's new bows since you have a HALON as your avatar... Why don't you explain your comments rather than just saying "this is going to be a bad year for elite".
    Your right, I do have a halon in my avatar. I also have a Prime Rize and Elite Energy 35. Its going to be a bad year for Elite because the new bows are not anything groundbreaking, way overpriced and IMO a step backwards possibly for them. The roller guard is a joke, not sure why they didnt go with something that flexes like everyone else has done. The grip looks an feels like something from 10 years ago and the black rough textured finish seemed cheap. The last good bows they have produced were the Energy and Synergy. Not impressed with anything they have done after that.
    Mathews HALON (blackout), Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro, Spot Hogg HF, Tight Spot, Beestinger
    Prime Rize (blackout), Vaportrail LD Pro V, CBE Tek Hybrid, Tight Spot, Beestinger

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast