Girl and her Pig

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Girl and her Pig

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kellyann.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	5549113 First off there needs to be some background to the story. Where I hog hunt here in Florida is a very quiet community near Vero Beach. In the gated community we have a huge pool that many of us gather to bs and tell lies. Most of the people her are in the 70s and 80s. I am 60 and my wife is 51. So when I get a hog every so often they will all ask about the hunt and what I do with the meat etc... Anyways this one gal who is 70 and I must say a very energetic 70 says " can I go". I looked at her husband and he said he was cool and my wife also was ok with it too. I happen to have a 2 man ladderstand set up on my 3 spots. I said yes I will take you but on a few conditions.. No perfume, no chit chat in the tree and your going to help track , gut and haul. So last week during a amazing full moon here we were sitting like a couple of school kids. It was no doubt a magical night. The moon was just coming up and the palm tree we were in was swaying in the breeze. It was a good time. What was better was we had hogs making noise in the swamp and had them come in. But not all the way in.. Then she spotted a huge slob of a boar just to my right.. I said Kelly how long has that been there? She said about 2 minutes, I then said why didn't you tell me? She said I thought is was a cow? LMAO. It was huge, I guestimate it was a 250LB for sure.. I had no shot..
    So we get down and that was that. I figured well she had her fill of hog hunting and its all done and over with. No way, she said when can we go back out. No problem be ready at 8.30pm and we will give it a try since these hogs are feeding around 11 pm... Around 10 ish last night this dry sow and 3 others came in making a bunch of noise. First opportunity I had I took the broadside shot and then the ole firenock is light up like a roman candle.. Guys I thought she was gona crap herself... She was in 7th heaven. So we get down and we both start tracking through the saw grass and knee deep water. Then under a barbed wire fence , belly crawling thru the mud, In all fairness I did see the sow lying dead about 10 yards up front. So I said Kellyann your doing such a good job tracking , why dont you lead the way. Yep she found it. Guys you should have seen her face.. Priceless. She helped gutting it, and then we drove to the allnight cooler here in Vero for them to make sausage. I have had grown men go on hunts with me that I will not invite back. Now for Mrs Kellyann, its a open invitation. She is one tough broad for sure,
    Wyvern LS 390 Solution, 470gr BEE @ 360fps
    125 Grizztrick and Firenock
    Vortex Crossfire 2/ Photon NV

Let her shoot one.
    Proud American of Mexican Heritage
    1988 Burky Browning Fury Crossbow, Mfg. by Horton of GB. Restored by Burky
    2015 Horton Storm, TP Rangemaster
    2015 Wicked Ridge Invader G3, TP Rangemaster
    2016 Excalibur Micro, TP Rangemaster

I agree...let her shoot next time.

Great story. I hope I am that tough in a few more years.

Ok she see's yer hogs n tracks them even is helpin gut them/it. Its time to let this fine Huntress shoot one, congrats
    crossbowcrossroads.com/forum
    Captain Jack Sparrow Micro Awshucks Y 25 Relayer
    Banshee MXB320 Zeiss XB75 scope Captain Morgan Micro 335
    Marie Laveau Voodoo Queen Excal Custom Matrix 360
    Hidden Content

no can do... the spot is not mine personally. I am lucky I get to hunt. But If I ever get my own spot I will for sure.

Plus shooting at night with this NV Photon is not for a beginner.

Quote Originally Posted by bowmanmt View Post
    Plus shooting at night with this NV Photon is not for a beginner.
    So you should start teaching the lady to shoot at night. Sounds pretty simple as most women are pretty good shots when taught properly.
    If the population is a real problem,I see you finding other spots to hunt with some effort...
    175 Orion Extreme from Jerry ,Tapp Nation Arrows,Spitfire Maxx and FOC's Field dressing deer and bear 1 shot at the time.
    I strive to be half the man my dog thinks I am".
    If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go where they do.

Congrats to her and great story.
    NRA Member. Are you?

Nice hog...
    Tenpoint FX4.. Rangemaster Scope. 420 gr Spynal Tapps. 100 gr Exodus
    TenPoint Turbo XLT II...Rangemaster Scope....420 gr Spynal Tapps....100 gr Exodus Swept
    Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and liberal minority, that thinks it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Fantastic!

Great story. Never to late to start providing your own meat on the table.

I got into bowhunting at 44 and I can't get enough of it. Youngest person in a family of eight from Michigan that even hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Kilboars, Hunt Club & FAA/QUE Team Archery
    Prime Centergy Hybrid & Rivals, Black Gold Site, Hamskea rest, Scott Sabertooth NCS Release
    300 Black Eagle Rampage Arrows & Easton HEXX, Wasp Jak-Knife BH

Cool!!!

Great story !! awesome to take someone with you to share !!
    Stryker Solution LS 390, HHA L- 4
    Stryker Solution LS 390, HHA L- 4
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff

IMO you have a new hunter on your hands no different than a 15 year old boy. Teach explain and let them take a hog.
    Mission MXB 400 black XBR scope Leupold Vendetta
    Mission MXB 400 camo XBR scope
    Mission MXB 320 camo XB1 scope
    Spynal Tapp's FOC broadheads.
    BEE's with Rage hypos.

Great story! A great experience for you both!
    2016 Scorpyd Orion 135Extreme
    2011 BowTech SZ350

Shane Mahony talks about how many people have a hunter instinct in side themselves but never realize it until they're exposed to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Kilboars, Hunt Club & FAA/QUE Team Archery
    Prime Centergy Hybrid & Rivals, Black Gold Site, Hamskea rest, Scott Sabertooth NCS Release
    300 Black Eagle Rampage Arrows & Easton HEXX, Wasp Jak-Knife BH

Its not as easy as one may think in finding new ground to hunt hogs.. I actually put 2 expensive ads in the local Sunday newspaper.. not one call.. But once I do get my own ground to hunt I will definitely invite her

I wish all people that show some type of interest would speak up and then somehow get invited to some sort of hunt. People like yourself are the only ones that will keep the sport of hunting live on...GREAT STORY

Thanks ferdy...and every one else.

Good stuff, bowman!

Great story! Way to get her used to non stop action! Sitting in the tree now, with you 200 yards to my south. What a dead night this is! Guys, I've lived here to over 10 years and have been actively seeking private land to hog hunt for about 3 years. Took me forever. It is not easy. I/we (bowmanmt and I) have 3 free lease private areas now to hunt. All which are very productive. People frown on liability and blood with an animal that can be successfully trapped. Yes, most people prefer them trapped and relocated somewhere where they can live out the rest of their lives on a nice farm, in a beautiful meadow. Makes me sick, haha.
    Mathews HEliM / IQ 3 Pin / Gold Tip Velocity XT 415grain / RAGE Hypos

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
    Mission MXB 320
    Stryker Solution 390 LS
    Spynal Tapps/BEE
    Ram Cats, Swhacker, Spitfire

Great story! I also agree that the lady needs to learn how to shoot and you take her out where she can connect on a big old pig. If she is that interested, have her purchase her own crossbow. That way she would be more willing to stick with it.
    Shootin Flat And Hittin Hard

Nice ...
    Wyvern Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, FOC's & Spitfire Wyvern Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, ACUdraw. Swarovski bino. Leica rangefinder. RS64, PVS14 NODs. Surefire, Fenix, Zebralight, Thrunite & Olight lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971