a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: eat what you kill

eat what you kill

do you really have to eat everything you kill, or is that some kind of tree hugger bull crap. i dont wanna eat everything i kill. yea i will admit sometimes i kill just to see how tuned my bow is and if i can make that shot. dont want to eat coon or crow, and have to pass on the squirrel too. sometimes times i just shoot it to watch it die. is there something wrong with me?

no

Quote Originally Posted by sits in trees View Post
    sometimes times i just shoot it to watch it die. is there something wrong with me?
    Perhaps.

I'm guessing you are being sarcastic in order to prove some point. There is a difference between killing for those strange reasons you posted and realizing that there are some animals that we kill that just aren't good to eat. Nothing wrong with managing wildlife populations.
    Team 28 - Quiver Sniffers

I shoot every groundhog I see.. never ate one.. but.. .the farmer asked us to, so....

[ i kill just to see how tuned my bow is and if i can make that shot. [/QUOTE]

That's what a target is for. You should not be tuning your bow using live aninmals. Jezzz

Even woodcock. Ever eat one?

Butcher did a bad job on last seasons deer and I'm struggling through it. Lot of hair and he used a saw so lots of bone too. No more business for that one.
    A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm.

there is something wrong with your post....maybe it's to short for me...

I Do

You can.But you have to eat all edible things you kill,especially squirrels,which is second as table fare only to doves.imo. except maybe teal too.But you have to give crows and coon to alligator farms or turtles.

I love squirrel.... No problem with squirrell at all man.

When i was alot younger i use to kill just for the kicks. But as i have grown older i see things diff. I have learned to give back to the animals that i share the woods and fields with. For me now when i kill its to eat and i look at life diff. as to the animals. Now i dont just kill to kill i have learned that life has a diff. meaning then it did before. Yes you have the occational mole in the yard and a mouse in the house but its just something we deal with. So when i kill now it to eat and to remember to give back some way for what i have taken. Crazy Wolf.

well if your young and you shoot stuff to watch it die--> whatever I use to kill everything in sight with my wrist rockets and pellet rifles (until I discovered girls) but if your an adult and your killing stuff to just watch it die--> then without coming off the wrong way and being honest I'd say yeah thats way beyond conservation and you might have some issues

I ate part of this fellow. Wasn't so good! But his older cousin the Mtn Lion is sure tasty!!

Kifaru International

Exclamation Bug hunter

I don't eat cats,dogs,rodents,snakes,or bugs.Oh,and bear!!!

What in the world would possess a guy to eat cat? Peer pressure! Bragging rights!!

Quote Originally Posted by KickerPoint79 View Post
    [ i kill just to see how tuned my bow is and if i can make that shot.
    That's what a target is for. You should not be tuning your bow using live aninmals. Jezzz[/QUOTE]

how about seeing if my shooting is good enough to clip a chuck at 400 yds? with a .223, or if my 22 marlin is sighted well enough to see if i can clip that squirrel all the way up an oak just peeking around the corner at me.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted1600 View Post
    I don't eat cats,dogs,rodents,snakes,or bugs.Oh,and bear!!!

What in the world would possess a guy to eat cat? Peer pressure! Bragging rights!!
    i dont know but thats what some hunters would have you believe. i can see peta people getting nuts over this but some so called fellow hunters have been hitting me with this lately???

I try to atleast taste everything I kill. I was skeptible of eating cat (Mtn Lion) the first time, but my buddy said to ought to try it is very good. Well he told no lie. It was amazing and my favorite wild meat. I even like it better than elk. It tastes just like pork chops. Seriously.

Kifaru International

I normally do. All I normally have in the freezer is venison. No beef at my house too bland.
    Hell yea I hunt those poor little deer I eat them too.
    highcountryarchery.net/ Yea they are back and making excellent bows!!!!!!!!
    I created the staggar back tuning method

It is not always good to eat everything you kill. The part that bothers me is you stated you like to shoot them to watch them die and to tune your bow? Like was stated that is what targets are made for. There is no need to kill any animal just to watch it die. Besides most good hunters call it harvesting not killing there is a slight difference and we (or most) do eat what they kill unless it is not good for human consumption

I assumed that guy was joking as anyone on this site whoi kills soley to kill may soon be on an AMW website
    Hell yea I hunt those poor little deer I eat them too.
    highcountryarchery.net/ Yea they are back and making excellent bows!!!!!!!!
    I created the staggar back tuning method

I don't always eat everything I kill. There was one season in 1992 where we had a servere drought and the wildlife was really taking a hard hit. I must have killed over twenty wild hogs that were walking skin, bones and ticks. A hog that should have weighted 150 lbs tip the scales a 60. Call it mercy killing.
    Bow Junkie, Archery Addict and Killer of Foam

I also onetime harvested a nice deer but when I dressed it out there were puss pockets all over inside the backstrap. I called the game dept and they advised me not to eat it and they would pick it up. They did and re-issued me another tag, they were also supposed to get back to me with what they found out about the animal but of course they did not. There are times when you do not eat what you kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman7640 View Post
    I also onetime harvested a nice deer but when I dressed it out there were puss pockets all over inside the backstrap. I called the game dept and they advised me not to eat it and they would pick it up. They did and re-issued me another tag, they were also supposed to get back to me with what they found out about the animal but of course they did not. There are times when you do not eat what you kill.
    Your deer may have been shot with birdshots, I don't know if deer get tricanosis (sp?). Found a hog similar to what you discribed.
    Bow Junkie, Archery Addict and Killer of Foam

I couldnt pull myself to eat a cat. I personally dont care for squirrel either I take them out because there is far to many in my woods but I dont waste them either I put them in fox holes and their gone the next day. Ive always belived if your feeding something else its not a waste because something else is living from it JMO

But I do eat everything else I shoot

Quote Originally Posted by jdcamo View Post
    I try to atleast taste everything I kill. I was skeptible of eating cat (Mtn Lion) the first time, but my buddy said to ought to try it is very good. Well he told no lie. It was amazing and my favorite wild meat. I even like it better than elk. It tastes just like pork chops. Seriously.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,,I have heard that Lion steaks are great.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast