Elite's Flagship Bows for 2017 - Page 6

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopher View Post
    Predator - Well said. I appreciate your honest opinions in regards to all bows and have never considered you a basher or a fanboy. Sometimes honest opinions hurt, but it is the way life works. I agree with at least 80% of your opinions on all of the various reviews that I have read. Keep it up and know that there are guys out here that appreciate the brutal honesty. I am going to write a better review of the Option 6 in the Elite forum on here, but here is a quick assessment of the two new Elites I shot last night.

Tempo - not sure what Elite was thinking on this one. The Synergy is one of Elite's most loved bows and this is not a renamed Synergy. The riser appears to be identical to the old Synergy, at least as far as we could tell directly comparing a Synergy to the Tempo. The new roller guide on the Tempo is not adjustable. It is a fixed roller guide with no adjustment that we could tell. It plugs into the identical 3/8" diameter cable rod hole, so I would guess that the old style could be used if wanted or the new style could be retrofitted to an old Synergy, but I cannot confirm that 100%. The draw on the new Tempo was smooth with just a slight increase or hump before it dropped into the valley. I would not call it a hump and dump, more just an increase before letoff. The valley is definitely a little shorter than the Synergy, but I would not call it jumpy or a short valley by any means. But again, not sure what Elite was thinking, because the Tempo has an IBO the same as the Synergy but the draw is definitely not as smooth or as easy as the Synergy. Not even close in my opinion. The draw is much better than any Impulses I have shot, but it has been a while, so my memory may be a little suspect. Again, this is a head scratcher for me. Same performance as a Synergy with a stiffer draw.

Option 6 - Smoother draw than the Tempo in my opinion. Just a steady pull to peak and then a nice taper into the valley. I did not feel any hump and dump at all. Valley is definitely shorter than previous Elites, but not objectionable or jumpy in my opinion, just different. I will admit that I did not like the looks of these bows from the release videos and pictures that I saw, but in person I liked the bow much better. A definite departure for Elite in styling, but I actually liked it in person. Fit and finish was typical Elite, I could not find any flaws. Roller guide looked well designed and seemed to function perfectly. I did not have a need to play with it, but I can bet that it works fine as a tuning measure and would help eliminate some clearance issues and paper tears. I wish they would have built something a little different, but in my opinion it will be a non-issue for most shooters. I am not a big grip snob (if that is a thing), as I can generally shoot most grips pretty well. But in my opinion, and for my hand, this new Elite grip is the best I have ever felt. It is like an improved V-Grip. My hand just finds the perfect spot every time and I do not need to contort it or move it to find the sweet spot. I love it. The most impressive thing about the new bow that I could actually feel was the stiffness of the riser. For reference, I shoot an Elite V37. With the new riser everything just felt and tracked perfectly. Before the shot, during shot execution, and after the shot. There was no twisting or moving of the riser in my hand, which I can actually feel a little with the V37, especially now after shooting this new riser. It's hard to describe, but I think the new riser material and especially the new lower riser cage make this new riser exceptionally stiff and true. After the shot, the bow just sat in my hand, no twist or jump. As dead on the shot as any other bow I have shot, and I have shot all of the new 2017 bows that my shop carries. Also as quiet as any other bow I have shot.

This is a little longer-winded than I originally anticipated, so I'll wrap it up. I hate the inflated prices that Elite is trying to charge, but I can understand at least part of it. The new riser design is pretty complex and the machining is extensive, so I can see that adding a chunk to the overall price, as well as the 7075 aluminum. To me the riser machining is probably up there with some of the shoot-through designs, and I think everybody knows they charge a premium for those, so it is what it is. I think Elite would have been better served by lowering their MSRP at least $100, but I also think they are trying to see what the market will bare. It may well backfire on them, time will tell. I can say that I think this is the best shooting bow in this spec range, I just wish it was $200 cheaper. Unfortunately for me, the bow I really want to shoot, and will probably end up buying, is the Revol. For what I am currently looking for in a bow(outdoor and 3D as well as hunting), it just fits my specs better. But if I was looking for a 32" ATA bow with a 6" or 7" brace, the Elite Options would be right at the top of my list, along with the PSE Evolve 31 and the Prime Centergy.
    Nice write up man thanks! I don't think they are ugly bows at all and when I get a chance I will go shoot them! I was however disappointed in there release production and the live feed was epic fail IMO. I am very disappointed in there pricing this year. I think they are killing the little bow shops here..If they sell the bow at a competitive price against PSE, Mathews, Hoyt and Bowtech the dealers will hardly make anything. I have always liked Elite and I think this release might of killed them in my area.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Killratio View Post
    Nice write up man thanks! I don't think they are ugly bows at all and when I get a chance I will go shoot them! I was however disappointed in there release production and the live feed was epic fail IMO. I am very disappointed in there pricing this year. I think they are killing the little bow shops here..If they sell the bow at a competitive price against PSE, Mathews, Hoyt and Bowtech the dealers will hardly make anything. I have always liked Elite and I think this release might of killed them in my area.
    I agree 100% with their release production. It was one of the worst I have ever seen, no question about it, and did more harm than good in my opinion. If you are going to go to the trouble of making such a spectacle, at least have the forethought to rehearse it a little and get your over-paid announcer to read through his cards a few times before going live. Whatever they paid him it was not worth it at all. In my opinion, the release would have been more successful with Reo, Nathan, Tommy and the other pro shooters introducing the bows on stage. I think the Elite fans would have much rather seen that.

I also agree 100% on the pricing. I think that Elite is going to take a serious hit this year, just my opinion. Especially in slightly or severely depressed markets around the country. And small shops will be dropping Elite like crazy I have a feeling. I will probably end up with a Revol, and maybe even an Option 6 or 7 coming hunting season if the mood strikes me, but I am fortunate in that I can afford to buy pretty much any bow (or bows) that I want. Even though I can afford it, it still doesn't mean that I like it, and I definitely think it is bad for the archery industry in general.
    Dave Copher
    Elite V37, 29"/65lb
    Axcel AX3000 with Shrewd Scope
    QAD HDX

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Coug09 View Post
    I don't see an issue with the price personally. Now I would had Elite not made some advances with the split limbs, 7075 aluminum and roller guard.

Elite is taking a step forward with technology and you're paying for it. The 7075 aluminum is a big deal to me.

Kudos to Elite for taking steps forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but they are still stuck in the same place with slaved binary cams. With the addition of split limbs I would have liked to see a tunable yolk system.

Pred does state the obvious as do others but we get bashed for telling facts and giving opinions which is what a lot of threads ask for...If you don't want negative opinion or facts don't ask...Bottom line!

7. Quote Originally Posted by HEART STOPPER80 View Post
    Pred does state the obvious as do others but we get bashed for telling facts and giving opinions which is what a lot of threads ask for...If you don't want negative opinion or facts don't ask...Bottom line!
    U obviously havent been around here too long..

10 posts and a join date of sept. 2016... right on..

[QUOTE=dcopher;1099294209]

Thanks for the comments Dave and I appreciate the write-up. Consistently hearing the draw cycle has been smoothed out which is good because the Impulse bows didn't fit that description. Draw cycle and valley sounds much like an Obsession - which is exactly what Shane said elsewhere. Of course you can get an Obsession much cheaper. I don't think the roller guide is well designed in that it's fixed and should be flex. I loved the V grip - maybe my favorite grip in the industry. I was disappointed they dropped it in favor of a new one but haven't handled it so have no idea whether I would like it more or less. I'll be interested to see what I think when I do get my hands on one. Stiffness of riser is interesting but not sure comparing a 32" to a 37" ATA bow is a good comparison on riser stiffness. That said, based on the way they designed it the riser should be stiff. I personally think this is more marketing than practical reality as I've frankly not encountered issues with riser stiffness having any notable effect on my tuning or accuracy across quite a number of bows from quite a number of brands. I think we all agree the pricing is a bit out of control on these - design may warrant a slightly increased cost to build but that doesn't mean the market is willing to pay for the premium over better known brands just because elite dreamt up an excessively complicated and expensive way to build a riser.

We shall see how it all plays out.
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives."
    Bowtech * Obsession*Stan Shootoff * Hamskea Versa Rest * B-Stinger & DCA * Axcel * BE Rampage arrows * Swarovski Binoculars * DDH Outdoors (aka "Hoppy") * John's Custom Archery (aka "Breathn") * 2nd Chance Archery (aka "Brdymakr")

I may be the only one but I would like to see Elite try to tweak their cam so they can be either limb stop or cable stop. I know many like the deep valley and hard back wall, but why not try to have both in a cam to give the shooter an option. IDK, May be easier said than done.

Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by PWOODNC View Post
    I may be the only one but I would like to see Elite try to tweak their cam so they can be either limb stop or cable stop. I know many like the deep valley and hard back wall, but why not try to have both in a cam to give the shooter an option. IDK, May be easier said than done.

Thoughts.
    Hoyt does that so look for it in 2022 from Elite. I kid I kid!

Quote Originally Posted by HEART STOPPER80 View Post
    I've been bashed numerous times for doing the same thing. Most of the time I remind them they are acting like a 3rd grader and move on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    A fan of all bows.
    Keep the youth interested in the outdoors and archery. This sport depends on them.

Quote Originally Posted by PWOODNC View Post

Thoughts.
    Like hoyt did last year. It's a nice option

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    A fan of all bows.
    Keep the youth interested in the outdoors and archery. This sport depends on them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6