Quiet thumb release

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Quiet thumb release

I just got a Hot Shot Eclipse release. Its awesome, but it's louder than I expected. Any way to make it quieter? Any suggestions on a quiet thumb release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

The Tru Ball Blade is super quiet.
    Hidden Content
    Coaching Packages - Form, Shot Execution, & Tuning

Tuesday's Tip of The Week on YouTube - Hidden Content

Instagram/Facebook - @rcrchery #rcherytips

Archery Squad Pro Staff RobertRankin20Off for 20% Discount Code

Twisted X Bowstrings Pro Staff
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RCR_III View Post
    The Tru Ball Blade is super quiet.
    x2 Quieter than my sx3, nock 2 it, and abyss.

2017 PSE Evolve 35 / Spott Hogg Edge / Accutouch Carbon Pro / Shadow Stablizers
    2015 Supra Max / Spott Hogg Edge / Achieve CXL / Shadow Stabilizer
    2015 Bear Arena 34 / Spott Hogg Edge / Accutouch Carbon Pro / Shadow Stabilizer
    2015 Elite V39 / Spott Hogg Edge / MBG competition sight / Shadow Stablizers

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Carter whisper
    try it you'll like it
    Doc Stone

TRU Ball Blade is quiet for a cocking style release. There are ones that are totally silent but they are now where near the quality of the cocking style releases.
    My thinking is the shot is louder than the release anyway. I've never shot with fellows and heard their release when they shot.
    All for HIS glory! / Hunt hard or go home!
    09 Elite GT 500 Ninja / 08.5 GT 500 G1 camo
    T.R.U. Ball Shooting Staff
    Steves Archery / Twin Oaks Archery

Thanks for the info and recommendations!

What about the Scott Exxus?

My hot shot vapor 4 is super quiet

Archeryshack Field Staff
    archeryshackstrings.com

Before you buy a new release, set up a video outside. Set the camera or phone 20ft-25ft away from you and shoot a few shots. Can you hear the release?

Remember, the release is right next to your ear when you shoot it. My guess is that it is quieter than your bow.

Quote Originally Posted by SHPoet View Post
    Before you buy a new release, set up a video outside. Set the camera or phone 20ft-25ft away from you and shoot a few shots. Can you hear the release?

Remember, the release is right next to your ear when you shoot it. My guess is that it is quieter than your bow.
    Thats a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GrwatBritton View Post

Its ok but not as good as a Carter or Stan. I had a Carter Whisper and it was very quiet. The only reason I got rid of it is I like a release that will clip on to my D loop for hunting. I would look for quality over less noise.
    Xpedition Denali, Max1/Defcon.
    Bowtech Reign 7, Raid.
    Stan, Spot Hogg, Hamskea, Victory.

Thats a great idea.

Also, I shoot a Carter Simple One. They are very quiet and typical Carter quality.

While the Stans and Carters are very crisp, my favorite release is the TRU Ball Max Hunter 3.
    My Chappy Boss is my spare.
    "Archery is a very humbling sport." - Bob Mackie (1954-2014); range time donator and unpaid instructor to hundreds of schoolchildren, scouts, underprivileged, and brain injured.

What are you shooting now?

I've asked this question before. And while some are louder than others, thumb releases sound louder than they really are because they are right next to your ear.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

I've done this
    To me from 13 yards away with my phone recording the shot from the target side of things I can't tell the difference in sound between the loudests carter release I own and just shooting fingers.

This subject comes up a lot but no one has ever had a deer or other animal duck a shot because their release was too loud

Carter Whisper is the quietest one I've found...
    Obsession, Mathews, Spot Hogg, QAD, Ktech, Easton, Carter...

Scott exxus is pretty quiet mild click on setting the release but on the shot very little noise.

Nearly all thumb releases with a sear will make some noise. I assure you, it's not that loud, it's just up by your ear so you can hear it easily. If you have a release that's louder than your bow going off.........can I buy your bow?
    Bear Anarchy HC x2
    Bear Anarchy SC (hunting)
    Bear Frankenbow (indoor bow)
    60th Anniversary Bear Kodiak Magnum 40#
    Cabela's Limited Edition Outfitter Recurve by Damon Howatt

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinsker View Post
    Nearly all thumb releases with a sear will make some noise. I assure you, it's not that loud, it's just up by your ear so you can hear it easily. If you have a release that's louder than your bow going off.........can I buy your bow?
    Exactly!!

I just got a Hot Shot Eclipse release. Its awesome, but it's louder than I expected. Any way to make it quieter? Any suggestions on a quiet thumb release?

I am glad you are liking the release, other than the noise. No, there is no way to make it more quiet. I also think there is no reason to worry about it. I use the Hot Shot X-Spot which has the same mechanism as your release. I have killed 23 animals with it since I started using it last January. Watch this video clip and keep in mind the camera is about 2 feet from my release at the shot. Do you hear it? I also have been in situations in which I have had to cock and clip onto the loop with animals close and haven't had an issue, though I don't claim you will always be able to get away with that.

watch our hunting and bowfishing webcast at AimNLowTV.com

Thanks for the videos!

My Exxus isn't very quiet - works well, though. I just wouldn't want to try and re-arm it with a deer around. I'd like to try a Hot Shot.
    '07 Guardian 62 lbs/27", Limbdriver, B-Stinger 12"/14oz, Spot Hogg Hunter, TightSpot Quiver, Anchor Sight, Hoyt Slide

hot shot vapor

After shooting it, I'mnot concerned at all. The bow is louder and from any distance its a non issue. I actually really like the release. I've shoot some that for my hand slightly better, so I don't ok know if I'll keep it, but it's very well made and I love the ability to adjust all that I can on it. Definitely turnede into a Hot Shot fan.