Comfortable tree stand

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Comfortable tree stand

What tree stand would you look for if you had back pain ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I've heard Summit makes a good one, though I don't know for sure. I use climbing stands but wouldn't recommend them if you have a bad back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

my back is crap, injured it fooling around then had a car crash few months after. The viper is amazing for all day sits IMO never have back pain in it. Switched to a hangon setup and it will be fine for a half day hunt i need to stand more.

the mellinum m60u looks like it should work well for a hang on, large seat.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: tradtech titan II w/ blackmax carbon extreme limbs , Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I have never found one.

^^Haha. Ours are comfortable for long days. I've also heard Lone Wolf is good for hang-ons.
    HOME OF THE ORIGINAL BUCKSHOT BIGSHOT & EQUALIZER GEARED LEVELING TREE STANDS

Hidden Content

BACK IN BUSINESS WITH THE SAME TREE STANDS YOU KNOW AND TRUST

PHONE: 910-251-0411 EMAIL: Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I have found that sling seats and the option of a foot rest at a different level than the stand helps me a lot. But the foot rest is a must for me. I have a terrible back as well. I sit in ladder stands as permanent stands, all have the sling and foot rest. I use an api bowhunter climber and that also is comfortable, again sling seat and a foot rest.
    This year I am dedicating myself to a tree saddle and the ladder stands.

Mind if I ask what's wrong with your back? I have a few herniated discs so it's sort of always bad lol.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Not sure you were talking about me, but I will answer it anyway. Multiple herniated discs, disc degenerative disease, no fluid in the discs. Leads to drop foot, lose of feeling in lower leg, sciatic pain ... I was told I needed surgery about 10 years ago. But as I have slowed down I have less opportunity to aggravate it. Something that I just deal with but need to be aware of things to work with it. I still play golf and tennis just not as much as I used to, I think the golf swing is a problem. I avoid heavy awkward lifting. Stands that have a small seat close to the tree is a no go for me.

Yes, I was asking you. Wow, you have it a lot worse than I do! I'm amazed that you can still play golf! They've recommended surgery for me, but I have heard so many horror stories that I'll just deal with it. I have been offered injections as well, but I would rather not go that route. Good luck!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I do not golf that much anymore, I think my worst times was when I would golf a few days a week. Same with tennis, once maybe twice a week. I also am scared of surgery. When the doctor told me that was my only option, I was like ... it was nice to meet you, lets go babe this appointment is over. My wife thought I was nuts lol. In all honesty I find myself asking myself before doing most things, will this hurt my back?

Im over 60 and my body is a mess. All kinds of injuries, surgeries and arthritis. I havent used every stand out there. But a Summit Viper climber is about as comfortable as I have ever used. Its very easy to climb with also. For fixed stand Id have to say any ladder stand that has arm rests and a fold up seat.

Quote Originally Posted by SinglePin322 View Post
    I do not golf that much anymore, I think my worst times was when I would golf a few days a week. Same with tennis, once maybe twice a week. I also am scared of surgery. When the doctor told me that was my only option, I was like ... it was nice to meet you, lets go babe this appointment is over. My wife thought I was nuts lol. In all honesty I find myself asking myself before doing most things, will this hurt my back?
    I agree with your view on surgery. I've met so many people who ended up in worse shape because of surgery, it's just not an option. Physical therapy helped a bit, though you really have to stick with it in order for it to be a success.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by EqualizerMan View Post
    I agree with your view on surgery. I've met so many people who ended up in worse shape because of surgery, it's just not an option. Physical therapy helped a bit, though you really have to stick with it in order for it to be a success.
    I have found that daily stretching really helps also, keeping my hamstrings stretched always helps. In college I would get moist heat, electric stim, and have the trainer stretch me out everyday before tennis practice or matches. Those were the days! Now 20 years later, stretching sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddPhillips View Post
    I've heard Summit makes a good one, though I don't know for sure. I use climbing stands but wouldn't recommend them if you have a bad back.
    Most sit and climb stands come with or can be modified with a sling seat like a Summit. Any stand with a sling style seat that is adjustable and a foot rest would be better than most for people with bad backs. You can adjust the seat to your needs. Being able to put your foot on a rest, takes the pressure off the back of the legs and the lower back.
    Jim Litmer VP Sales Hidden Content 1-800-339-0232

International customers..................... ..... please order by email Hidden Content

Please help us spread the word to your friends through social media. They will thank you later. I will thank you now.

Quote Originally Posted by SinglePin322 View Post
    Not sure you were talking about me, but I will answer it anyway. Multiple herniated discs, disc degenerative disease, no fluid in the discs. Leads to drop foot, lose of feeling in lower leg, sciatic pain ... I was told I needed surgery about 10 years ago. But as I have slowed down I have less opportunity to aggravate it. Something that I just deal with but need to be aware of things to work with it. I still play golf and tennis just not as much as I used to, I think the golf swing is a problem. I avoid heavy awkward lifting. Stands that have a small seat close to the tree is a no go for me.
    Had to quit playing golf years and tennis ago. I don't miss the golf but the tennis. Anyway, I lifted, turned, stepped down and ruptured my L5 S1 disc in October. I was scared of the knife as my dad had two horrible back surgeries 50 years ago. I must say that they have come a long way in back surgery. First time in 30 years that I am sciatic pain free. You will know when it is your time. Just do it, when your time comes.

International customers..................... ..... please order by email Hidden Content

Please help us spread the word to your friends through social media. They will thank you later. I will thank you now.

Back pain is no fun, that's for sure. I've had several epidurals and don't recommend those either. They may help in the short-term but ultimately cause more damage than good (in my opinion). Again, physical therapy has had the most success for me.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Some back issues can be fixed through chiropractic manipulation and exercise therapy. Steroid shots can relieve the pain but do nothing to fix the problem. If the disc is that bad that it cost you any quality of life for a long period of time, do yourself a favor and find a good surgeon. I put up with my back issues for 30 years and finally had surgery. 4 months later still doing theropy, but without any pain.

Rivers edge oasis or uppercut ladder stands. They have the mesh seat with backrest. I was able to sit a few all day sits this past season and stayed comfortable.

PSE Bowmadness 34- HHA XL5510, Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro, shrewd stabs, goldtip 340 prohunters

I have one of the old equalizers and have a lonewolf sling seat on it. Probably would work on the new version also.

I used to get back pain from sitting with my back straight against a tree for long periods of time in my tree stand, so I ended up making my own solution. Thermarest makes a self inflating adjustable back support pillow. I found a local gal who does custom sewing projects and for $15 she made me a zippered pouch for it with a nylon belt attached to it so I could clip it around my waist. I can open the valve and deflate it flat so it fits in my backpack and takes up very little room in my pack. When I get to my tree I simple open the valve to inflate it, clip on the belt and go sit in my stand. I can open the valve again and easily re-adjust it if I need to let a little air out and with the belt feature I don't need to worry about it falling out of the tree. IMG_2756.JPGIMG_2757.JPG
    Tenpoint Titan Extreme