Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alpine SILVERADO

alpine SILVERADO

can anyone tel my how does the ALPINE TUNDRA SERIES SILVERADO compound bow shoots i like to hear the positve and the negetive thinks
    i shoot hoyt moost of the time

Attached Images Attached Images

LOVED my older ALpine...wish the new ones came in 31.5" draw.
    Better archery through science.
    Vectrix XL #60 31.5"
    Strother Moxie #50 31.5"
    www.carbofastdirect.com

Try it!

Mahly,

You might want to try one of the new Alpines with the new cams.

I just got a new Sabre that is a 30" draw and it's a bit long for me even tho' I draw just a bit over 30" normally.

By the way, it shoots well --- only have a day or two on it but all the indications are that it will be a barn burner.

DDD

Thanx, but until I see on their website that they are going to 31.5" I'm not dropping the cash to try. Not many Alpine dealers here to test their draws anyway.
    Vectrix XL #60 31.5"
    Strother Moxie #50 31.5"
    www.carbofastdirect.com

Now that I finally have mine set up I am completely happy with it. I just need to tweak it a little bit but once it is were I want it LOOK OUT.

I was fairly suprised with the silverardo, its a smooth quiet fast bow. i would dare say its a top contender with all the other bows on the market. its very fast, its smoother than most with a hybrid/double cam. fairly accurate also.

I just ordered a Sabre from Jim @ Select Archery!! I can't wait!!
    Alpine Fireball F1

I’m very happy with my Silverado. The bow has zero vibration and its fast. I wish I had held out for the Saber I like a little longer bow. Overall I think you will be very happy with going with Alpine………

The Tundra Silverado sounds like a truck wreck.

j/k
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

sagecreek

Is the Tundra a 06 or 07?

Quote Originally Posted by VA2 View Post
    Is the Tundra a 06 or 07?

It's hard to tell now.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

The silverado surprised me. I have never been a fan of their bows(other great accessories) but that one shot pretty good... never could get used to the grip and for that Id never own one. But if a guy wants a bow that is fast, relatively quiet and unique... get the silverado.

The grip took me about 3 shooting sessions before I got the feel, now I love it…………

I shot a friends Silverado and he shot my Vectrix. We both agreed, the Vectrix was a better bow in every catagory. Not saying the Silverado was not a good bow, just that it didn't stack up against the Vectrix.
    Elite XLR, Z28, Pure and Tour

mfr22

Yeah, OK MFR22

don't know how they shoot, but I think they are pretty sweet looking!

With atleast a dozen bolts holding the riser together I hope they shoot good.
    Conquer the web with Artonicweb.com

I will be sure to post a solid review of mine when it arrives!
    Alpine Fireball F1

Quote Originally Posted by VA2 View Post
    Yeah, OK MFR22
    Hey, he asked for the positive and negative, I just gave him mine and my buddys honest opinion. Actually, my buddy just sold his Silverado and bought a Drenalin and loves it... to each his own I guess!
    Elite XLR, Z28, Pure and Tour

Its very heavy and i do not like the fact that the riser has somthing around 34 bolts in it, the bow is also very loud and ugly IMO. But shoot it for yourself and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by headofahessian View Post
    Its very heavy and i do not like the fact that the riser has somthing around 34 bolts in it, the bow is also very loud and ugly IMO. But shoot it for yourself and see what you think.
    I think it's the best looking bow out there! and LOUD?!?!?!?
    Vectrix XL #60 31.5"
    Strother Moxie #50 31.5"
    www.carbofastdirect.com

I know nothing about Alpines new stuff, but that Silverado looks sweet.
    Last edited by BowtechKicks; May 16th, 2007 at 03:45 AM. Reason: forgot words. Sleep sleep sleep

Quote Originally Posted by headofahessian View Post
    I shot it at the ATA show, so I can offer up an opinion on this one...just not true. It's just as quiet as most bows are nowadays. Really, once the silencers get on a bow, they all quiet down quite a bit. As for all the bolts, it doesn't have that many. It may give the appearance, but it doesn't. When Mono's new Sabre gets here, I'll count each bolt for you guys...

Jim

I shot my Silverado for the first time last night. The bow surpassed all my expectations. If you experience any noise check the allen screws on the cams. If they loosen the draw length module will vibrate. Otherwise, the Silverado is extremely quiet. The draw is smooth and the wall is excellent. The bow is also vibration free. I suggest buying the Silverado match grade package which includes the site, fallaway rest and stabilizer. I think it's a great value. I will shoot through the chrono this weekend and post the speed Im getting with my 3D setup. My first impression is the bow is extremely fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice Miner View Post
    I shot my Silverado for the first time last night. The bow surpassed all my expectations. If you experience any noise check the allen screws on the cams. If they loosen the draw length module will vibrate. Otherwise, the Silverado is extremely quiet. The draw is smooth and the wall is excellent. The bow is also vibration free. I suggest buying the Silverado match grade package which includes the site, fallaway rest and stabilizer. I think it's a great value. I will shoot through the chrono this weekend and post the speed Im getting with my 3D setup. My first impression is the bow is extremely fast.
    Yep same here. The silverado is so smooth I could feel the rubber vibe thingy in the riser wiggle. I taped it up and it shot as smooth as the Vectrix I was testing. It also shot 33O IBO. I was in shock so we shot it for an hour. now my grip feels funny on my old bow.
    Be safe, Follow regulations and practice hunter safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast