Raven add

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Thread: Raven add

Raven add

I just read my new Wisconsin Bowhunter magazine.
    There is a big write-up about the Ravin, and the meet your next rifle statement, as well as 3" groups at 100 yards.
    There was also a statement about a person who shot a Buck at a ridiculous distance, with a complete passthrough.
    They are talking about changing the season for crossbows,because they are not fair.
    Hope none of this happens.
    RAVIN PLEASE NO MORE DUMB ADDS !!!

That's no good
    Mission MXB 400 black XBR scope Leupold Vendetta
    Mission MXB 400 camo XBR scope
    Mission MXB 320 camo XB1 scope
    Spynal Tapp's FOC broadheads.
    BEE's with Rage hypos.

I predicted this months ago when I saw their add "Meet Your Next Rifle" for the first time!! Only a matter of time before this gets much more traction by the "Crossbow Anti's" and starts impacting our current crossbow seasonal integration and the whole issue of future inclusion. Talk about Ravin shooting themselves, the entire industry and all of us as crossbow enthusiasts in the foot. From my perspective only one word can describe it "PATHETIC"!!

Additional FYI; I've already sent two e-mails to Ravin management expressing my extreme displeasure with their "Crossbow Print Ad's" comparing their crossbow to rifles but am convinced they couldn't care less. Too bad for all of us, even those who've opted to purchase the Ravin product as we'll all be negatively impacted by this someday.

great design and innovative technology by the company, but I agree....the add they put out was absolutely the dumbest thing any archery company would put out, completely ****ing stupid, whoever put that idea together should have their head checked
    PSE Ghost Ilf 17''/TradTech Blackmax Carbons 45#

Not good for crossbow hunters and maybe a little false info. 3"groups at 100yds with 6 arrows they supply. Yeah right.
    NRA Member. Are you?

Their bows have a lot of potential...don't care for their ads though!
    2015 Stryker Solution LS 390, XBR, BEE's, Lumenoks, Rage Hypo. 100

2016 Scorpyd Orion Extreme 175 LE, XBR, Spynal Tapps, Lumenoks, NAP FOC

Yes the bow has potential just not with thier arrows. And if you shoot anything but their arrows. They say your warranty is gone. The warranty real don't matter to me. But some folks it is. Again their add sucks for xbow hunters.
    NRA Member. Are you?

Geekster, they really need to get their arrow and rest situation sorted out. I really don't know if their average buyer knows the difference though!
    2015 Stryker Solution LS 390, XBR, BEE's, Lumenoks, Rage Hypo. 100

2016 Scorpyd Orion Extreme 175 LE, XBR, Spynal Tapps, Lumenoks, NAP FOC

You are right must don't. Even a few on here would be satisfied with 6" groups at 50yds.lol
    NRA Member. Are you?

The Wisconsin Bowhunters have a large voice in our state,just hope calmer heads prevail.
    Those of us that need this weapon to enjoy archery hunting don't want, or need a shorter season.
    This was the reason we had to specify, bow, or crossbow on our license. Sad.

About ... what I'd expect from the guy who PT Barnum-ed Rage broadheads into a "must have" for every naïve newbie.
    Wyvern Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, FOC's & Spitfire Wyvern Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, ACUdraw. Swarovski bino. Leica rangefinder. RS64, PVS14 NODs. Surefire, Fenix, Zebralight, Thrunite & Olight lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

From a marketing standpoint archers are not who they are after, it's converting gun hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Concept Archery Mini29 60#
    Browning Illusion 70#
    Bowtech Stryker SZ380
    Middleton 355ss/400ss
    Excal 405 Mega

You'll find lots of Barnett adds in non archery/crossbow magazines. Must be working for them. Ravin's add suggesting it could be one's next rifle was a mistake, especially considering how asinine some state's regulations already are. I think Ravin will survive their startup hiccups and I hope they do because, IMO, their compound crossbow's revolutionary basic design is that good. Again, JMO:-)
    MOON

Super Small Excalibur Recurve Crossbows - A Tradition of Excellence Hidden Content

430 fps ....just to play with

Quote Originally Posted by geekster View Post
    Yes the bow has potential just not with thier arrows. And if you shoot anything but their arrows. They say your warranty is gone. The warranty real don't matter to me. But some folks it is. Again their add sucks for xbow hunters.
    Is passing a lie detector test required for Ravin warranty work?

Nope but why should have to tell one just to get the $1500.00 bow to shoot as it should.
    NRA Member. Are you?

Researching Ravin is why I began following CT. Now I'm interested in several xbows however Ravin is not one of them.
    Do you think the new company is just ignorant to the implications of their adds, or do you believe they just don't care? I'm sure even if they change the content of their adds it will take months to cycle thru the old ones set to print.

Honestly I think they were just excited about thier new product. They just made a very bad decision on relating thier xbow with a rifle.
    NRA Member. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by geekster View Post
    Honestly I think they were just excited about thier new product. They just made a very bad decision on relating thier xbow with a rifle.
    I disagree ... I think they knew exactly what they were doing and precisely what the consequences would be. And couldn't care less about the community as a whole. It's about creating a crap storm of free publicity and selling piles of their bows. Selling to the same crowd that blindly swallowed the Rage Broadhead slickster advertising.
    Wyvern Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, FOC's & Spitfire Wyvern Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, ACUdraw. Swarovski bino. Leica rangefinder. RS64, PVS14 NODs. Surefire, Fenix, Zebralight, Thrunite & Olight lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Just a throw-back on Fred Bears ad of yesteryear encouraging people to pick up a bow and becoming a two season deer hunter. Getting rifle hunters into (crossbow) archery.

Ain't nothing new.
    Life is about relationships and experiences