Brady at NFAA - 300 with 57x

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brady at NFAA - 300 with 57x

I quickly looked on the NFAA's web site but couldn't find any listing of record scores.

That a 597 in WA. Must be some kind of record.

He's really on fire indoors this year - can't wait to see him outdoors this year.

BTW - his better half is tied for first with 300 and 59X

Very poor showing/number of "professional" on the FSLR side.
    Doug in NJ
    Member USA Archery, Bloomfield Archers and Wo Pe Na Archers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Matching score today - 600 with 114x for the two days

Cool!
    Doug in NJ
    Member USA Archery, Bloomfield Archers and Wo Pe Na Archers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

You've gotta appreciate greatness. He's amazing.

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hammer08 View Post
    You've gotta appreciate greatness. He's amazing.
    He was really smooth these last two days. some of the also rans in the men's recurve were joking they should have shot pro and earned at least third and most likely second-the other guy who entered shot 501-one of the top women told me he entered to try to spur others to enter-the top 19 men in the adult FSLR would have placed ahead of him. Same in the Pro women's recurve-one entry that would have finished 11th in the adult women FSLR.

The two Kauthold kids- with Connor winning the young Adult by three points over Andrew Mantle of Texas (589-586) and Youth Casey only two points lower than her big brother with a 587 (which would have won the ladies event) over second place Emily Smith of Florida's very strong 290/290.

Michael Plummer of Michigan put up a very good score on winning the Adult men's recurve with a pair of 298s. Second was Michigan and Texas AM freshman Coby Moscoqitz and third was Bill Hall of CT. In the Ladies, Siobhan Saragossa of Texas jumped from third to first ahead of day one's Leaders, Lori Cieslinski of Michigan and former past champion Chelsea Obrebski of my club.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY

A pair of 298's would have won the event a few times even when Butch and Vic were shooting it.

IIRC, Butch's two-day record (they don't keep one day records) was 600 with about 104x's, so Brady's mark should be a new NFAA indoor record for pro division. Not sure where they will put Butch's record now that I think about it...
    Unapologetically fighting for the recreational archer

Quote Originally Posted by limbwalker View Post
    A pair of 298's would have won the event a few times even when Butch and Vic were shooting it.

IIRC, Butch's two-day record (they don't keep one day records) was 600 with about 104x's, so Brady's mark should be a new NFAA indoor record for pro division. Not sure where they will put Butch's record now that I think about it...
    I think Butch would still have the AMFSLR. If I recall you were in that class etc. maybe 2005 or 06. Mike Plummer shot really well-he was really on this weekend.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    I buy from BCY

Yeah, Brady had one heck of an indoor season!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did Jake shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by ArtV View Post
    Did Jake shoot?

No, I don't recall ever seeing him at NFAA. Brady has shot as a pro the last two years. Alex Wiffler-who finished tied for fourth in the Pro Compound won the recurve event here several years ago with a 599/600, the next year he had a 595 with a miss and came in second IIRC, but in the last 11 years or so, we haven't seen the top USAT archers in recurve at the men's division, though some of the Young adult winners were on JR USAT
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    I buy from BCY

I think it was probably 2007 the last time we had multiple Olympic archers attend that event. Those were good times. 2004 NFAA indoor Nationals was my very first national level event. It was very well attended by many of the top recurve archers, including (from memory) Butch, Rod White, Jay Barrs, Jason McKittrick, and perhaps even Justin Huish. I'm not sure why Vic wasn't there that year, but I shot with him at several NFAA indoor championships, along with Rick McKinney too. I was sorry to see today's top recurve archers no longer attending but I also understand why. If you want to shoot recurve for a living, you gotta pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Demmer View Post
    Yeah, Brady had one heck of an indoor season!

Your's was pretty good too if I recall! 291 barebow yesterday?!? Congratulations to all, well done!

Thanks. It was a good day. This shoot was trad. 😊

Fawn ended up with a 285 yesterday in the Female trad. Definitely backed up her upper 280s from last year.

Fawn ended up with a 285 yesterday in the Female trad. Definitely backed up her upper 280s from last year.

Yes Fawn was actually pretty happy with Sunday's score-not so much saturday

I am hoping-with the growth of WA Barebow in the JOAD ranks, NFAA will have a traditional event for such kids. I watched one of my students shoot in the Youth BB lose to Compounds with much worse form-one girl shot really well but had Zero back tension-the draw hand stayed locked to her jaw on release-and with a compound with its acceleration through the power curve, you can get away with that-not with a recurve. But it seems to me-having been at NFAA for 12 or so years straight, the number of kids shooting what in NFAA is deemed "Traditional" bows is growing which is good.

one of my kids asked what brand of tape you use on your nose John. they figured you'd have the stuff that works best
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    I buy from BCY

Lol. I get mine at the dollar store. I go through a lot 😂

I was sorry to see today's top recurve archers no longer attending but I also understand why. If you want to shoot recurve for a living, you gotta pay the bills.
    Would you elaborate? The recurve archers of old must have had bills to pay, too, so what am I missing?

Lol. I get mine at the dollar store. I go through a lot

i figured they might want to join your team as a sponsor!!
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    I buy from BCY

Quote Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
    Would you elaborate? The recurve archers of old must have had bills to pay, too, so what am I missing?
    They had other ways to pay the bills, and a few got contingency money for placing at NFAA nat's. Plus many top recurvers at the time weren't trying to make a living shooting exclusively.

I assume Brady won some money since it was the "Pro" division? How about that 2nd place guy?

Paul
    28" AMO DL, 68" bow, 28.5#OTF
    Spigarelli Revolution 25" riser, Border Hex 6.5H Med limbs
    AGF Technic Sight, Bernie's Wind Dragon Pro X Stabilizers

I dunno but I might have to look into that. LOL

In Vegas, we have professional full time archers taking money from amateurs in flights. And in Cinci, we had amateurs taking money from pros. That is pretty funny actually.

I dunno but I might have to look into that. LOL

In Vegas, we have professional full time archers taking money from amateurs in flights. And in Cinci, we had amateurs taking money from pros. That is pretty funny actually.

amateurs got money?

from what I was told by one of the McLaughlin brothers (he said he was tempted to shoot the pro division but heard they returned 80% of the entry fees to the pro division meaning Brady probably got his money back and maybe a bit more and the second place guy didn't net out ahead)

I asked the woman with the strongest resume in the women's recurve field why she didn't shoot pro (which she would have won easily) and she asked why pay so much more for the same experience and less competition
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    I buy from BCY

Thanks. It was a good day. This shoot was trad. 😊

Does that mean no rest or plunger?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

No. Nfaa trad is 12" stab, rest plunger no stringwalking

FYI and maybe help clear up any confusion: If only 2 people shoot in the PMFSLR means that only 1, Brady, gets any money back - per the Pro Payout Schedule. Payout is 100% of the pro purse entry (amount the Pro's pay on top of the regular adult entry fee) plus the portion of the Pro dues that is earmarked to be paid out on top of the pro purse for Indoor Natls x number of archers in that specific pro class. Plus any additional guaranteed amounts, if any.

Curious also which amateurs took money from the Pros at the NFAA Indoor Nationals?

Awesome shooting by Brady. John and others as well. Got to watch John on the practice range at Vegas this year - amazing what you do with a recurve, no sights and fingers!

>>----------->

Quote Originally Posted by CHPro View Post
    FYI and maybe help clear up any confusion: If only 2 people shoot in the PMFSLR means that only 1, Brady, gets any money back - per the Pro Payout Schedule. Payout is 100% of the pro purse entry (amount the Pro's pay on top of the regular adult entry fee) plus the portion of the Pro dues that is earmarked to be paid out on top of the pro purse for Indoor Natls x number of archers in that specific pro class. Plus any additional guaranteed amounts, if any.

Curious also which amateurs took money from the Pros at the NFAA Indoor Nationals?

Awesome shooting by Brady. John and others as well. Got to watch John on the practice range at Vegas this year - amazing what you do with a recurve, no sights and fingers!

>>----------->

what would be the payback for a Pro division where there is only one shooter?

thanks for the explanation.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    I buy from BCY

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast