Team #2 - "Time 2 Win" - Page 7

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Ok, I see now.
    My turkey hunting changed gears in 2009. I killed my first tom with my bow. I haven't hunted with a shotgun since. Now I've only shot 5 toms in the spring counting that one with my bow but I don't care. It's 100 times more exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Life is fragile, handle with prayer."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Great job dosse and way to stay with the track job! Those can be so frustrating! Awesome picks to boot.
    I was on the toms this am. Got setup an hour before light. About 5:45 I'm hearing noise from my backside and see a guy setup 50 yards behind I shined him and even called but he stayed put. The toms hit the ground and ended up heading the wrong way. That was a bummer of a beautiful morning. Then setup at a nice dusting area only to be moved out by loggers. From there on nada! So one more day for me but guys are are gonna be out everywhere to I need some luck! Good luck to all! Hope I can contribute.

Obsession Sniper Lt "DA Hammer" Dixon Built 28.5, 60#
    Obsession Delta 6 Dixon Built 28.5, 60#
    Black Gold Ascent Ambush
    Back Eagle Rampage 350 425gr

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Bones I hear you, don't think I'll ever take the tc in the woods for turkeys again, other than with my son once he starts. Although I do miss the run and gun from time to time. Good luck heading out soon! Should be a great day in the timber!

Black Gold Ascent Ambush

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Perfect morning! Clear and frosty! Lots more gobbling on the roost at this point. I have one neighbor hunting 100 yards from me. I will only stay til noon or so today. I have pulled out the strutter along with the rest this am. Good luck to all! Let's put another one in the board!

Good luck!

Had a tom come to about 50-60 yards. Gobbling at my calls. Then he turned and walked away gobbling forever! I think he saw the strutter and didn't like it. He's silent now.

If he's circling around, he sure is taking his time!
    Noon now and nothing since 0815. Nothing.

Turkeys are crazy and unpredictable for sure.

Stupid smart turkeys! They love playing with your mind!!! I'm done calling birds for everyone else this year. Time to get me one now!
    2016 Elite Victory 37, 28.75in, 65lb, GoldTip X-Cutter, GoldTip Velocity XT, Bodoodle Pro Lite II, CBE Vertex and Tek Hybrid, B-Stinger Premier Plus, Scott Backspin, Scott Sigma
    Aim Small....Miss Small....Have FUN!!!! Its Just A Game!!Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hunted last night till 7:00, lone hen and that was it. This am I had some good gobbling again at 5:35-6, at about 6:30 3 guys come of the tract runnin and gunnin..... public land at its finest. Sat in that area till 2:00. Walking in a little spot that has been good midday I bump a Tom checking. So I circled around fast and dropped into some thick slash, kind of a maze. Popped the tent up quick and put out a hen. Sat down and saw I lined her up wrong right behind a small shrub. So I took my Jake out and move them both quick. Let out a call and got a quick response close. I figuered this was it and he got about 8 yards from me behind the slash and turned around. Guess I shoulda left the Jake. He circled around a few times but left. Almost! So I'll sit this spot for a couple hours and chill. Might be it for me, slight chance I get out for an hour tomorrow. Good luck!!

Black Gold Ascent Ambush

I sat til 3. Didn't see or even hear another turkey. That could be it for me. 36 hours in the blind/torture chamber in 4 days. Sorry guys. I wish I knew what happened on the shot I took at the jake... never will know for sure.

Yesterday was our youth day in pa (I'm 15). Called a few nice gobs in to 60+ yards but nothing would commit. Had 4 Jakes under 30 yards but wasn't wasting a tag on a jake on the first day. Regular season opens this Saturday for us so I'm hoping I can get it done then.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    "Kill a man a deer and he'll live for a month, teach a man to hunt and at least we'll get to see how much patience he had."
    Bowtech Insanity CPX

Are you on em Winston?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7