Best target arrows

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Best target arrows

What is the best target arrows?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Lots of good choices...Black eagle gold tip easton Amy arrow can be a target arrow. If your looking for a fat shaft a black eagle PS 23 or 26 is a good choice
    Shooting staff for new breed archery,shrewd,walk on archery products,bohning archery, black eagle arrows, and tru ball/axcel

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I'm trying to decide myself. I have been thinking about going with the GT series 22. But haven't decided yet.
    15 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo Harvest Brown
    QAD, Black Gold Ascent Verdict Single Pin, Da Torch, Magnus

10 Hoyt Carbon Matrix
    QAD, Axcel Armourtech 5 pin, GT22

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I have been shooting gold tip x-cutters for years and they are a awesome arrow, I would recommend them to anyone. This year I am starting the season with gold tip series 22's, I cut them to 28 inches and put 120 grain points in them with gto bushings and gto nocks and the 2.1 fusion vanes on them. I have shot them for about a month and they are shooting very well and my 12 count has been strong. I haven't seen a difference in the 12 count between them and the x cutters, I am shooting k50 with them and with crowded 12 rings hopefully they can squeeze in there nicely.

I am assuming you mean best for 3D targets? Are you shooting known or unknown? What class are you shooting? Do you need screw in points (hunter classes)? How are your distance judging skills if unknown? There is no one "best" arrow. Are you a beginner? Are you shooting ASA speed limit, what is your draw length and how many pounds do you want to shoot? My wife shoots women's bow hunter at 44 pounds and 24" shaft and is required to shoot screw in points. I shoot unknown 40 yards in the senior so I shoot a skinny at tow with very heavy point and tiny vanes to reduce drag.
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30 and 34
    2015 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 ZT
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo Z5 (2)
    2010, 2011, 2013 Hoyt Matrix
    Fuse ES, HHA Kingpin, Victory RIP XV, HV, Hell Razor, Stan Shootoff, Scott Shark

Quote Originally Posted by pottergreg View Post
    I am assuming you mean best for 3D targets? Are you shooting known or unknown? What class are you shooting? Do you need screw in points (hunter classes)? How are your distance judging skills if unknown? There is no one "best" arrow. Are you a beginner? Are you shooting ASA speed limit, what is your draw length and how many pounds do you want to shoot? My wife shoots women's bow hunter at 44 pounds and 24" shaft and is required to shoot screw in points. I shoot unknown 40 yards in the senior so I shoot a skinny at tow with very heavy point and tiny vanes to reduce drag.
    Exactly!

If you have NO affiliation with any manufacturer then you might shoot different brand "target" arrows depending on your needs. There's no functional reason to use only one brand arrow for every game.
    - I've been using Easton 2712's for indoor spots but shot a few 60 X games with Carbon Express X-Jammers.
    - If you also shoot US Archery then you must use 23 diameter shafts.
    - I shoot Known class in ASA and my Carbon Express LineJammers have done extraordinarily well for me. I have become fond of these arrows.
    - I have only a 26" draw so if I shot unknown class I might go with an even lighter weaker spined shaft so it might be a 23 diameter
    - I used FatBoys and/or CXL's with screw-in points when I shot IBO. Black Eagle Challengers are 23 diameter and have done well on the tournament trail.
    - If you need say a real soft spine and light weight arrow for a short draw and low draw weight you might shoot Gold Tip Velocities maybe the light Black Eagle shaft.

For a 27 diameter shaft that isn't heavy the Carbon Express X-Jammer is good. Easton SuperDrive 25's are popular. Gold Tip doesn't make a light weight fat shaft shaft but if you have a long enough draw and not light draw weight they have some excellent arrows. Some folks don't care for the weakest spine Black Eagle Magnums but the heavier spined Magnums have won a bunch of stuff. I'd put my 25 diameter LineJammers up against anything on the market.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PSE Decree, Xpression 3D
    Stan ShootOff and Sable releases

I've went back to the 22's for the last two years shooting unknown for the speed. They group good and very tough arrows.
    Hidden Content Elite GT-500 Next G1 Hidden Content Elite Victory 37 Titanium Hidden Content Hummingbird Bamboo Kingfisher Hidden Content Mathews Halon-X Comp
    Bodoodle Arrow Rest - CBE Sights - Bee Stinger Stabilizers - Specialty Archery Peeps - Gold Tip Arrows - Carter Releases
    Owner of Sage Creek 3D Archery Range - Look us up on the web and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
    I have been shooting gold tip x-cutters for years and they are a awesome arrow, I would recommend them to anyone. This year I am starting the season with gold tip series 22's, I cut them to 28 inches and put 120 grain points in them with gto bushings and gto nocks and the 2.1 fusion vanes on them. I have shot them for about a month and they are shooting very well and my 12 count has been strong. I haven't seen a difference in the 12 count between them and the x cutters, I am shooting k50 with them and with crowded 12 rings hopefully they can squeeze in there nicely.
    High profile Fusion 2.1"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a lot of shooters I know like the 22,s

Quote Originally Posted by jdw2920 View Post
    What is the best target arrows?
    I have like my xcutter pro's for DAIR and 3d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some ps26 built and really like them

Too many choices!

Victory NVX 25 V.1 They have a coating on them that keeps from having to use so much lube. Great arrows.

nano pro's or x10's

I am going to give Superdrive 23's a try but getting them in Canada is a bit of a pain.

I have shot the FatBoy's in IBO for 2 years now and they have done very well for me.. I also like the black eagle magnums but I cant afford them... haha
    If your looking for a smaller diameter arrow I would recommend Victory VAP's I have had good luck with those as well.

I just set up some SuperDrive 23's and am coming off the series 22's and so far I like the 23's better.
    375 spine is just right with the poundage I want to shoot whereas the 22's I felt were overly stiff.
    I think the more you can match the spine the better off you are

3D I use CXLs and GT X Cutters.
    If you wanna save a few bucks on the GTs buy the non pro version...cut a cpl inches off the back and they are as good as the pros.
    <*{{{{{-<