Sniper Trigger Upgrade

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Sniper Trigger Upgrade

If you have some tools, a little shop skill and the interest, this upgrade to your CenterPoint Sniper 370 will reduce trigger travel at least 50%.

The bracket to allow for sear adjustment gets installed and a small change (.020 to .030) to the pin top length will greatly improve the Sniper's long trigger pull.

Mounted2.jpg

Bracket and Pin.JPG

The trigger assembly needs to be removed and a 10/32 X 1" screw hole is added to secure the small bracket.

Here is the detail for the bracket:

BracketDrawing2.JPG

A trigger pressure modification is in the works as well which will change the stock 5-6 lb pull to 3-4 lb pull.

If you want to know more about the trigger upgrade watch the Forum or feel free to contact me.

Normal disclaimers apply: This change affects warranty and any change to the xbow design is done at your own risk. Small children and pregnant women should refrain from attempting this.....

Nice mod.
    Patriot Supermag 289# @ 12.5"
    DTM SS 272# @ 11.75"
    bba magnum 243# @ 13.5" Spares 240# @ 13.5"
    BABU 3.0 225# @ 14" Just for fun, ATMHidden Content

The spring engineering was completed today and I've got a new one designed and the build underway. I hope to have them in hand and tested about this time next week. More to come.....

SpringEng.jpg

And I've got a few more brackets and mounting hardware for Sniper owners that need them.

TriggerParts2.JPG

The springs are done! I tested a new and used Sniper and trigger pull is 3.8 lbs. with this spring. That's a 2 lb. improvement down from the original 5.8 lbs. I think we're there.

3.8 lb Springs V2.jpg

Weller Tool 3.8.JPG

Holy crap!!! Does it cut down on trigger travel? I need one of these...Please

It does Doc. Travel goes from 9/16" to 1/4". Less than half of the original pull length. Drop me a note at my email - a914guy@aol.com and I'll get you more information about it.

email sent

I just sent an email for more info, thanks!

Good luck with the new Sniper Dan! If I can help with the trigger just let me know.

I did an interesting install last night on a Sniper for a disabled archer. He is a Quad and uses a mouth operated slave trigger. His chair mount works best with an adjustable stock AR style xbow so he has a Sniper but the standard trigger pull length and pressure were too much for his slave. The 1/4" pull and 3.8 lb break should now work perfectly. More to come on that setup.