Sight for BHFS

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Thread: Sight for BHFS

Sight for BHFS

What sight and pin size for BHFS?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Most all of the top competitors in this class shoot a pin sight with a cross hair. Spott Hogg-Hogg it is the most popular. I have seen other sights that are modified with a cross hair. I shoot .029 fibers. You are going to probably hear people say shoot as small a fiber, like .010. Remember that the smaller the aiming point the more movement it will show. Some archers can deal with that and it does not effect shot execution, others are better with the larger pin size. Your eyes have something to do with this. The older we get the less clear the pin, and bigger are easier to see.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. That is the sight I was leaning towards anyway so will start looking in the classified adds. Now need to figure out something on stabilizers. I only have a ^ inch Beestinger now.

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

The new Spott Hogg-Hogg it has an improved level bubble. The version before the newest one, has a smaller level. That was really the only downside of the Hogg-it in the past was the tiny bubble. It appears they have remedied that situation. I have not see the new "in person" Hogg it, only photos. It looks to be much improved. I use Bee Stinger bars, but there are many makers out there now with great products. The side bar is really something to think about. There have been great scores shot without side bars, but I believe overall the scores in BHFS have gone up due to this reduced restriction in the equipment. Some bows it helps hold more than others. I have never liked V-bars, but there are competitors who uses them.

I have to decide what sidebar mount to get and use my 6 inch beestinger on it. Any suggestions for the front? Was thinking 10 inch and get a quick disconnect.

I use a Bowfinger Bark buster mount in the lower mounting hole on my Elite. I just got the side bar mount and really like it. The front stabilizer is measured from the bow including any quick disconnect.

Will check it out.

I'm not a fan of spott hog. Mostly due to the bubble. But it sounds like they improved that.,
    I just ordered the CBE tek hybrid for my target sight. It's a five pin with slider.
    For $100 I can get a single pin head, switch it out make a rest adjustment and shoot a indoor arrow .

CBE sights are top notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk