Team #7 - "Team Strut Zone"

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Team #7 - "Team Strut Zone"

Welcome to the 12th Annual ArcheryTalk Turkey Contest! Below is your team for the 2017 Contest season. These contests are designed for everyone to have fun and not take things too seriously. Let's all have a safe and successful season! Use this thread for discussion purposes, sharing trail cam pictures, etc. among your team members. After your team has a majority on a team name, have one of your members post the team name in the Team Name Registration thread. Good Luck, Shoot Straight, and BE SAFE!!!!!

Please be reminded all birds must be entered via the scoring thread, which is complete with links to NWTF calculators, as well as, rules for the contest....
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4806017

____
    0nepin
    BowTechForever
    Buck#1
    PaBone
    ckanipe
    Maxemus
    killa_cam11
    WyoGoat
    Arrow_Slinger
    Chupacabra
    Last edited by 12-Ringer; April 11th, 2017 at 09:23 AM.
    Hidden Content RingerCams - Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize!!!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content the 12-ring . com Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hey Guys, I happened to be on and saw no one has checked in yet...priority 1, team name...
    Wattle Choppers, Everlasting Gobble Stoppers (I coined this one last year so I think we can stake claim)
    Other ideas?
    My season starts next Saturday...my spot is usually productive but scouting this week revealed about half the trees have fallen down due to a monster windstorm. Plenty of roost trees left but a mess getting through so not sure how it will be.
    Here's last years Bullhead double.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016 turkey 1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	5692337  
    Hoyt Nitrum 34 60#
    AR34 (Carp Slayer)
    Big Jim Buffalo, Renegade Archery Scout

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Bone checking in, I will be hunting Ohio and Pa starting in late April. Turkeys are tough for me because I hunt them with no blind or decoys, but I hope to arrow one. Any name is fine for me, but growing up my buddies gave me the nickname long chicken so I propose The Long Chickens as our team name. Lol

The older I get the better I was.

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I sent Pm's to the rest of the team, to The long Chickens, I respectively say nay...
    Hoyt Nitrum 34 60#
    AR34 (Carp Slayer)

Hi everyone. Long live the flop!!!!

Hey guys checking in from Pa. Will be hunting both PA and NY this year, looks like it's gonna be a great year

Checking in from NC. Our season starts second weekend in April. I have already seen some strutting out in the fields. Hopefully this season will be as good, to me, as the past few have! Good luck to all! I don't have a exact name but I think having "flop" in it somewhere would be nice. I'm game for whatever.
    Obsession Def Con M6 29.5/80
    Obsession Fusion 6 29/70

Heading up to the farm today for some projects but when I get back will be going to my Florida farm to try and get a quick Osceola. After that my season officially kicks off in Kansas hunting Rios with Zmax then I fly to Illinois where I was lucky to pull two opening season gobbler tags.

Checking in.
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. MEMBER OF TEAM OVERKILL .Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ..............Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards ....Team #1 IN 4 THE WIN 2014 & 2015 champions .

checking in! took me forever to find this thread, lol.
    i'll be hunting NC and Possibly SC if i can find time.

for team name, "Beard Busters" ?
    hunting= Elite Synergy #63 28.5", 405gr Gold Tip Velocity xt, CBE Tek hybrid, AAE Pro Drop rest, Grim Reaper broadheads
    3D= Elite Energy 35 #62 28.5", 355gr Gold Tip x-cutter pro's, CBE Vertex target, trophy taker SS pro II

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0771.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	5705169Click image for larger version. 

ID:	5705169 a few of the bird i'll be hunting this season.
    hunting= Elite Synergy #63 28.5", 405gr Gold Tip Velocity xt, CBE Tek hybrid, AAE Pro Drop rest, Grim Reaper broadheads
    3D= Elite Energy 35 #62 28.5", 355gr Gold Tip x-cutter pro's, CBE Vertex target, trophy taker SS pro II

Anyone using a "turkey" specific bow? Or am I the only who uses that as an excuse to have another bow?

I sold my hunting bow and only have my indoor bow which is a Halon X. I will be buying a hunting bow soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ckanipe View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	5705169 a few of the bird i'll be hunting this season.

I lived in NC for ten years and killed some nice birds. I lived in Summerfield just off rt 158 and hunted in Rockingham and Caswell Counties. I still make it back to NC every couple years or so to visit and my buddy in NC came up to Pa and hunted with me last year. Good Luck this year and lets go Heels.

Quote Originally Posted by BowTechForever View Post
    Anyone using a "turkey" specific bow? Or am I the only who uses that as an excuse to have another bow?
    I use the same bow for all hunting season. But I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone when I say, any excuse is a great excuse to get another bow! Go ahead brother
    Obsession Def Con M6 29.5/80
    Obsession Fusion 6 29/70

Quote Originally Posted by BowTechForever View Post
    I use the same bow, but I usually turn it down to about 65lbs instead of 72.
    If I could afford to, I'd have a bow for every season..

I have 4 bows and they all have to eat so I rotate them.i use to have a pse ss and it
    Was
    My main turkey bow.wish I would kept it

ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. MEMBER OF TEAM OVERKILL .Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ..............Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards ....Team #1 IN 4 THE WIN 2014 & 2015 champions .

This was my best bird last year .scored around 74 .he had the longest beard of any turkey I have killed and second longest Spurs .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2575.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	5706849  

Here's a bird I killed several years ago with a shotgun.

And then last year:

Quote Originally Posted by 0nepin View Post
    This was my best bird last year .scored around 74 .he had the longest beard of any turkey I have killed and second longest Spurs .
    That's world class one pin!!!

Hey Team

Chupacabra checking in. I don't care about a team name. Really. Pick whatever.

I do love turkey hunting with a bow! More than deer hunting actually. I normally spring hunt WI, NE and SD. If I had a life that allowed more time, I'd hunt some other states too. First hunt of the year is April 1 in SD. We stay on the border with NE so I hunt both states while out there.

I don't change a thing with my bow or arrows from deer setup.

So, to get an idea of our odds in the contest, what would everyone rate your individual odds of scoring a bird this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Hey Team

Chupacabra checking in. I don't care about a team name. Really. Pick whatever.

I do love turkey hunting with a bow! More than deer hunting actually. I normally spring hunt WI, NE and SD. If I had a life that allowed more time, I'd hunt some other states too. First hunt of the year is April 1 in SD. We stay on the border with NE so I hunt both states while out there.

I don't change a thing with my bow or arrows from deer setup.

So, to get an idea of our odds in the contest, what would everyone rate your individual odds of scoring a bird this season?
    I'd rate my odds of killing a good bird with the bow a 7 out of 10.

I've got at least 5 longbeards hanging out on 100 acres. And 14 hens to keep the gobblers there.

Hey everyone. Checking in & this is my 1st time doing a league on AT.
    This will be my first year with the Magnus Bullheads, I am setting up my '06 Tribute to be a turkey specific rig. I live in MN but also have been hunting the western prairie of SD for the last 10 years.
    As far as team names, I like the fore mentioned 'wattle choppers' or 'beard busters'.
    Good luck everyone!

Thanks brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxemus View Post
    That's world class one pin!!!

I'll know more about my chances of getting a bird on Sunday night...hopefully they cooperate and can get us on the board early.
    Hoyt Nitrum 34 60#
    AR34 (Carp Slayer)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast