Archery Talk Forum banner

Big Snake 49 feet long

6K views 52 replies 38 participants last post by  grounder 
#1 ·
In Indonesia they have capyured a huge python that exceeds 49 feet long and weight 923# The sanke is though to be the worlsd largest and is fed several dogs a month.

Its in a make shift zoo and people come to see it Awesome

Anybody got the pix yet?

TINK

#4 ·
That is amazing!!! I had several pythons to eastern rattlers and my largest was a albino python that was just under 10' long. When I was in college during the summer I would take it to the park and lay it in the grass, and you would not believe the looks I would get. I could not imagine seeing a 40'+ snake!

#11 ·
that's pretty big, my dad once had a snake eat his comibine in southwest LA, luckily it couldn't move, we made 85 trips to wal-mart for more ammo, it was an International combine, had it been a John Deere the paint fumes would have killed it before it could swallow it. :D

What would be the taxidermy for that dude...???

#15 ·
snake

No wonder these big snakes are so hard to find.... It looks like he is wearing the new M.O. Breakup. And I always wondered where these guys came up with there new patterns.

#18 ·
Here is another pic ..

A giant reticulated python curls inside a cage at Curugsewu recreational Park, in Kendal, Central Java, Indonesia, Tuesday, Dec. 30, 2003. The 15-meter (49.21 feet) long, 447-kilogram (985 pound) snake was captured in Jambi province in Sumatera island last year but only recently put on public display. If confirmed, it would be the largest snake ever kept in captivity.

Attachments

#19 ·
Thats pretty good size but not nearly as big as the one that was killed in the amazon in 1915 with 150 machine gun bullets. It was 6 feet in diameter and over 250 feet long. There is supposed to be another one even bigger than that at this time in the center of the Amazon basin. :eek:

#20 ·
i've seen some 25 footers in my time but 49 ft !! that is one big snake ,never mind making boots and a belt out of it you could make a whole wardrobe! that snake could probably eat a mature fat old doe ! the head on that snake is probably the size of an alligator!and to find a python that big is rare usually the anacondas (from the amazon ) are the big ones!

#23 ·
There was also a famous picture of a black colored snake taken in 1949 in Africa from a helicopter. The snake reared up and struck at the helicopter and nearly brought it down from an altitude of 50 feet. The Spanish aviator who flew the chopper had the presence of mind to snap 2 photos of the creature before it slithered away into the jungle. There is also a famous encounter of a well known early Twentieth Century explorer named R. E. Lloyd and his wife and a spider nearly 4 feet tall in what was then known as the Belgian Congo, now known as Zaire. Our parents lied to us as little children, there really ARE monsters out there!:) I would tell you what I and 2 other boys saw in Lake Michigan when in my mid-teens but I always get really funny looks.......oh what the heck.......Plesiosaurs, several of them, and one was as big as any whale you could possibly imagine. Made the Loch Ness monster seem like child`s play in comparison. Hence my interest in these monster stories. Can`t beat being an eye-witness.

#25 ·
Tink - that is way too much snake for me! I hate snakes......man that would scare the living poop out of me! I just don't see Indonesia in my near future after seeing that!

As far as the belt Tink, you might get 2 wraps....in my case the way I have been eating the last 2 weeks I might get 1 wrap!

One other thing Tink.......no more snake pictures! Man those things are ugly....no offense to you snake lovers but man I am not into snakes at all! Thats way too much snake for me.

:eek:

#26 ·
no kidding LX_Shooter - the croc hunter will fill his shorts when he sees it! He just might marry it!

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.