Exercises?

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Thread: Exercises?

Smile Exercises?

Hi ladies! What (if any) exercises do you do to keep your arm/back muscles strong, but not something that will get my muscles bulky. I'm a full time college student so sometimes getting to the gym is hard, but any exercise tips would be helpful whether it be at home ones or gym ones! Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

awesome thank you! I will have to try this out.

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

I just showed this to my wife and she is stoked to try it out! That video was an interesting contrast to the Cameron Hanes one where he was doing full range of movement with dumbbell rows.

Since getting to the gym is problematic you could get a set of therapeutic stretch bands to use at home or when you have some free time. Make sure you use them left and right handed to keep the core body muscles in balance.

Too much equipment--Total Gym
    PSE Carbon 32 46#/25 1/2" Skullworks 2
    PSE Stiletto 42#/25 1/2"
    Strother Hope 40#/25 1/2"
    PSE MALICIAHidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks! I will have to check around for some!

>>>>>~~~~| ProlineBowstrings.com |~~~~~~>
    • NEW Proprietary string materials based on increased van der waals molecular interactions
    • Increased performance due to elongated Polyolefin thermoplastic chains
    • A new era of bowstrings

Here is a link to some archery specific exercises from Crystal Gauvin, a world class archer. They look so good I plan to try them myself:

http://www.crystalgauvin.com/2017/01...s-for-archers/

Banded pull ups with really resisting the down portion (basically negatives) unless you can do them without the bands. Bent over rows, and you can do variations to hit different parts of your back by pulling to your chest or your stomach. Lateral dumbbell raises. Pushups, and any variation of those. Check out crossover symmetry, it's expensive but you can do similar exercises with cheaper bands.

Don't worry about getting bulky. I've been doing crossfit and lifting heavy for years now and I'm still a size 2-4 but can draw a 56# bow all day. You have to try to get bulky. It's a lot more difficult for women to grow those huge muscles than people realize. I can still wear my cheerleading uniforms from 10 years ago, but I weigh 15 lbs more because I've put on muscle. I do put a lot of stuff I do on my instagram, @cbs0013. Don't be afraid to lift weights! It does a body good!

Quote Originally Posted by Corene1 View Post
    Since getting to the gym is problematic you could get a set of therapeutic stretch bands to use at home or when you have some free time. Make sure you use them left and right handed to keep the core body muscles in balance.
    Any suggestions for specific exercises? I 'draw' with our bands, but I'm really not sure what else to do and don't have enough exercise sense to know what's good to do and what's not.

Quote Originally Posted by VIPArchery View Post
    Any suggestions for specific exercises? I 'draw' with our bands, but I'm really not sure what else to do and don't have enough exercise sense to know what's good to do and what's not.
    Certainly the draw workout is important but it is also a good idea to do the draw with both hands to keep in balance. We also do lunges to strengthen the legs as well as crunches to strengthen the stomach core. With the stretch bands you can step on them with both feet, and while standing holding the tag end in each hand you can bend side to side at the waist pulling up with the muscles in the side of your ribs , this also helps the middle core. You can also do bent flys to strengthen the scapula by holding the band in each hand , bending forward with arms down and pulling the band till both arms are horizontal. I also work the tricep muscles by holding the band over my head then extending both arms till they are straight, the band should come straight behind your head and neck. Since I am a recurve shooter these are some that I use. I would Imagine the compound uses similar muscles. I also like low weight with high count repetitions instead of low count and high weight pulls.